Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why did this happen in China?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:10 am

Cornfed wrote:
publicduende wrote:Maybe it's just CF playing the old projector of his happy memories from Asia once again. It still baffles me why he has given up any chance to live them again for real, rather than - metaphorically - watching them in a dusty attic on his toy Super 8.

There is no real future in EFL teaching. If I returned to Asia I would need a better way to earn a living.

I know we disagree about it somewhat. I think I started from a lower position back home than you, so my perspective is a bit rosier, though not by much. The Middle East still offers high salary jobs. You could find a wife candidate in Asia, make sure she's legit,, then head off to the ME. Families can be raised on the cheap. Billions of people are raising families on much less than westerners are. Not saying that is a good idea for westerners, but I still think it can be done. I might try it myself at some point. Pay is a concern, but if it comes to either not producing offspring vs producing offspring, I know which one to choose.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Ghost wrote:Pay is a concern, but if it comes to either not producing offspring vs producing offspring, I know which one to choose.

How old are you, anyway? What are your plans in terms of raising a family?
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby chanta76 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:18 pm

can trying programming or coding? Take some computer classes and take it from there.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:36 am

Last edited by Ghost on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby sea_dragon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:49 am

chanta76 wrote:can trying programming or coding? Take some computer classes and take it from there.

I've tried doing that, but my attention focuses elsewhere.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Postby droid » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:58 am

chanta76 wrote:can trying programming or coding? Take some computer classes and take it from there.
I've suggested that but people in general has code-fobia. And that's precisely why it's a good field.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby xiongmao » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Lots of IT jobs around at the moment, especially here in the UK. I dared upload a new CV to a job board and got 27 phone calls in one day.

There are IT jobs overseas as well. But this week I looked at jobs in Japan and you can earn just as much teaching English, and you don't need to speak Japanese (which you do for most IT jobs).
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby chanta76 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:32 pm

So in Japan ..an ESL teacher can make the same amount as a programmer? I don't believe in that. I thought that market for ESL teachers in places like Korea and Japan is becoming over staturated and that' why some of these esl teacher are heading to China.

The problem with ESL teaching is that I don't think it has a long term future..and there is cap in how much you make unless you open up your own school.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby KokujinKrusader » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:23 pm

chanta76 wrote:So in Japan ..an ESL teacher can make the same amount as a programmer? I don't believe in that. I thought that market for ESL teachers in places like Korea and Japan is becoming over staturated and that' why some of these esl teacher are heading to China.

The problem with ESL teaching is that I don't think it has a long term future..and there is cap in how much you make unless you open up your own school.

Korea is probably still the best place to save money since they pay for your flights. Taiwan is also really good due to the high salaries and low costs of living. Japan pays a decent salary, but unless you're in the countryside, expenses will likely eat away at your paycheck. China has a lower cost of living, but the payment isn't always that good (enough to live off of, but not necessarily enough to save big money).

That said, Taiwan and China are the places where foreign ESL teachers make more than the average local; in Japan and Korea they seem to make less.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Postby chanta76 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:17 pm

KokujinKrusader,

You have to consider the future. Unless you actually are a real teacher ..I don't see ESL having a long term job growth or security. It's better to learn something else that's marketable.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: Why did this happen in China?

Postby Jonny Law » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:31 pm

You are a great man Cornfed. I am happy that these chicks adore you.

Maybe you have an Asian soul. Maybe you deserve to be cheered.

How can I argue? Chinese people have the highest IQs on earth. In fact American universities have to restrict the number of Chinese people because they excel too much.

FACT-
China has the highest IQ China (105.8), Hong Kong (105.7), Korea and Taiwan (both 104.6), and Japan (104.2)

European/White: 99

Latino Americans: 89

African-Americans: 85

Source: http://defence.pk/threads/iq-test-resul ... z3E3wy3cTm

Cornfed wrote:I was in an auditorium in front of about five hundred Chinese students. It was interesting. Us foreigners were introduced. The crowd gave a cheer for the person introduced. Who do you think got the biggest cheer?

1. A tall, broad, skinny man in his 40s with a toothbrush mustache who had given up on looking youthful.
2. A half Filipina half English chick in her early 20s who was big boned and hot and good looking.
3. A brownskinned chick in her 30s who was an aerobics instructor, and so looked hot.
4. A flabby but muscular short white guy in his 30s who looked athletic.

We all know the answer, but I wonder why? Why was I so popular?
Jonny Law
Junior Poster

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand