Lying and scamming in the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Ghost wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Ghost wrote:The human species is a basket-case. Civilization is finished. It has given in to everything evil that it can. All the world has been taken by wicked forces. That there remain a few good people - even ones worth searching for - is irrelevant. Once good cultures cease, they are forever ruined. This is our end of days. All that is good dies. All that is evil draws from its infinite wellspring. If humanity had any sense it would have made good cultures proliferate. But it chose destruction and ruin. Not my doing, but I won't sit by and play the good guy anymore.

They deceived me. They convinced me to trust and then betrayed that trust. Theirs will be the ninth Circle of Hell. That is the ultimate sin. I looked for a good girl and found that anyone can put on an act. And, as they do, in turn, so will I. I will be a little bit of karma come to that cesspool.
It's one experience, maybe two. Three? If only 1% of Filipino young women were worth marrying, that would still tens of be thousands of eligible women. Are you going to stay at home, revelling in the poison of your bad memories, or give that massive cohort a chance to prove you wrong?
Don't be absurd. Of course I'm not going to stay home. I will return there and plow through as many fertile young hot pussies as possible. :twisted:

Well you did give it a good go. Unfortunately, you were not prepared to deal with the Philippines.
First of all, the Philippines is a corrupt and failing culture. Corruption indexes all justly place the Philippines as one of the more corrupt countries. Intel left the Philippines. Lots of reasons were given.
That was PR. The reason I heard off the record from regional management was simple. Overwhelming
corruption at every turn made it impossible for Intel to function in the way they need to function to succeed.

The government is shot through with graft and corruption at every level, from barangays to the Malacañang. Theft is not quite elevated to the national fine art as in Mexico, but it is close.
It is not easy for an honest person to function in the Philippines.

Individually, I would say this systemic corruption reaches into the majority of families.
>>>The moral shell is taught, but not the practice. Make a note on this point.

Anyone who tells you that it is easy for a foreigner to function in the Philippines, or easy to find a good girl there is simply misleading you. With many years there, I can be a witness to that being a fact. If you are looking for a GF or wife, the Philippines is NOT for beginners.

Against that backdrop, what is one to think of those girls who come from good families, whose parents raised them with good values. Girls who will not rip you off, but will add joy to your life.
They do exist, but a novice is almost certainly doomed to NOT finding one.

If you set out to the Philippines for these purposes without finding an experienced mentor, you are tempting fate. You did set yourself up for disaster. Had you been following "Outwest's Guide to Success with Filipinas", you would have bailed on the girl in question very early. The signs were there.

The bitterest thing is to be disappointed in your own judgement. I have been there and done that, my friend. It is very hard to swallow.

The majority of men going to the Philippines simply swim in the corruption themselves. They participate in it. It does not have to be that way.

There are ways to succeed in the Philippines. The rewards can be outstanding. There are some good traditions and some personality traits that can really shine in the right circumstances.

American men usually go to the Philippines with an unrealized arrogance shot through with illusions.
Really men, it IS another totally different country, and a troubled one at that. Do you really think that there can be some paradise with easy and lovely women (Most can't see the inconsistency there lol)
that are eager to meet foreign men, in a place that is cheap for the most part, but has solid cultural traditions to make it function smoothly and without corruption plaguing it?

What in the hell makes it a third world country dudes? Get a grip!

I am not picking on YOU really. You are legion. Unless men can get past the landmines, either by shear dumb luck, or through acquired insight from others, they are very very likely to crash and burn.
Some don't give up. They pick themselves up and find the lessons to be learned. I know of several like that.

You have a despair that needs healing. As you acknowledge, it is not just about the Philippines.
Don't give up. There are solutions and there are roads past the swamp.

If wisdom is easily or cheaply acquired, why do so very very few men have it?

Redemption is possible, and love exists. Even in the Philippines, there are girls who know what it means to love a man and to stand by him come hell or high water.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

OutWest wrote:
Ghost wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Ghost wrote:The human species is a basket-case. Civilization is finished. It has given in to everything evil that it can. All the world has been taken by wicked forces. That there remain a few good people - even ones worth searching for - is irrelevant. Once good cultures cease, they are forever ruined. This is our end of days. All that is good dies. All that is evil draws from its infinite wellspring. If humanity had any sense it would have made good cultures proliferate. But it chose destruction and ruin. Not my doing, but I won't sit by and play the good guy anymore.

They deceived me. They convinced me to trust and then betrayed that trust. Theirs will be the ninth Circle of Hell. That is the ultimate sin. I looked for a good girl and found that anyone can put on an act. And, as they do, in turn, so will I. I will be a little bit of karma come to that cesspool.
It's one experience, maybe two. Three? If only 1% of Filipino young women were worth marrying, that would still tens of be thousands of eligible women. Are you going to stay at home, revelling in the poison of your bad memories, or give that massive cohort a chance to prove you wrong?
Don't be absurd. Of course I'm not going to stay home. I will return there and plow through as many fertile young hot pussies as possible. :twisted:

Well you did give it a good go. Unfortunately, you were not prepared to deal with the Philippines.
First of all, the Philippines is a corrupt and failing culture. Corruption indexes all justly place the Philippines as one of the more corrupt countries. Intel left the Philippines. Lots of reasons were given.
That was PR. The reason I heard off the record from regional management was simple. Overwhelming
corruption at every turn made it impossible for Intel to function in the way they need to function to succeed.

The government is shot through with graft and corruption at every level, from barangays to the Malacañang. Theft is not quite elevated to the national fine art as in Mexico, but it is close.
It is not easy for an honest person to function in the Philippines.

Individually, I would say this systemic corruption reaches into the majority of families.
>>>The moral shell is taught, but not the practice. Make a note on this point.

Anyone who tells you that it is easy for a foreigner to function in the Philippines, or easy to find a good girl there is simply misleading you. With many years there, I can be a witness to that being a fact. If you are looking for a GF or wife, the Philippines is NOT for beginners.

Against that backdrop, what is one to think of those girls who come from good families, whose parents raised them with good values. Girls who will not rip you off, but will add joy to your life.
They do exist, but a novice is almost certainly doomed to NOT finding one.

If you set out to the Philippines for these purposes without finding an experienced mentor, you are tempting fate. You did set yourself up for disaster. Had you been following "Outwest's Guide to Success with Filipinas", you would have bailed on the girl in question very early. The signs were there.

The bitterest thing is to be disappointed in your own judgement. I have been there and done that, my friend. It is very hard to swallow.

The majority of men going to the Philippines simply swim in the corruption themselves. They participate in it. It does not have to be that way.

There are ways to succeed in the Philippines. The rewards can be outstanding. There are some good traditions and some personality traits that can really shine in the right circumstances.

American men usually go to the Philippines with an unrealized arrogance shot through with illusions.
Really men, it IS another totally different country, and a troubled one at that. Do you really think that there can be some paradise with easy and lovely women (Most can't see the inconsistency there lol)
that are eager to meet foreign men, in a place that is cheap for the most part, but has solid cultural traditions to make it function smoothly and without corruption plaguing it?

What in the hell makes it a third world country dudes? Get a grip!

I am not picking on YOU really. You are legion. Unless men can get past the landmines, either by shear dumb luck, or through acquired insight from others, they are very very likely to crash and burn.
Some don't give up. They pick themselves up and find the lessons to be learned. I know of several like that.

You have a despair that needs healing. As you acknowledge, it is not just about the Philippines.
Don't give up. There are solutions and there are roads past the swamp.

If wisdom is easily or cheaply acquired, why do so very very few men have it?

Redemption is possible, and love exists. Even in the Philippines, there are girls who know what it means to love a man and to stand by him come hell or high water.
so what is a better country for a beginner or a guy not emotionally ready? You said latin america but i think thats worse.

oh and its not that hard to FIND a girl that is quality. I met a virgin girl like that on my 2nd trip when i was with my bargirl in church. i didn't care for her personality but she was the traditional naive virginal type not caring about money or in a hurry for a relationship. I seen other girls like that in churches on my last visit. but the thiing is you have to court them slowly and you have to approach them and get to know them and the average foreigner including me is not gonna want to do that unless they are there for a long time and ready to settle for a wife. lets be honest most guys subconciously aren't ready because of so many options or cause they live halfway around the world and dont want to deal with complications of a international relatinship.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 31st, 2016, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:

oh and its not that hard to FIND a girl that is quality. I met a virgin girl like that on my 2nd trip when i was with my bargirl in church. i didn't care for her personality but she was the traditional naive virginal type not caring about money or in a hurry for a relationship. I seen other girls like that in churches on my last visit. but the thiing is you have to court them slowly and you have to approach them and get to know them and the average foreigner including me is not gonna want to do that unless they are there for a long time and ready to settle for a wife. lets be honest most guys subconciously aren't ready because of so many options or cause they live halfway around the world and dont want to deal with complications of a international relatinship.
I don't think that Outwest meant that it is literally hard to meet a good girl. There are good girls everywhere. The question is can we recognize the good ones? Can or will we take the time and make the effort necessary to not only make sure she is good but win her heart, as well. Will we get to know her family. As you've said yourself, you don't want to take the time to court and you have no interest in marriage. That automatically will eliminate most good girls and leave you with the ones that will end up blowing up in your face - and not in a good way.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:

I don't think that Outwest meant that it is literally hard to meet a good girl. There are good girls everywhere. The question is can we recognize the good ones? Can or will we take the time and make the effort necessary to not only make sure she is good but win her heart, as well. Will we get to know her family. As you've said yourself, you don't want to take the time to court and you have no interest in marriage. That automatically will eliminate most good girls and leave you with the ones that will end up blowing up in your face - and not in a good way.

Par for the course...most do not want to prepare themselves for what they will need to be and do within the Philippines. I used the term unrealized arrogance, and it's like "what? who? Me?"
and I cannot even communicate the meaning of that term.

Unrealized arrogance is a mindset that assumes your point of view will prevail in experience around the world. It does not make any difference how "humble" you think you are.

Most men are not prepared to WIN in the Philippines, and they particularly do not want to hear the truth from those who succeed there. It is sad to see a well intended man get reamed there.
They simply do not know what they need to win and most are unlikely to seek out good advice from those who know.

What...ripoffs and scams abound in a third world country? Who woulda thunk it?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 31st, 2016, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Ghost wrote:
OutWest wrote: Par for the course...most do not want to prepare themselves for what they will need to be and do within the Philippines. I used the term unrealized arrogance, and it's like "what? who? Me?"
and I cannot even communicate the meaning of that term.

Unrealized arrogance is a mindset that assumes your point of view will prevail in experience around the world. It does not make any difference how "humble" you think you are.

Most men are not prepared to WIN in the Philippines, and they particularly do not want to hear the truth from those who succeed there. It is sad to see a well intended man get reamed there.
They simply do not know what they need to win and most are unlikely to seek out good advice from those who know.

What...ripoffs and scams abound in a third world country? Who woulda thunk it?
Ah, but see...I was prepared for scams and rip-offs. Or at least I knew about those things. I occasionally went with an over-priced taxi if I needed to be somewhere fast. I didn't get ripped off all the time because I was looking out. It's just that flips TRY to rip foreigners off all the time. And, no, I don't think I could ever adapt to having to resist it every day for the rest of my life. Having to live in a fully untrustworthy society...I could in no way ever call that "winning." It is inherent loss. And now that I have seen the reality of a fully third-world, corrupt, no-trust society, it fills me with even more despair about the fall of the West.

It isn't feminism taking over the world that we have to worry about...it's the transformation of the planet into a third-world ghetto from which it never emerges.

The Philippines will never "develop" because it can't. Civilizations developing and prospering requires trust and morals. The Philippines has none.

I guarded against flips ripping me off and I was careful. I knew I had to. And then what happens? I get betrayed by my ex-gf and her brother.

It ultimately isn't about the money. I was robbed, it happens. I except it of third-world strangers. But when you can't trust your girlfriend's direct family? That is a level of evil so hopeless that it deserves immediate destruction.

Dante Alighieri's Inferno made sure all sinners were punished. And who got the worst punishments in the Ninth Circle of Hell? Betrayers.

Our forebears knew this truth. They were trying to warn future generations of the wages of evil. Betrayal is indeed the worst of evil.

We're lost. There is no "winning" in such a world.
Well I do not agree that all is lost in the Philippines...just 90% lost. At the same time, many men have success there, myself included. Hard to argue with success as they say.

That said, the impending forces of darkness and apocalypse are very real and I agree with much of your view about the state the world is in. Yet there are pearls in some pretty swampy lagoons.

I see these dark forces world wide, and while he is not the first, the current US president is the most vile wicked man to ever sit in the White House, and that is really hard to accomplish.

Yet, there are rays of light. As a man of Spirit recently told me..."In the face of darkness and evil, the Lion of Winter has awakened...I have seen his footprints in the snow."