Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Raja » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:55 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Yes only the rich or feminist or arte women have helpers. Ive had bargirls and scammers that do more work for me than your wife does apparently. Also Id be creeped out having a stranger in my house at any level. thats just bizarre. Your sex life and romance must be terrible if you have a live in helper. Im an american not a filipino they are used to sex in huts.

No, just no. :roll:

Although the laws are changing girls graduate high school at 16 and guess what that army of young people who are not going to college and legally can't marry yet doing? They are the helpers for those a bit older and at the start of their careers and child bearing.
Raja
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:53 pm







Postby OutWest » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:08 am

Im saying for the majority of men they will not be happy with the philippines on many accounts BUT it beats the alternative which is being ALONE or with a nagging old fat western woman or the antisocial behaviour. Even bstyle slammed asia but the first thing he did when going back to america was move in with a fat terrible sex milf who had a screaming kid. Even i wouldn't have done that in america. He says he hates p4p in asia but id rather do p4p than be miserable in USA.


As for community, villages, barangays and extended family. I live in a hotel what the hell do i need to worry about all that for? If i moved there permanently I would move to a rented condo or apartment. No farm, no village, no squatters and certainly no in laws.

Yes only the rich or feminist or arte women have helpers. Ive had bargirls and scammers that do more work for me than your wife does apparently. Also Id be creeped out having a stranger in my house at any level. thats just bizarre. Your sex life and romance must be terrible if you have a live in helper. Im an american not a filipino they are used to sex in huts.[/quote]


You admit that you know NOTHING about Philippines society and culture and you are proud of your ignorance and stupidity. Your reputation as a low grade sleezy monger having sex with the dregs of society is richly deserved. You are obviously a sociopath.
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:56 am

OutWest wrote:Im saying for the majority of men they will not be happy with the philippines on many accounts BUT it beats the alternative which is being ALONE or with a nagging old fat western woman or the antisocial behaviour. Even bstyle slammed asia but the first thing he did when going back to america was move in with a fat terrible sex milf who had a screaming kid. Even i wouldn't have done that in america. He says he hates p4p in asia but id rather do p4p than be miserable in USA.


As for community, villages, barangays and extended family. I live in a hotel what the hell do i need to worry about all that for? If i moved there permanently I would move to a rented condo or apartment. No farm, no village, no squatters and certainly no in laws.

Yes only the rich or feminist or arte women have helpers. Ive had bargirls and scammers that do more work for me than your wife does apparently. Also Id be creeped out having a stranger in my house at any level. thats just bizarre. Your sex life and romance must be terrible if you have a live in helper. Im an american not a filipino they are used to sex in huts.


You admit that you know NOTHING about Philippines society and culture and you are proud of your ignorance and stupidity. Your reputation as a low grade sleezy monger having sex with the dregs of society is richly deserved. You are obviously a sociopath.[/quote]

I didn't know not wanting to live like shit was the definition of sociopath. In fact you are the ONLY one on this entire board that is willing to live like that so I guess the rest of us are just sociopaths? You are uppity old school delusional expat. I know plenty I just dont want to sit on a farm in the middle of nowhere like you having sex and fighting and discussions with a housekeeper in the next room and having in laws knocking on my door and be away from taxis and malls. Id rather be alone in america than have that as my future retirement. Anyways get back to the philippines. You obviously miss it more and your fake filipino extended family than your own elderly family in america. How sad. I bet they are on the payroll too in some extent.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby Bobby » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:20 am

Hero wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Hero wrote:Ditto. That's why I accepted that $90K job that only gives me 2 weeks of vacation per year. My best strategy is to build up a shitload of cash as quickly as possible and then move there permanently.


That's a big salary, Hero. Congrats. How much do think you'll need to save up before you leave?


At least $10K in cash, but no more than $20K. I'll evaluate my readiness to leave in March 2015, and every 6 months thereafter until I can get out. It shouldn't take me more than a year to save up what I need.



Ok, with a view to earning money while you're in the PI I assume or living off investments.

I'm forever running the numbers for my situation.
Bobby
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Postby davewe » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:24 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
OutWest wrote:Im saying for the majority of men they will not be happy with the philippines on many accounts BUT it beats the alternative which is being ALONE or with a nagging old fat western woman or the antisocial behaviour. Even bstyle slammed asia but the first thing he did when going back to america was move in with a fat terrible sex milf who had a screaming kid. Even i wouldn't have done that in america. He says he hates p4p in asia but id rather do p4p than be miserable in USA.


As for community, villages, barangays and extended family. I live in a hotel what the hell do i need to worry about all that for? If i moved there permanently I would move to a rented condo or apartment. No farm, no village, no squatters and certainly no in laws.

Yes only the rich or feminist or arte women have helpers. Ive had bargirls and scammers that do more work for me than your wife does apparently. Also Id be creeped out having a stranger in my house at any level. thats just bizarre. Your sex life and romance must be terrible if you have a live in helper. Im an american not a filipino they are used to sex in huts.


You admit that you know NOTHING about Philippines society and culture and you are proud of your ignorance and stupidity. Your reputation as a low grade sleezy monger having sex with the dregs of society is richly deserved. You are obviously a sociopath.


I didn't know not wanting to live like shit was the definition of sociopath. In fact you are the ONLY one on this entire board that is willing to live like that so I guess the rest of us are just sociopaths? You are uppity old school delusional expat. I know plenty I just dont want to sit on a farm in the middle of nowhere like you having sex and fighting and discussions with a housekeeper in the next room and having in laws knocking on my door and be away from taxis and malls. Id rather be alone in america than have that as my future retirement. Anyways get back to the philippines. You obviously miss it more and your fake filipino extended family than your own elderly family in america. How sad. I bet they are on the payroll too in some extent.[/quote]



This debate is ridiculous and Outwest is certainly not the only one on the board who does live in PI or wants to live there.

I don't know if you are a sociopath but you are wildly inconsistent: you complain in hundreds of posts about the country, hate the women you have been involved with but then talk about living there. Why? If you don't like the place, don't live there. It would be easier to respect (though not agree) with your posts if you weren't so all over the map. Just admit you didn't like the Philippines and unlike MacArthur will not return. But if you are considering returning, that negates all the critical things you say about it. After all only a sociopath would deliberately go back to live in a place he hates.

BTW, going all the way back on topic to Luc Furr's list, he forgot to name what, in my opinion, is the biggest reason I would consider NOT living in the Philippines. The "foreigner" mongers and sexpats you have to run into.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:47 am

davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
OutWest wrote:Im saying for the majority of men they will not be happy with the philippines on many accounts BUT it beats the alternative which is being ALONE or with a nagging old fat western woman or the antisocial behaviour. Even bstyle slammed asia but the first thing he did when going back to america was move in with a fat terrible sex milf who had a screaming kid. Even i wouldn't have done that in america. He says he hates p4p in asia but id rather do p4p than be miserable in USA.


As for community, villages, barangays and extended family. I live in a hotel what the hell do i need to worry about all that for? If i moved there permanently I would move to a rented condo or apartment. No farm, no village, no squatters and certainly no in laws.

Yes only the rich or feminist or arte women have helpers. Ive had bargirls and scammers that do more work for me than your wife does apparently. Also Id be creeped out having a stranger in my house at any level. thats just bizarre. Your sex life and romance must be terrible if you have a live in helper. Im an american not a filipino they are used to sex in huts.


You admit that you know NOTHING about Philippines society and culture and you are proud of your ignorance and stupidity. Your reputation as a low grade sleezy monger having sex with the dregs of society is richly deserved. You are obviously a sociopath.


I didn't know not wanting to live like shit was the definition of sociopath. In fact you are the ONLY one on this entire board that is willing to live like that so I guess the rest of us are just sociopaths? You are uppity old school delusional expat. I know plenty I just dont want to sit on a farm in the middle of nowhere like you having sex and fighting and discussions with a housekeeper in the next room and having in laws knocking on my door and be away from taxis and malls. Id rather be alone in america than have that as my future retirement. Anyways get back to the philippines. You obviously miss it more and your fake filipino extended family than your own elderly family in america. How sad. I bet they are on the payroll too in some extent.




This debate is ridiculous and Outwest is certainly not the only one on the board who does live in PI or wants to live there.

