Stickman Bangkok site for sale

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Stickman Bangkok site for sale

Post by Rock »

He claims to have had an offer for $150,000. But he wants a cool 10 million Baht for his baby. Maybe Winston would like to sell his baby (HA) for a cool 10 million NT$ lol.

My guess (and it's pretty much wild guess) is that the Stickman site generates total income of US$40,000 to $60,000 per year. He made some comments to the effect that the $150,000 offer was almost inline with a regular valuation which I'm estimating for a website like this is something like 3 years of net cash-flow. To those in the know, correct me if I'm off.

Anyway, it looks like he's heading back to Kiwiland 1Q15 no matter what happens to the website. I will miss him if he stops the weekly column. It's often very informative and entertaining.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

why is he selling it? Even if he did sell it ..It was him who kept it interesting. I don't know if a new owner can do that.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

chanta76 wrote:why is he selling it? Even if he did sell it ..It was him who kept it interesting. I don't know if a new owner can do that.
Yeah it seems like a bad investment to buy it up for a price like that when the only reason the domain is making money in the first place is his own input. It was a nice read indeed, I'll miss him. I wonder how old he is, this may be part of his retirement plan... still, why would he leave after so many (seemingly happy) years?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Those are great points Chanta and Marcos.

His sight contains a treasure trove of Bangkok and Thai information and is very entertaining. The reader submissions add a great amount of depth to it all. But, weekly column is really at the center of it all, the key element. So the revenue generated demands a full-time effort of someone as talented as Stick at doing what he does. Thus, you need to subtract your opportunity cost from the valuation (how much is your time worth, $2,000 a month, $3,000 a month, etc.) As such, I doubt the site is that valuable to an individual who hopes to pick-up where he left off.

OTOH, Winston's site seems to be lot more automatic. I think the key driver is the forum content which is generated by a core but fluid element of a dozen or so contributors. All Winston has to do is jump in sometimes and stir things up a bit. He can disappear for weeks at a time and things seem go pretty well.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Sites normally sell for 10-40 times monthly income.

Stickman's column is worth a read, and the readers' submissions are priceless. But the rest of the site is very dated.

A new owner could do a lot with the site, like the new people over at the Warrior Forum are doing.

HA is probably worth $30,000. It has a lot of potential, but maybe it needs a new owner.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.