Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Taco wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:ultimately this boyfriend girlfriend thing is a business to many of these girls. Sure they will do a few things and give you sex to pretend they love but i guarantee you if another sap comes along that is a better deal or you dump them and they go back to the dating site they will be banging him and moving in just as fast and you will be all forgotten. Im lonely here in America, BUT at least i get the satisfaction of keeping my money and focusing strictly on my work which means its just that much faster to retirement.


Its a mistake to believe all Filipina/foreigner relationships are scams. However, I would say at least 70% of the relationships are scams to some degree. Many expats are aware their being scammed but still stay with the woman because she's not as bad as AW.

My wife worries about me constantly, doesn't lie to me, works hard to make me happy and wants sex more than I do. That's how I know she's a keeper.


and thats the problem its a scam to a "degree". For example my current gf was not a blatant scammer or even a semi-pro however it was on the lower end of low hanging mutually beneficial type relationship where deep down some may have classified it as a scam or at least not genuine love or whatever. I snuck into her dating site when i went home and she was offering to meet or go with any guy that messaged her basically move in LOL i dont think she found a guy to do that and she still messages me but denies she has any guys. But the point is some of these girls will move in or screw any guy that throws the bait whether hes black korean old young or a douchebag or even if they have talked on skype yet. SOme are just that desperate. Even with my bargirl she put on teh act and it wasn't a total scam cause i got what i wanted and was treated well but it was a scam. The scams are basically acting and its hard to say which ones are obvious scams or more of a grey area.
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm







Postby jtest28 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:10 pm

I purposely left valuables at my girlfriends house when I was in the Philippines and no one in her family did shit to them. But then again, they are probably middle class, given her dad earns the equivalent of $1600/mn when the minimum wage there is like $200/mn. I just new they weren't dumb enough to mess this deal up for their daughter, as shes been crazy as hell for me since the 1st chat last year. But I just had to prove it to myself. So I especially don't blame the opening thread for being pissed. To me, it seems I would be more angry that anyone could be so dumb, more than I would about the lost money.
jtest28
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:49 pm

Postby Taco » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:11 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Taco wrote:
Ghost wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
I didn't lose that $1000 to a scam. It was a robbery by my gf's brother. Her f***ing brother. I expect taxi drivers to be assholes, expecting 1000 php to take me 5 kilometers. But if you can't trust your gf's family? That is extreme degeneracy. Just like Ladislav said. I've told you how psychopathic and stupid my ex-gf's brother's actions were and you are still making excuses because he is a little brown asshole. f**k off.


You won't be able to trust your girlfriends family, that's true. You should have stayed in a hotel to avoid them. If you live in the Philippines with your Filipina its recommended you move to another city far from your wives family because they will cause lots of problems for you.

I had problems with my wife's brother too. When he's not drunk, high on shaboo(meth) or gambling he enjoys lying, cheating and stealing in his spare time. I noticed we didn't make much money the days he worked in my wife's Sari Sari store so we stopped asking him for help. Then one day he decided it would be a good idea to charge me for 6 months back rent because he was a part owner of the house we were living in at the time, there was no rental contract. That's when I lost it.

Important safety tip, its not a good idea to start yelling or accuse Filipinos of cheating you because they will kill you if they get offended. I've seen it happen. Just walk away smiling if you can. Your in the Philippines which means you have to deal with your problems the Filipino way.

Just remember, everyone gets ripped off in the Philippines at some point. You try to keep it to a minimum but you know its going to happen. The bitch at Philippine airlines tried to charge me $200 to change my flight when it only cost $.25. A few months later that Philippines airline office closed down for some strange reason.



They always charge me 200 dollars to change my philippine airlines flight date. Thats the standard fee PLUS whatever the ticket price difference is. One time i got charge almost 600 dollars to change the return date abd add a 3 month extension. Only 300 bucks less than if i had bought a brand new one way ticket home LOL


Your getting scammed, their lying to you. The cost to get the flight changed is only 10 pesos. Air Canada only charges $50 to change a flight. You can get a return flight from Cebu to HK for less than $200. $200 is a months salary for the sales people at Philippine airlines.