I don't know if you are a sociopath but you are wildly inconsistent: you complain in hundreds of posts about the country, hate the women you have been involved with but then talk about living there. Why? If you don't like the place, don't live there. It would be easier to respect (though not agree) with your posts if you weren't so all over the map. Just admit you didn't like the Philippines and unlike MacArthur will not return. But if you are considering returning, that negates all the critical things you say about it. After all only a sociopath would deliberately go back to live in a place he hates.

BTW, going all the way back on topic to Luc Furr's list, he forgot to name what, in my opinion, is the biggest reason I would consider NOT living in the Philippines. The "foreigner" mongers and sexpats you have to run into.[/quote]

I've never said I hated the women there or even the country. I think it can get a bit tiring though because of all the people with agendas and the 3rd world status.


Well next time i leave i may explore other countries just for tourism sake not for women but cause of the visa restrictions really only philippines is easy to settle down for months at a time.

As Ive said before filipina women are not the holy grail but they are better than the alternative or alternative lives for most men. Instead of happier abroad it should be least miserable abroad. lol So i hate to admit it but I dont share bstyles extreme pessisimism where you should rot in america alone. Even if you wind up with a low hanger thats better than being alone by far. Personally id rather settle down with a korean or japanese woman even in their country compared to philippines if i could and most here also would do the same but their attitude and choosiness and demands are why we dont.

foreigners are a tiny percent of the population why would they effect you? You should be worried about ladyboys. I hope that was a joke.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby Rock » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:08 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:I didn't know not wanting to live like shit was the definition of sociopath. In fact you are the ONLY one on this entire board that is willing to live like that so I guess the rest of us are just sociopaths? You are uppity old school delusional expat. I know plenty I just dont want to sit on a farm in the middle of nowhere like you having sex and fighting and discussions with a housekeeper in the next room and having in laws knocking on my door and be away from taxis and malls. Id rather be alone in america than have that as my future retirement. Anyways get back to the philippines. You obviously miss it more and your fake filipino extended family than your own elderly family in america. How sad. I bet they are on the payroll too in some extent.


While I think you are way off the mark on many things related to Philippines, I gotta admit, I tend to agree with you on this one. I've spent time in province locations around the Philippines, sometimes in small towns and sometimes out in the sticks. I still haven't figured out how Taco and Outwest can accept that lifestyle over what's available in the first and second tier cities here.

You can't rely on the most basic of things such as power or Internet. You have no privacy and if there's some sort of party, forget about sleeping. Need something from the mall or store? It might be 30 minutes to an hour away? And when you get there, the place you go to might be out of stock, there might be a brownout, or the bank is offline. It's hard enough to live in a small town or farm in the States. But at least that can be doable. In the Philippines, it's much worse than even Thailand. And yes, it's a lot less safe too.

I have some richer local friends in provincial towns in various parts of the country. They have to deal with maids who steal and back stab or bring in their drama, classmates, friends, or relatives getting murdered over stupid ass reasons, and storms which cause multi week brownouts and lack of Internet service. Many of them end up moving to the cities or even going abroad.

City people here are Filipinos too and they also understand the local culture. It's just that they make different lifestyle choices and for very good reason. This is the 21st Century.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:42 am

Rock wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:I didn't know not wanting to live like shit was the definition of sociopath. In fact you are the ONLY one on this entire board that is willing to live like that so I guess the rest of us are just sociopaths? You are uppity old school delusional expat. I know plenty I just dont want to sit on a farm in the middle of nowhere like you having sex and fighting and discussions with a housekeeper in the next room and having in laws knocking on my door and be away from taxis and malls. Id rather be alone in america than have that as my future retirement. Anyways get back to the philippines. You obviously miss it more and your fake filipino extended family than your own elderly family in america. How sad. I bet they are on the payroll too in some extent.


While I think you are way off the mark on many things related to Philippines, I gotta admit, I tend to agree with you on this one. I've spent time in province locations around the Philippines, sometimes in small towns and sometimes out in the sticks. I still haven't figured out how Taco and Outwest can accept that lifestyle over what's available in the first and second tier cities here.

