Filipinas want Average Looking White Guys

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

hammanta wrote: Good looks only ruin your chances 2) if you have a shitty or creepy personality.
Ding, ding, ding!

But back to the debate. I know, I know - I am much older than most of the commenters on this thread. When I was young we had a word for people who compared their looks using a 1-10 rating system -- women :)

But seriously, while it does creep me out that some of you are rating your looks and debating whether you are a 6, a 9 or a -2, it's not very relevant in the Philippines or most developing nations. Like everything else it's a very different culture with very different values and your rating system, even if valid, is based on Western standards.

The values are very different and that even includes taste in looks. At 6'5" a guy who might make large, fat American women melt, is not gonna have an advantage in PI. Nor will a guy built like Ahnold.

My dad had a movie star's dark tan every summer and that was considered very attractive. But not in the Philippines where his coloring would make him look like a Filipino. Me? I got pasty white skin - perfect for breeding with Pinays :)

So stop worrying about whether you are a 6, 9 or an 11. The only guys who have troubles in PI are the #2s (above description).

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Will is a narcissist. He assumes because he is good looking that women should fall to their knees to him but when they don't he finds reason why they don't. His lazy (his in the Philippines but uses online dating ) self entitled and maybe even delusional about himself. His prime example of why expats tend to be mediocre men.

Guys who are actually 9/10 should have no trouble dating anywhere including the states...but Will is in the Philippines where even Winston can score....which is nothing to be really proud about .(I mean this as no offense to PHilippine people but many expats I think look down on them.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Banano wrote:Marcos is about 7.5-8.5/10 (head) which is pretty good, I dont know whats your height but if you start working out you will be able to clean up anywhere. You definitely have face that makes women wet their panties
I am 6 feet tall without shoes, about two hundred pounds. I'm not exactly gigantic where I live but in the Philippines I'm well above average and it feels pretty chill towering over people like that. I have encountered a few Filipino's my own height, though. Also several South-Korean expats were remarkably tall.
Banano wrote:Just curious about how well did you do in US? Daygame/online/bars/clubs? Your head is in top 20% and all you need is a bit of 'game' or social skills
I am not from the US, but from Western Europe. I did relatively okay, in my country the legal drinking age used to be 16 and I went clubbing relatively early when I was only 15\16. Had a couple of conquests in my teenage years though not exactly impressive numbers. No real lasting relationships, just flings, until I met my now-wife. Social skills and 'game' are no issues for me, although I never treated 'game' like a scientific formula the way PUA guys do nowadays. I just go up to a girl, start a conversation, break the ice with humor and see where it gets me.

The clubbing scene eventually lost it's appeal to me. There's no way that music volume isn't disastrous to the ears and I developed the habit of drinking a little too much, which also wasn't a good development. I decided the West wasn't for me, too fast, too materialistic, and I needed a different type of girl if I wanted a lasting and stable relationship. I decided in order to do that I would have to leave the West... but it wasn't until I actually met the girl that would become my wife, that I realized my future was in the Philippines. It's funny how things go.

It was never my intention to "go to Manila and slay some p***y", I came for love. The p***y happened to come with that love, a nice bonus if I may say so myself. I'm not much of a player though and I don't think I ever really was, either. Not for lack of skill or ability, mind you, I'm just a one woman type of guy and very family oriented.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

debating whether you are a 6, a 9 or a -2, it's not very relevant in the Philippines or most developing nations

I dont know about this, when I get time I'll experiment on asian dating sites to see if these claims are true.

I put put up a photo of a guy who is 3-4/10 and a guy who is 7-8/10 all other variables will be the same

I could tell you about my stories from Thailand where I was banging massage and bar girls who had western BFs for free, only because I was younger and better looking then their old bfs, to say looks is irrelevant it is to be ignorant.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Banano wrote:debating whether you are a 6, a 9 or a -2, it's not very relevant in the Philippines or most developing nations

I dont know about this, when I get time I'll experiment on asian dating sites to see if these claims are true.

I put put up a photo of a guy who is 3-4/10 and a guy who is 7-8/10 all other variables will be the same

I could tell you about my stories from Thailand where I was banging massage and bar girls who had western BFs for free, only because I was younger and better looking then their old bfs, to say looks is irrelevant it is to be ignorant.
Whereas I agree with Dave about the rating system, I will use it as it is the easiest way to convey on an online forum.

I don't think there's much difference between a 5-10 in the Philippines unless the guy is trying to get the top tier looking girls. Now when we start talking about very below average looking guys then looks can play a role. I'm talking very obese, lack of hygiene, abnormally short, etc. If you are simply average you can do a lot in the Philippines.

But I think where a lot of unfortunate or average guys fail is *Winston will hate me for this* on the confidence side. No I'm not talking about being a PUA. I'm talking about having the nerve to approach, to converse well, to not exclude yourself from society, and lose some insecurities. These guys have that defeatist personality and really limit their potential mates.

Filipinas are generally shy and reserve. They usually aren't gonna approach strangers, especially foreigners no matter how good looking or ugly the guy is. They may smile or giggle or even wave but if the guy is too much of a pansy to get the clue then he's at a loss.

I've had to learn this the hard way. Looking back I could of had a huge pool of potential dates but those insecurities and defeatist attitude make me second guess myself. I remember walking around Greenbelt mall and saw a makeup model (gorgeous girl) standing at a vendor table. I went up and asked for directions. Her face lit up but you could tell she was incredibly nervous by the way she spoke. She gave me directions in a very shaky tone. I really wanted to ask for her number but second guessed my worth and just walked away. Sure she could have said no but she could have said yes. I will never know. My point is though you gotta at least try. In a place like the Philippines you have a hell of a lot better chance than in America with succeeding.

I believe Naughty Nomad had a thread about Manila where he said he had about a 90% text back rating just by handing his number out. Yes the guy is goodlooking and young but he's nothing extraordinary. Even half that rate would still be impressive.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Banano wrote:

I don't think that looks are irrelevant. I said that basing your success in the Philippines on a Western rating system is faulty. Even if you use a 1-10 rating system, their notion of what a 10 is is not the same as a Western woman's.

It also depends on your goal. If the goal is to bang the largest amount of women (like the OP) then your methodology is gonna be different from the guy whose goal is to find one great one.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

MrMan wrote:
Hero wrote: Yes, if you look hard enough, you can find one with very nice curves, both above and below the waist :D It'll take some patience on your part, however.
Is the waste curvy too? :)
They could make an hourglass jealous :wink:
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Great thread. I've known guys with model looks that were so used to women coming up to them, that they never learned to do the grunt work of approaching/dealing with bullshit, all the stuff the rest of us have to get used to.
hammanta wrote:But I think where a lot of unfortunate or average guys fail is *Winston will hate me for this* on the confidence side. No I'm not talking about being a PUA. I'm talking about having the nerve to approach, to converse well, to not exclude yourself from society, and lose some insecurities. These guys have that defeatist personality and really limit their potential mates.
Filipinas are generally shy and reserve. They usually aren't gonna approach strangers, especially foreigners no matter how good looking or ugly the guy is. They may smile or giggle or even wave but if the guy is too much of a pansy to get the clue then he's at a loss.
I've had to learn this the hard way. Looking back I could of had a huge pool of potential dates but those insecurities and defeatist attitude make me second guess myself. I remember walking around Greenbelt mall and saw a makeup model (gorgeous girl) standing at a vendor table. I went up and asked for directions. Her face lit up but you could tell she was incredibly nervous by the way she spoke. She gave me directions in a very shaky tone. I really wanted to ask for her number but second guessed my worth and just walked away. Sure she could have said no but she could have said yes. I will never know. My point is though you gotta at least try. In a place like the Philippines you have a hell of a lot better chance than in America with succeeding.
Nice post.
However, Winston is not saying confidence doesn't exist, but rather that you can't really fake it.
Once you start getting some decent feedback in a proper location, then the confidence will build itself. I'd also say there's probably a period for the average guy to 'detox' from all the pounding received in the past, perhaps a month or so(?). But you're right, it's ultimately up to you to start breaking through once given the opportunity.
Last edited by droid on September 17th, 2014, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

droid wrote:Great thread. I've known guys with model looks that were so used to women coming up to them, that they never learned to do the grunt work of approaching/dealing with bullshit, all the stuff the rest of us have to get used to.
hammanta wrote:But I think where a lot of unfortunate or average guys fail is *Winston will hate me for this* on the confidence side. No I'm not talking about being a PUA. I'm talking about having the nerve to approach, to converse well, to not exclude yourself from society, and lose some insecurities. These guys have that defeatist personality and really limit their potential mates.
Nice post.
However, Winston is not saying confidence doesn't exists, but rather that you can't really fake it.
Once you start getting some decent feedback in a proper location, then the confidence will build itself. I'd also say there's probably a period for the average guy to 'detox' from all the pounding received in the past, perhaps a month or so(?). But you're right, it's ultimately up to you to start breaking through once given the opportunity.
I agree with yah. It takes some time to detox and realize you aren't in the West anymore. However, there are many guys that never fully realize this and are stuck in their olds ways, wondering why they aren't succeeding. It does takes some guts, and getting out of your comfort zone is hard. But it can definitely pay off in the end if one is willing to put in the effort.
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Post by Guyver »

davewe wrote:
Banano wrote:

I don't think that looks are irrelevant. I said that basing your success in the Philippines on a Western rating system is faulty. Even if you use a 1-10 rating system, their notion of what a 10 is is not the same as a Western woman's.

It also depends on your goal. If the goal is to bang the largest amount of women (like the OP) then your methodology is gonna be different from the guy whose goal is to find one great one.
I'm curious, what do you think an Eastern woman's 10 would be versus the Western woman's 10? Give us a list of qualities and contrast them in your own experience.
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

Guyver wrote: I'm curious, what do you think an Eastern woman's 10 would be versus the Western woman's 10? Give us a list of qualities and contrast them in your own experience.
In my observations, the typical Eastern woman sees a 10 as a tall, slim-muscular, socially valuable member of her her race, or a tall, slim-muscular, blonde/blue White guy that looks like a model on one of the billboards or movies that she sees. Cuter, boyish-looking faces seem to do better in Asia than in the West.

In the West, women see the 10 as a tall, muscular, blonde/blue White or Latin guy with a slight tan and high social value. Faces should be more rugged and angular. Opinions seem to be more varied, but despite opinions being varied, it is easier to attract more women in the East while only ticking off a few boxes.

I could be totally wrong, but these have been my general observations.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

KokujinKrusader wrote:
Guyver wrote: I'm curious, what do you think an Eastern woman's 10 would be versus the Western woman's 10? Give us a list of qualities and contrast them in your own experience.
In my observations, the typical Eastern woman sees a 10 as a tall, slim-muscular, socially valuable member of her her race, or a tall, slim-muscular, blonde/blue White guy that looks like a model on one of the billboards or movies that she sees. Cuter, boyish-looking faces seem to do better in Asia than in the West.

In the West, women see the 10 as a tall, muscular, blonde/blue White or Latin guy with a slight tan and high social value. Faces should be more rugged and angular. Opinions seem to be more varied, but despite opinions being varied, it is easier to attract more women in the East while only ticking off a few boxes.

IMO, the Eastern European woman's "ten" is more pretty than handsome. A Western woman's "ten" has to look like a handsome thug. I totally agree with Krusader about Asian women's preferences. I have a boyish face, and western women describe it as "sweet" - which of course is a total turn-off to western women, but which explains why I hit it off so well with Asian women.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Hero wrote:
KokujinKrusader wrote:

IMO, the Eastern European woman's "ten" is more pretty than handsome. A Western woman's "ten" has to look like a handsome thug. I totally agree with Krusader about Asian women's preferences. I have a boyish face, and western women describe it as "sweet" - which of course is a total turn-off to western women, but which explains why I hit it off so well with Asian women.
The "sweet" insult. F*k I hate it, I used to think it was a compliment and an 'advancement' :evil:

When it comes to height I'd say the biggest difference is that FW, including Easterners just spec "taller-than-me", which is very doable by most.
Whereas here in the US of Ink, a 4'10 idiot will still want a 7' footer, just because she can.
http://nyppagesix.files.wordpress.com/2 ... 00x300.jpg
I'd say it's more of an arbitrary status symbol, to one-up other chix, instead of an actual sexual preference(?).

In other parts of the world you don't have to tower over the chick, a few inches above is ok AFAIK.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

The "sweet" insult. F*k I hate it, I used to think it was a compliment and an 'advancement' Evil or Very Mad

When it comes to height I'd say the biggest difference is that FW, including Easterners just spec "taller-than-me", which is very doable by most.
Whereas here in the US of Ink, a 4'10 idiot will still want a 7' footer, just because she can.
http://nyppagesix.files.wordpress.com/2 ... 00x300.jpg
I'd say it's more of an arbitrary status symbol, to one-up other chix, instead of an actual sexual preference(?).

In other parts of the world you don't have to tower over the chick, a few inches above is ok AFAIK.
Lol and the girls seem to think cause they wear 5 inch heels that that is their legitimate height.

I had some 5'4" chick tell me at a party that I was too short because she didn't like that (her in 5 inch heels) we were near the same height.
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

Due to the influence of Western media, and the natural preference for height, there are women overseas that demand 6' or over too. However, there is still a greater pool of women that go for guys that are simply taller than them, and girls that will go for guys that are shorter than they are in heels, as long as they are naturally taller than them without shoes on.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!