The bitch at Philippine airlines told me Air Canada charges $200 to change my flight. I knew she was lying because Air Canada only charges $50 because I had it done before in China. I went to get the money to change my flight and when I came back a different cashier helped me and only charged me 10 pesos! I was really mad but they had armed security guards at the office so I just walked away without saying anything.
Last edited by Taco on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4240
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Taco wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Taco wrote:
Ghost wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
I didn't lose that $1000 to a scam. It was a robbery by my gf's brother. Her f***ing brother. I expect taxi drivers to be assholes, expecting 1000 php to take me 5 kilometers. But if you can't trust your gf's family? That is extreme degeneracy. Just like Ladislav said. I've told you how psychopathic and stupid my ex-gf's brother's actions were and you are still making excuses because he is a little brown asshole. f**k off.


You won't be able to trust your girlfriends family, that's true. You should have stayed in a hotel to avoid them. If you live in the Philippines with your Filipina its recommended you move to another city far from your wives family because they will cause lots of problems for you.

I had problems with my wife's brother too. When he's not drunk, high on shaboo(meth) or gambling he enjoys lying, cheating and stealing in his spare time. I noticed we didn't make much money the days he worked in my wife's Sari Sari store so we stopped asking him for help. Then one day he decided it would be a good idea to charge me for 6 months back rent because he was a part owner of the house we were living in at the time, there was no rental contract. That's when I lost it.

Important safety tip, its not a good idea to start yelling or accuse Filipinos of cheating you because they will kill you if they get offended. I've seen it happen. Just walk away smiling if you can. Your in the Philippines which means you have to deal with your problems the Filipino way.

Just remember, everyone gets ripped off in the Philippines at some point. You try to keep it to a minimum but you know its going to happen. The bitch at Philippine airlines tried to charge me $200 to change my flight when it only cost $.25. A few months later that Philippines airline office closed down for some strange reason.



They always charge me 200 dollars to change my philippine airlines flight date. Thats the standard fee PLUS whatever the ticket price difference is. One time i got charge almost 600 dollars to change the return date abd add a 3 month extension. Only 300 bucks less than if i had bought a brand new one way ticket home LOL


Your getting scammed, their lying to you. The cost to get the flight changed is only 10 pesos. Air Canada only charges $50 to change a flight. You can get a flight from Cebu to HK for less than $200. $200 is a months salary for the sales people at Philippine airlines.


Its over the phone they do it and the los angeles office processes it. If you look at the website i think thats even stated the official charge but youd have to doublecheck.


Anyways Screw traveling. Its gonna take me years to retire even if i can with my risky income. Id rather be alone and drama free with my cash then destitute on the street cause i gave it away or spent to stay in philippines and keep up with some ungrateful filipina low hanger. No one even follows there advice here everyone is in america making money or bringing their wives back. Im starting to respect the MGTOW crew more they realize women are the same everywhere and dont try to run to foreign coutnries and pretend they are high and mighty over others who failed cause they found their virgin wife.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby Ghost » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:09 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby davewe » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Ghost wrote:
Again, I'm waiting for anyone to give me any reasonable argument for why I should not pump n' dump in the Phils and go to a civilized place (like China) for a serious relationship.


Since you already defined that you don't like the place and think they are all scammers and will only return to pump and dump - well, you gotta consider the possibility that no one cares. You're an adult - do what you want. Never been to China but I've heard some good things. If you believe you can get your virgin there - go for it.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby Taco » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:49 am

Ghost wrote:
Taco wrote:
Ghost wrote:I didn't lose that $1000 to a scam. It was a robbery by my gf's brother. Her f***ing brother. I expect taxi drivers to be assholes, expecting 1000 php to take me 5 kilometers. But if you can't trust your gf's family? That is extreme degeneracy. Just like Ladislav said. I've told you how psychopathic and stupid my ex-gf's brother's actions were and you are still making excuses because he is a little brown asshole. f**k off.


You won't be able to trust your girlfriends family, that's true. You should have stayed in a hotel to avoid them. If you live in the Philippines with your Filipina its recommended you move to another city far from your wives family because they will cause lots of problems for you.

I had problems with my wife's brother too. When he's not drunk, high on shaboo(meth) or gambling he enjoys lying, cheating and stealing in his spare time. I noticed we didn't make much money the days he worked in my wife's Sari Sari store so we stopped asking him for help. Then one day he decided it would be a good idea to charge me for 6 months back rent because he was a part owner of the house we were living in at the time, there was no rental contract. That's when I lost it.

Important safety tip, its not a good idea to start yelling or accuse Filipinos of cheating you because they will kill you if they get offended. I've seen it happen. Just walk away smiling if you can. Your in the Philippines which means you have to deal with your problems the Filipino way.

Just remember, everyone gets ripped off in the Philippines at some point. You try to keep it to a minimum but you know its going to happen. The bitch at Philippine airlines tried to charge me $200 to change my flight when it only cost $.25. A few months later that Philippines airline office closed down for some strange reason.


Ah, so more truth emerges. Perhaps this played a role in you moving out of the Phils? And you are spot on when you say, "everyone gets ripped off in the Philippines at some point." Bingo - that's all we need to know. Scamming and thieving are not only things to be cautious of anywhere - they are particularly egregious in the Phils. I lived in China for a year. No one even tried to rip me off, anywhere. No one tried to rip me off in Singapore or Malaysia. Hell, even in Thailand, taxi drivers would use the meter no problem.

Scamming and robbery is not a "glitch" in the Philippines - IT IS A FEATURE!

Again, I'm waiting for anyone to give me any reasonable argument for why I should not pump n' dump in the Phils and go to a civilized place (like China) for a serious relationship. Come on, people, time to put up or shut up. What does the Philippines have that there is not better quality of in another country?

I'm starting to think guys who go to the PI for relationships/marriages are just too lazy. We all know the women are the easiest because they are sluts at heart...


The biggest problem I had in PI is the hot weather. Being cheated is not a huge problem if you know how to avoid it. My wallet fell out of shorts while I was on a jeepney one day and the Filipina next to me told me, which was very honest of her.

Incidentally, the Chinese did rip you off you just didn't know it. They increase the rent and utilities by 3 times for foreigners. One of the many unadvertised "specials" they offer.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4240
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby droid » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:00 am

Taco wrote:Your getting scammed, their lying to you. The cost to get the flight changed is only 10 pesos. Air Canada only charges $50 to change a flight. You can get a return flight from Cebu to HK for less than $200. $200 is a months salary for the sales people at Philippine airlines.
The bitch at Philippine airlines told me Air Canada charges $200 to change my flight. I knew she was lying because Air Canada only charges $50 because I had it done before in China. I went to get the money to change my
flight and when I came back a different cashier helped me and only charged me 10 pesos! I was really mad but they had armed security guards at the office so I just walked away without saying anything.
Great tips
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Postby Banano » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:36 am

Once filipina starts going foreign she ain't going back to date some poor filipino who cant afford to buy her a dinner


You do realize that when 50 yo fat white man goes for 20 yo filipina that he basically screwed over some young local filipino guy who couldnt compete with foreigners money?

By the way there is no more females than males in Philippines; ratio is 1.05 male(s)/female at birth
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:16 am

Ghost wrote:Just like Ladislav said. I've told you how psychopathic and stupid my ex-gf's brother's actions were and you are still making excuses because he is a little brown asshole. f**k off.


I don't defend him personally. He's an asshole and a stupid one too as he could have gotten a lot more money out of you if he at least had the common decency to not steal from his sister's boyfriend. If something like that happened to me I would be just as mad as you at them. At the whole family. Did your girlfriend defend him? Or did she get mad at him too? Main point: one family does not equal or represent the entire Filipino people. One brother-in-law being an immoral thief does not make them all immoral thiefs. I get the train of thought, one based in emotion, but it's simply not true.

What I was talking about was the corruption itself. The corruption I understand, I said. At no point in my reply did I defend outright theft. All I did was say it's a poor country and a huge one, and naturally a portion of the country is going to be untrustworthy. But my friend, a similar portion of Americans is just as untrustworthy. Whether it be a drugstore clerk or any given senator. :roll:

Politicians screw your over. So do assholes. It's what they do. You got some bad luck and it sucks, but it doesn't mean you can simply dismiss an entire nation's population of 100 million souls because of it. If that's what you are doing, my friend, you should probably re-evaluate your plans to return. There's a whole world out there besides the Philippines.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Postby Bobby » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 am

Marcos just said that "a similar portion of Americans is just as untrustworthy" in comparison with the Philippines.

Is that right? I haven't been to the US but that sounds pretty scary. There's a lot of Americans on this board, many of whom have been to the Philippines. What's the deal? Are you more likely to get scammed in the US or the Philippines?
Bobby
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:51 am

Bobby wrote:Marcos just said that "a similar portion of Americans is just as untrustworthy" in comparison with the Philippines. Is that right? I haven't been to the US but that sounds pretty scary. There's a lot of Americans on this board, many of whom have been to the Philippines. What's the deal? Are you more likely to get scammed in the US or the Philippines?


I think they are more sophisticated about it in America then they are in the Philippines. But a scam's a scam, ultimately. If you look at the percentage of Americans imprisoned right now, at the crime rates, at the reports of theft... it may depend very much on which area you live in but I'd say that as a whole, American people aren't some beacon of trustworthiness and kindness compared to the Filipino's. You have people here who flee America because they hate it there and don't fit it, only to realize assholes know no borders and there's just as many of them in the Philippines as in America... or any given country.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:03 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Ghost wrote:Just like Ladislav said. I've told you how psychopathic and stupid my ex-gf's brother's actions were and you are still making excuses because he is a little brown asshole. f**k off.


I don't defend him personally. He's an asshole and a stupid one too as he could have gotten a lot more money out of you if he at least had the common decency to not steal from his sister's boyfriend. If something like that happened to me I would be just as mad as you at them. At the whole family. Did your girlfriend defend him? Or did she get mad at him too? Main point: one family does not equal or represent the entire Filipino people. One brother-in-law being an immoral thief does not make them all immoral thiefs. I get the train of thought, one based in emotion, but it's simply not true.

What I was talking about was the corruption itself. The corruption I understand, I said. At no point in my reply did I defend outright theft. All I did was say it's a poor country and a huge one, and naturally a portion of the country is going to be untrustworthy. But my friend, a similar portion of Americans is just as untrustworthy. Whether it be a drugstore clerk or any given senator. :roll:

Politicians screw your over. So do assholes. It's what they do. You got some bad luck and it sucks, but it doesn't mean you can simply dismiss an entire nation's population of 100 million souls because of it. If that's what you are doing, my friend, you should probably re-evaluate your plans to return. There's a whole world out there besides the Philippines.


so your suggestion the brother would have leeched off him one way or the other? In other words Ghost would have been the beta male for for his family eventually regardless. LOL
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:11 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:so your suggestion the brother would have leeched off him one way or the other? In other words Ghost would have been the beta male for for his family eventually regardless. LOL


I'm saying it was EXTRA stupid of the brother to, as Ghost himself put it: "slay the chicken that lay the golden eggs". The brother could have asked for money for his son's treatment and chances are Ghost would have given it, helped him out. So yes, he's definitely stupid. Also I don't believe in Alpha, Beta & Omega: I believe in smart men and stupid men, and everything in between.

Anyway... he had a negative experience in the Philippines and as a result, now thinks badly of all Filipino's it seems. This is a shame IMO, a few untrustworthy assholes ruining their countries reputation.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:07 am

.
Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest