Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Let's face the facts. America is one of the best countries.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:02 am

Cornfed wrote:
Traveler wrote:I think that's true in a lot of ways. An American with a middle class income can enjoy a better lifestyle

Only about 10% of Americans now have a middle class income, and if you could be paid a similar income in much of the world you could live like a king.

Your stupidity knows no bounds. Please re-read your assertion and correct it or just keep it here as proof of your stupidity.

Idiocracy is finally here! Cornfed is proof!
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby Traveler » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:27 am

tamdrin12 wrote:
I am not talking about liking America for being an overly materialistic country. In fact the other countries want to and are striving to become like that. I am just talking about some of the aspects of it which are good... God forbid anyone says anything good on these boards about America.. This forum is one sided to say the least but look at all the posters coming out now and bitching about the Phillipines and other places which turn out not to be as good as they thought.

Just like Winston describing Angeles City as a dating paradise in his book and then after living there for a while posting about how it's a “total shitholeâ€￾..... And what happened to Winston anyway? Why has he been living in the US for over one year if he was truly happier abroad?
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Postby OutWest » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:31 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Traveler wrote:I think that's true in a lot of ways. An American with a middle class income can enjoy a better lifestyle

Only about 10% of Americans now have a middle class income, and if you could be paid a similar income in much of the world you could live like a king.

Your stupidity knows no bounds. Please re-read your assertion and correct it or just keep it here as proof of your stupidity.

Idiocracy is finally here! Cornfed is proof!

Hmmmm...I am betting that he doubles down and vigorously defends his assertion...sigh...and you will once again have to do a little of God's work and bitch-slap this fool.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:43 am

After living a third-world life 9and not even fully) for nearly two months in the Philippines, I was able to appreciate the level of comfort in America and the general ability not to have to be packed into crowds watching my back all the time.

It is great for that.

But it's a p***y wasteland, and that's unacceptable. So I'll be going back and forth. I don't have to have women all the time, nor do I have to live in comfort %100 of the time. Alternation is the key, along with diversifying your destinations around the world.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby tamdrin12 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:07 am

I agree with your point ghost. Living in a p***y wasteland becomes terribly depressing for healthy heterosexual males. Balance is key... I don't have to have comfort all the time but I need a certain level of comfort (my expectations aren't that high just a clean room.. good water to drink food that won't make you sick etc..)

From what I gather about the Phillipines and a lot of people who venture there.. pretty much the main thing it has going for it is an abundance of p***y. I mean imagine if it was a third world country with bad food and bitchy American-like women.. how many people would really go there? lol

I have realized that having options is everything in life. For example right now I am not interested in a relationship but I feel pretty good just knowing that there are tons of women around who would be interested in me....

It's amazing how unbalanced this world is... In America.. very few women seem interested in me... Anywhere I go in Asia so far it has been easy to get dates or find a girlfriend... It's completely unbalanced..
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Postby nicho12 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:28 am

tamdrin12 wrote:I agree with your point ghost. Living in a p***y wasteland becomes terribly depressing for healthy heterosexual males. Balance is key... I don't have to have comfort all the time but I need a certain level of comfort (my expectations aren't that high just a clean room.. good water to drink food that won't make you sick etc..)

From what I gather about the Phillipines and a lot of people who venture there.. pretty much the main thing it has going for it is an abundance of p***y. I mean imagine if it was a third world country with bad food and bitchy American-like women.. how many people would really go there? lol

I have realized that having options is everything in life. For example right now I am not interested in a relationship but I feel pretty good just knowing that there are tons of women around who would be interested in me....

It's amazing how unbalanced this world is... In America.. very few women seem interested in me... Anywhere I go in Asia so far it has been easy to get dates or find a girlfriend... It's completely unbalanced..

It's impossible to have bitchy-type American women in third world countries because those countries are too poor to support such a lifestyle for women. American women are bitchy because they have everything, now if the economy ever collapses or a civil war breaks out, you will see how nice American women will become all of a sudden.
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Postby MrBlueLight » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 am

Lol, if a civil war breaks out, you will be hearing American women complain about "we shouldn't let men run the country anymore". The men would be fighting, and the women would be blogging and making documentaries about crying babies.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:46 am

OP,
Speak for yourself. You don't speak for others. Learn some humility please.

We've explained many times here that America is good for nature, good for consumer choices, and good for making money. But there are literally HUNDREDS of negatives that make it not worth it.

I've listed HUNDREDS of negatives about America here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/ComparisonTreatise.htm

Did you see it? Those hundreds of points WAY WAY WAY outweigh yours.

If America is the best, why does it have the highest rate of mental illness in the world? Why is the social culture so fake and toxic? Etc. etc.

The biggest negative for me is romantic and sexual deprivation. I cannot ever be happy without being able to date beautiful women. It's my passion. No matter how much money I have, I can't be happy without that. So no, your advice does NOT apply to me.

Look at the big picture here. I made a list of America's pros and cons here. It includes some of what you say.

What America is good for and what it isn't
http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Page1d.htm

Finally, America is one of the most UNFREE countries in the world. Here are 8 good reasons why.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2014/07/r ... -free.html

Did you consider them? Not being allowed to "be yourself" is the biggest loss of freedom in America.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:26 am

Also OP,
My friend right now is living in a nice big house by the beach in the Philippines. Because his wife is bisexual, she helps him find other bi or bi-curious girls and together they all have threesomes, foursomes and even fivesomes. You should see some of the stuff he tells me. They are too hot to post in a public forum.

But one thing for sure, he is MUCH MUCH MUCH happier abroad in ways you could not imagine. And no, he does NOT ever get tired of that lifestyle, because when he has threesomes and foursomes with different girls and his wife, he experiences VARIETY in sexual partners. That variety in new sexual partners keeps it fresh and interesting. He doesn't get tired of it. And he definitely would NOT be happier in the USA, for sure.

So in his case, you are WRONG 1000 percent!

Again, you can only speak for yourself. NOT others.

Comprende?

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:35 am

Traveler wrote:
tamdrin12 wrote:
I am not talking about liking America for being an overly materialistic country. In fact the other countries want to and are striving to become like that. I am just talking about some of the aspects of it which are good... God forbid anyone says anything good on these boards about America.. This forum is one sided to say the least but look at all the posters coming out now and bitching about the Phillipines and other places which turn out not to be as good as they thought.

Just like Winston describing Angeles City as a dating paradise in his book and then after living there for a while posting about how it's a “total shitholeâ€￾..... And what happened to Winston anyway? Why has he been living in the US for over one year if he was truly happier abroad?

I may not like living in the Philippines long term, but I am at least HAPPIER there and have more FREEDOM there than in the US.

I told you, I'm not in the US because I'm happy there. I'm there because the demons in my mind are addicted to UNHAPPINESS and won't let me go! The truth is, I am EXTREMELY UNHAPPY in America!

How many f***ing TRILLIONS of times do I have to explain that to you?!

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Bane » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:02 pm

"….and good for making money."

America is not even good for this anymore.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Bane
Freshman Poster

Postby MrBlueLight » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:35 pm

Wealth is relative. You can make $40k USD a year in America and be scrapping barrels, whereas in some other countries, you can make $20k USD a year and live like a king.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:33 am

MrBlueLight wrote:Wealth is relative. You can make $40k USD a year in America and be scrapping barrels, whereas in some other countries, you can make $20k USD a year and live like a king.

Ah, but you must realize that many of us - especially young men who never got our chances in the West - typically make way, way under $40K a year. I made around $13K average at my last job in the U.S. And that was the only offer I got after months of searching.

I agree about living like a king on $20K a year in Asia though. Even a modest English teacher will still have a nice life. That's why I'll head back to China eventually.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby MrMan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:25 am

One expat I met in Korea who'd spent time in Thailand didn't want to live in the US because it was 'too easy.'

It is nice to be in the US and to be able to drive to a Walmart that has a little of everything in it, instead of going through some outdoor market place looking for the bolt shop, then the wood shop, then the tool shop. Walmart has air conditioning and it's easy to find stuff.

It's good to go out into the country and have running water electricity, and flush toilets where you don't have to squat. It is also good to be in a country that has drive-thru's and restaurants at interstates. Well, at least in the south. Some of those states in the north were designed a long time ago and aren't laid out as well.
MrMan
Experienced Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:55 am

Not for nothing, but it seems that the Asian & Anglo places will have a lot of things in common with America as far as work-orientation & being somewhat closed-off society. There seems to be more common sense & less bullshit with a lot of things over there, though. I was just hearing an article about how, in China, a guy actually died making "deposits" in a sperm bank (actually, I think it was a bunch of them). He had a stroke or a heart attack or something & he died. The family tried to sue the place for it & they didn't get it (or at least as much as they wanted). You know why? They said "He was capable of making his own decisions." Weird story, I know, but you know how this probably would have ended in America? They'd have won their case, painted whoever they wanted to blame as an assailant, and passed some kind of law about how many times someone is allowed to jerk off!
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand