Let's face the facts. America is one of the best countries.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 24th, 2020, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Let me say, USA is not a bad place compared to many really poor countries in this world, however among the developed nations, USA is nothing special, it is only one of them.

To compare a country like Philippines with USA is misleading, it is better to compare USA with countries offering a similar living standard or above.

To be financially better off does not necessarily mean, you are happy. Especially comments about Latin America in the article, link below, indicate a much better communication among citizens.

One comment about Panama for example:
People are different ... have you been to a Latino's party or wedding? I experienced the true happiness at the lowest cost with many of those parties.
If there is an invitation from a Latino co-worker, go for it, you will see why .....

https://homes.yahoo.com/blogs/spaces/pa ... 47125.html

The top 10 nations in the world for 'well-being'
from the article:

The United States is not among the top 10 countries. Only 33 percent of its population is thriving in at least three elements of well-being, a showing that Gallup and Healthways deems "good but not great."
Interesting follow-up comments:
that's what El Salvador is like,,you may be poor,, but you happily make the best of it,,the people were so nice,,always an excuse for a great party. There is just something you can't compare with here in the USA, don't really know how to explain it, and I don't think many people here could understand it (or want to).
Colonia´s a pleasant city, and Uruguay is a pleasant country. Peaceful, inexpensive, advanced, legalized marijuana, interesting old architecture, temperate climate.
Finally Americans are starting to realize that they are not the best in everything.
Reading the comments I bet not even one person has ever been to Sweden. As usual Americans always have opinions on things they don't know anything about. Go Sweden!!!!
I am the only American in my family of uncles, cousins and parents. During the 60's I was the envy of the family. Now they laugh! Everything is in reverse.Now for the typical family its take two wage earners to pay the bills. They did not deregulate the banks and industry is flourishing! My relatives have never heard of foreclosure, everyone is employed and health care cost is both excellent and low cost. Occasionally when I go back to Vancouver and Victoria to see my family they feel sorry for us!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Let's face the facts. America is one of the best countri

Post by Yohan »

tamdrin12 wrote:Yes.
I have been abroad for 2.5 years... What I have concluded is that overall... America is definitely one of the best countries to live in in the world. As much as some people who are stuck there and are hating it might not want to admit. Wait till you live in Asia for a few years and realize all the drawbacks of less developed countries.
In which foreign countries did you live?

Not all countries in Asia are underdeveloped, I am living in Japan und honestly I prefer it to USA, at least what I have seen so far about USA along the Weast Coast. Although I have no intention to go back to Europe, to my own country, I still would prefer Austria (EU) to USA.

It depends on many circumstances and it's of course also about your own person - as a fact, relocation is not always easy, especially not from high developed countries to 3rd world countries. - For sure, it is sometimes better to continue to work and save in your native country and to move out later on to cheaper countries after retirement.

In Asia, as a Western foreigner, to earn money is not so easy. Many Asian countries welcome Western foreigners as tourists or for retirement, but are highly restrictive in offering jobs to them. Often there is not even a possibility existing for a good longterm employment - except if you have an expat contract from a good overseas company and/or can show up with a very high education level.

There are many Western foreigners in Asia running out of money and have to return from where they came from. Life might be cheap for locals in poor countries, but it is not so cheap for foreigners, who have different needs.
Franco
Freshman Poster

Post by Franco »

Ghost wrote:
MrMan wrote:One expat I met in Korea who'd spent time in Thailand didn't want to live in the US because it was 'too easy.'

It is nice to be in the US and to be able to drive to a Walmart that has a little of everything in it, instead of going through some outdoor market place looking for the bolt shop, then the wood shop, then the tool shop. Walmart has air conditioning and it's easy to find stuff.

It's good to go out into the country and have running water electricity, and flush toilets where you don't have to squat. It is also good to be in a country that has drive-thru's and restaurants at interstates. Well, at least in the south. Some of those states in the north were designed a long time ago and aren't laid out as well.
True, America is #1 in terms of convenience and comfort. Just about everything else is poor.
USA has more diversity of pusssy flavors. From NYC to Chicago to L.A. offers all kinds of women from all over the world. Use American dollars as bankroll to finance your trips and living expenses overseas. America is a place to make tons of money.

Come to Cebu. Hot chicks everywhere in Ayala to Mango Square. Ghost may not want to since he's obsessed with Chinese girls. Plus Ghost is wannabe Chinese. Bruce Lee doesn't approve of you bro.
Life is beautiful.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 17th, 2020, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Franco wrote:USA has more diversity of pusssy flavors. From NYC to Chicago to L.A. offers all kinds of women from all over the world.
More like the same undead ghouls in a few different colors.