You can't rely on the most basic of things such as power or Internet. You have no privacy and if there's some sort of party, forget about sleeping. Need something from the mall or store? It might be 30 minutes to an hour away? And when you get there, the place you go to might be out of stock, there might be a brownout, or the bank is offline. It's hard enough to live in a small town or farm in the States. But at least that can be doable. In the Philippines, it's much worse than even Thailand. And yes, it's a lot less safe too.

I have some richer local friends in provincial towns in various parts of the country. They have to deal with maids who steal and back stab or bring in their drama, classmates, friends, or relatives getting murdered over stupid a** reasons, and storms which cause multi week brownouts and lack of Internet service. Many of them end up moving to the cities or even going abroad.

City people here are Filipinos too and they also understand the local culture. It's just that they make different lifestyle choices and for very good reason. This is the 21st Century.


Taco did it because he isn't rich so he had to do what he had to do but outwest is one of these arrogant gung ho old style expats who thinks one has to live like a filipino and immerse yourself out in the jungles.
And the whole housekeeper living in the house is bizarre to me also. and living in wood houses on top of that where you can hear everything. and Hes just trying to justify the fact his life sucks in some aspects so he attacks me and calls me a sociopath.



I think one reason why you survive in manila is cause you live in a condo and probably have a modest but decent life compared to the province living gung ho pretending to be filipino approach outwest has.




Anyways I admire the fact you are close to your family despite the distance. Outwest seems to care more for his fake family than his mother. I guess if one has to have the family on payroll they have to justify it by pretending they love them more than their own true blood.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby OutWest » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:52 am

Rock wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:I didn't know not wanting to live like shit was the definition of sociopath. In fact you are the ONLY one on this entire board that is willing to live like that so I guess the rest of us are just sociopaths? You are uppity old school delusional expat. I know plenty I just dont want to sit on a farm in the middle of nowhere like you having sex and fighting and discussions with a housekeeper in the next room and having in laws knocking on my door and be away from taxis and malls. Id rather be alone in america than have that as my future retirement. Anyways get back to the philippines. You obviously miss it more and your fake filipino extended family than your own elderly family in america. How sad. I bet they are on the payroll too in some extent.


While I think you are way off the mark on many things related to Philippines, I gotta admit, I tend to agree with you on this one. I've spent time in province locations around the Philippines, sometimes in small towns and sometimes out in the sticks. I still haven't figured out how Taco and Outwest can accept that lifestyle over what's available in the first and second tier cities here.

You can't rely on the most basic of things such as power or Internet. You have no privacy and if there's some sort of party, forget about sleeping. Need something from the mall or store? It might be 30 minutes to an hour away? And when you get there, the place you go to might be out of stock, there might be a brownout, or the bank is offline. It's hard enough to live in a small town or farm in the States. But at least that can be doable. In the Philippines, it's much worse than even Thailand. And yes, it's a lot less safe too.

I have some richer local friends in provincial towns in various parts of the country. They have to deal with maids who steal and back stab or bring in their drama, classmates, friends, or relatives getting murdered over stupid a** reasons, and storms which cause multi week brownouts and lack of Internet service. Many of them end up moving to the cities or even going abroad.

City people here are Filipinos too and they also understand the local culture. It's just that they make different lifestyle choices and for very good reason. This is the 21st Century.


You are making rather silly assumptions. I live not so far from CDO where in fact we keep a an office with decent net connectivity. How many places can you go in Metro- Manila in 30 minutes? lol
You assume I am living in some kind of hut with chickens and neighbor kids peering in the windows.
In fact, I have far MORE privacy as we have controlled space all around us, and we have peace and quiet for the most part. All of the hassles you list are common in the Philippines city and country.
It seems typical of many families with rural provincial roots to maintain a house in town and still keep their provincial properties. We have thought about buying a condo in Cebu, but I don't know if we would be there enough to make it worth the while, even though we typically enter and leave the Philippines through Cebu, so it might not be a bad choice. Building quality is always so suspect, so I have hesitated in that regard.
I am well aware of all the drama many Filipino families have with their maids. We have very little of that, and for good reason. Like many families living in the Philippines, we have plan B just in case. We have alternatives, but for the time being we are content. At any rate, another person's happiness always seems so annoying to malcontents. I consider Metro Manila to be a shithole, but in fact I know some people are happy there. As they say, there is no accounting for taste...lol
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:54 am

You can't have a condo outwest. Not enough space to stick your housekeeper who will do the work your wife is too arte to do. lol
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby MarcosZeitola » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:17 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Anyways I admire the fact you are close to your family despite the distance. Outwest seems to care more for his fake family than his mother. I guess if one has to have the family on payroll they have to justify it by pretending they love them more than their own true blood.


His fake family? What the f**k, lol. It's like you're not even trying anymore you pathetic lowlife. He has a wife and four children there, nothing fake about that. His Filipino family is as much his "own true blood" as his American family and it seems to me like he's balacing the two just fine. You come across as a very mean-spirited and jealous person with these ridiculous personal insults of yours.

OutWest wrote:At any rate, another person's happiness always seems so annoying to malcontents. I consider Metro Manila to be a shithole, but in fact I know some people are happy there. As they say, there is no accounting for taste...lol


One man's joy is another man's sorrow, I suppose. I love the country life and I love the simplicity of it. I like the people and the environment. I am not such a spoiled bastard craving luxury and like you was able to marry a woman of substance; she studied at University of the Philippines in Manila and comes from a family of professionals. Which is more then I can say for "Newlifeinphilippines" and his constant rambling about "low hanging fruit"... then on another thread I read his gf put him "on house arrest" and he could not leave the house to meet another Happier Abroader. Seems to me like the dude talks big but is a coward at hard, and quite pussy-whipped as well. :roll:

So, let us not forget who the insults are coming from here... from a guy who himself is an insult to our forum.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Postby Luc Furr » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:45 am

Jester,
Mafia Dons (which just means boss as opposed to the land owning Spanish Don, you were referring to, which means lord or gentleman) and the Rothschilds put assets in other people's names by choice not because they are forced to. The assets are placed in names of people they control and usually located in places they have influence. Outwest has no control in the Philippines (he is a foreigner and an outsider who admitted himself that the police are corrupt) and no control (except via money) over his new “sure we’ll take thatâ€￾ Filipino in-laws. With no control he is not a mafia boss nor is he a Don but instead a puppet, thus a jew money boy.
Everyday, people on HA are complaining about the power of women. So what the heck did Outwest do? He empowered is wife. Empowered women create man hating feminists. Feminists in part bring about doom.
Yes, Outwest has a life, a wife and a newborn son. Today, they are all happy. But, we all know that a terrible storm is on the horizon. Sure some will say, don’t worry about tomorrow. But concern about tomorrow is what separates a man from a woman and child. If a helmsman does not care what is ahead of his ship how can he set a proper course?

Marcos,
at first I was going to say you are quite right I should not have been rude but then I got to thinking about it. Be polite, always nice, it is a twisted feminist version of Gaia. It is wrong since it creates an apathy that will be the death of everyone. I think that is what Outwest was talking about, when he pitied guys who did not leave. You and Outwest have broken free from the apathy, created a family to express those emotions with. That is good. Although, I am certain your choice of destination is wrong what else were you supposed to do? The guide is not here. The apathy surrounds him and holds him, its malevolent energy redoubled now that it knows he is finally awake.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:48 pm

Postby hammanta » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:58 pm

You can't have a condo outwest. Not enough space to stick your housekeeper who will do the work your wife is too arte to do. lol


Let me get this straight, you are putting down a man and his wife who provides a job, food, and shelter for a poorer lady as well as a college fund. Completely disregarding the fact that maids are a cultural lifestyle for the middle class in the Philippines. I've never met a middle class family who didn't have at least one.

Yet this is coming from a guy who keeps a live in with no desire to propose marriage, sees other girls on the side, screws bar girls, disregards a girl if she won't have sex with him in the first 3 days of meeting, has admitted to having STDs, ranks women based on solely looks with a number scale ranging to the 1/10000 decimal point, and claims a man can never find a non gold digging girl in a country of 100 million.

Does anyone else see a juxtaposition of moral values here?
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Postby OutWest » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Luc Furr wrote:Jester,
Mafia Dons (which just means boss as opposed to the land owning Spanish Don, you were referring to, which means lord or gentleman) and the Rothschilds put assets in other people's names by choice not because they are forced to. The assets are placed in names of people they control and usually located in places they have influence. Outwest has no control in the Philippines (he is a foreigner and an outsider who admitted himself that the police are corrupt) and no control (except via money) over his new “sure we’ll take thatâ€￾ Filipino in-laws. With no control he is not a mafia boss nor is he a Don but instead a puppet, thus a jew money boy.
Everyday, people on HA are complaining about the power of women. So what the heck did Outwest do? He empowered is wife. Empowered women create man hating feminists. Feminists in part bring about doom.
Yes, Outwest has a life, a wife and a newborn son. Today, they are all happy. But, we all know that a terrible storm is on the horizon. Sure some will say, don’t worry about tomorrow. But concern about tomorrow is what separates a man from a woman and child. If a helmsman does not care what is ahead of his ship how can he set a proper course?


Marcos,
at first I was going to say you are quite right I should not have been rude but then I got to thinking about it. Be polite, always nice, it is a twisted feminist version of Gaia. It is wrong since it creates an apathy that will be the death of everyone. I think that is what Outwest was talking about, when he pitied guys who did not leave. You and Outwest have broken free from the apathy, created a family to express those emotions with. That is good. Although, I am certain your choice of destination is wrong what else were you supposed to do? The guide is not here. The apathy surrounds him and holds him, its malevolent energy redoubled now that it knows he is finally awake.



Perhaps you should inform yourself so you will not look foolish. On the surface, foreigners cannot buy land in the Philippines, though they can acquire it through inheritance. However, there are ways to get around this. For most, a very simple mechanism would be to lease back the land for a 49 year lease from the wife or other person who holds the title. Of course, in the case of Condos, foreigners can own those outright. The other approach is to hire a good lawyer and form a holding corporation that can be structured to give the foreign ownership portion total defacto ownership of the land through the corporation. An additional avenue is available to those such as myself who have a child who is a citizen of the Philippines. Since I had my house and most of the land before I met my wife, you can guess which option I chose.

Now in my case, it even gets better, just for you! lol Like a lot of Filipinos (Or other Asians) who have some money, my father-in-law and his brother want to own a house in California. They have no credit standing in the USA, so they can only use cash. Both of the brothers inherited money this last year, and they want to get a house in California with some of the money. I now hold that money and I will be the one buying the house and I will hold the title until such a time that they can spend more time in the USA. Let me see...I got the daughter and half of the inherited money. Sounds like I took them to the cleaners! LOL

As far as being a Don is concerned, I am not trying to qualify for some Don position. LOL
You are just being silly. My point was that I can have the social status and all the pampering I want,
if I was so inclined, which in fact I am not, as I prefer to keep a lower profile. To take some off-handed comment and make a big federal case out of it, complete with "Jew boy" insults just makes
you look petty. I have no idea what the "technical requirements" are for Don-hood, and really could care less. I do know that I have been introduced as such both in the Philippines and South America by well off locals, so I guess I am a Don if they say so...lol. At least I will ride that one to go to some good social invites! lol It also gets me saluted by the guards when I arrive at a certain politician's house, so don't blow my cover! lol.

Now that you can rest assured that my wife is not even on the title to my home in the Philippines, and that I am NOT single-handedly turning all of Misamis Oriental into a feminist hotbed, you can focus on finding someplace in the world you like and making a life there.
Last edited by OutWest on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby davewe » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:44 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:foreigners are a tiny percent of the population why would they effect you? You should be worried about ladyboys. I hope that was a joke.


Not a joke at all. I won't go so far as some guys who say that foreigners have ruined the place but I have no interest in hearing from sexpats or for that matter old (or not so old), nasty expats who will go on and on about how terrible the place is, how awful all Filipinas are, etc. I'm too old and cranky to waste my time on such people.

And then there is just the question of what kind of life do I want to have in the Philippines. A UK friend of mine lives in my wife's hometown. He originally moved into a section of the town mostly populated by German expats. There was nothing wrong with the Germans; most live nice lives there. But he eventually got a house surrounded by Filipinos. He told me, "if I'd wanted to hang out with a bunch of Germans I would have moved to Germany."

So yes, if and when we move to the Philippines we won't be living in a condo building or gated community filled with expats. And I will be VERY careful making friends with expats.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest