Yes, the camera does lie!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Yes, the camera does lie!

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Here's a perfect example of the camera tricks that many girls use on their online dating profiles and facebook too. This is not only a problem in the Philippines, it happens everywhere, but I'll use this Filipina on Filipino Cupid as my example, because it seems especially bad here. Almost every camera or camera phone has some sort of facelift or makeup mode that gives everyone smooth, flawless, and even toned skin. Filipinas love that since most of them have bad skin, so they usually take a small picture using makeup mode and use that as their profile picture. Then when you meet them in person, you see the real girl, and realize you've been tricked.

This girl has done something different, and that's another reason I'm using her. She has put 3 small pictures, #1 and #2 that look OK, #3 in the purple shirt that looks pretty cute, and then the last 2 large ones, #4 and #5 that look...different, to be polite.

She is a perfect example of how camera trickery and picture size can make someone look totally different. That's why I'm using her. I have never met her and don't want to.

The small middle picture in the purple shirt, #3 from the left side is really quite cute, but it's a lie by the camera when you see picture #4.

http://www.filipinocupid.com/en/profile ... htotal=788

I'll be posting other examples when I find them. If anyone else has other examples, please reply to my post here so others can see what I'm talking about!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 26th, 2020, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

If #1 is her profile pic, I wouldn't even bother talking to her. But had #3 been her profile pic and no other pics, I would've been screwed.

I have stopped talking to some girls once I saw more pictures of them. Girls with only a few pictures are big red flags, and much be Skyped before meeting!
Banano
Veteran Poster

Re: Yes, the camera does lie!

Post by Banano »

Just had a quick browse through filipino cupid, is it just me or they all seem to be on uglier side of beauty scale

My search criteria is girls 18-24, CDO and Cebu

How can that be?

Lets be honest here, it seems like 1 out of 10 is just OKAY and it must be frustrating for a guy to find true 7 and if you do manage to find her she will have too many options = shit attitude and personality

Check out Colombian and Russian dating sites and you will know what I am talking about