It's (no) more fun in the Philippines.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Re: It's (no) more fun in the Philippines.

Post by The_Adventurer »

I think too many guys have the impression that girls like this truly have nothing better to do than sit around waiting for an old, fat foreigner to show up.

“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Like this guy.......

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWBsdUoBB48[/youtube]
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

That was funny, one thing about Filipino cops, they do tend to put up with a lot of shit from foreigners while making an arrest. In America he'd have been shot or tazed for sure.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Zambales wrote:I wouldn't take what Mr S said seriously. It's simply not true and I would hazard a very good guess that his lack of success in the Philippines is self-inflicted.
It's very much true, although personal experiences may differ somewhat but in general what I said is what I've observed from living here permanently; oh going on 13+ years now.... having been traveling all around to almost every major city on a consistent rotational basis and dealing with all socio-economic levels as part of my work here...

And if I didn't have success living here I would have moved on long ago. I only remain here for personal reasons and obligations I have to fulfill for the time being.

I should clarify that I don't have trouble getting laid, it's the quality of women in PI that are the problem. You can get laid easily by lower socio-economic women but then you deal with the issues that go along with that or you can get with a middle to higher tiered woman but then you deal with what Taco mentioned with the wanting to show off higher status and generally has similar Western values that the guy originally ran away from in the first place, but with her trying to control the relationship and you having to appease her demands, but of course they are done in a non-confrontational way. Unlike in the West where it is more in your face. I could easily have a relationship here with any woman except maybe the upper classes and that's more to do with me not valuing materialism and status so I wouldn't get along with most of them since that's what most of them are about here. I just choose not to get involved with a Filipina again since they are generally more trouble then they are worth. The percentage of finding a decent one is rather small and that's even when you live in the country and have resources to explore. I just don't bother exploring my options with them anymore. My overall personality type doesn't jive with the majority that inhabit their culture.

Sure there will be guys that succeed and whatnot but they probably fit a certain stereotype and have a personality that matches the average Filipino. I'm a rational, independent type thinker that doesn't display emotion easily unless prodded, thus of course I'm not going to jive with this culture and country, although I've been successful in maintaining a presence here out of necessity. I could easily have had multiple home wrecking relationships probably since living here but I chose not to for the sake of keeping emotional stability at home. If I wanted to be selfish and have my way with women here, I easily could, but I CHOOSE not to. I have enough complications in my life at the time being and trying to involve other women just for the sake of romantic and sexual companionship is illogical for me. Although I can control my urges, I do understand many guys cannot and would choose another path to follow...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I can't be sure if it is fun or not in Philippines.
But what I am almost sure, it is that sτupid laws are here to make the life of most European men difficult, if they decide to take their filipinas back to Europe.

The largest part of the Europe belongs to the 'schengen zone' the last two decades.
This makes things very difficult when you try to bring a girl to your home country back in Europe.
Very strict laws to bring a person from outside Europe.

I have personally heard, and everyone can just google it, many horror stories of absolute discomfort and hassle of time and money, about men who try to bring their girlfriends to Europe.
One explanation I hear a lot, it is about stopping human trafficking. I read stories of Filipino people who cannot even easily or not at all make a visit in Europe! Not even for tourist purposes! People told me stories, that filipina that currently lives in Europe cannot even invite her sister from Philippines! Filipina girls are stopped in Manila airport by Police and they cannot fly! Difficulty for visa. Horror stories...
But what I can understand from all this situation, it is that the normal european guy who just wants to have a normal feminine/traditional woman from Philippines and not a western white bitch, he has to handle a lot of difficulties and bureaucratic obstacles. While the human traffickers can simply find ways to do their awful jobs as always...

I find this situation very disturbing and discouraging.
So even from this side, the whole situation with Philippines is surely no fun at all...
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

mentor wrote:I read stories of Filipino people who cannot even easily or not at all make a visit in Europe! Not even for tourist purposes! People told me stories, that filipina that currently lives in Europe cannot even invite her sister from Philippines!
I was speaking to an immigration lawyer a few years ago and he said it was easier to get a fiancee visa than a tourist visa lol.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Zambales wrote:
mentor wrote:I read stories of Filipino people who cannot even easily or not at all make a visit in Europe! Not even for tourist purposes! People told me stories, that filipina that currently lives in Europe cannot even invite her sister from Philippines!
I was speaking to an immigration lawyer a few years ago and he said it was easier to get a fiancee visa than a tourist visa lol.
This is in full accordance with the bad stories I heard and told you here...thanks for mentioning it, though it is 'bad news confirmed'!
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Duplicate

Post by Mr S »

Duplicate thus deleted
Last edited by Mr S on October 21st, 2016, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

mentor wrote:I can't be sure if it is fun or not in Philippines.
But what I am almost sure, it is that sτupid laws are here to make the life of most European men difficult, if they decide to take their filipinas back to Europe.

The largest part of the Europe belongs to the 'schengen zone' the last two decades.
This makes things very difficult when you try to bring a girl to your home country back in Europe.
Very strict laws to bring a person from outside Europe.

I have personally heard, and everyone can just google it, many horror stories of absolute discomfort and hassle of time and money, about men who try to bring their girlfriends to Europe.
One explanation I hear a lot, it is about stopping human trafficking. I read stories of Filipino people who cannot even easily or not at all make a visit in Europe! Not even for tourist purposes! People told me stories, that filipina that currently lives in Europe cannot even invite her sister from Philippines! Filipina girls are stopped in Manila airport by Police and they cannot fly! Difficulty for visa. Horror stories...
But what I can understand from all this situation, it is that the normal european guy who just wants to have a normal feminine/traditional woman from Philippines and not a western white bitch, he has to handle a lot of difficulties and bureaucratic obstacles. While the human traffickers can simply find ways to do their awful jobs as always...

I find this situation very disturbing and discouraging.
So even from this side, the whole situation with Philippines is surely no fun at all...
Yeah, it's true. I work with a highly educated well-off older Filipina lady and her partner is British and she recently went to visit and travel Europe with him. She says she was harassed by customs in most of the countries she visited even though she had legitimate visas and was with a Brit Westerner. I think the worst was Switzerland from what I recall her story to me.

The Philippines is still okay to visit and hang around in when compared to many other countries but it's changing and losing it's charm real fast as it races to internationalize itself and fully embrace corporate globalism. Duterte may slow the transition a bit but I doubt his successor will stay the course that he lays, which is common from administration to administration, they always uproot the last ones policies rather than continuing. One major reason why it takes so long for the government to accomplish anything significant that affects quality of life here. This is also why old-fart guys from Western countries like it here cause nothing really changes much and when it does it's at a snails pace. The Philippines is like being stuck in the 80's or 90's pre-internet days but with computers, cellphones and internet. I know it sounds contradictory but that's the environment here. I just find that the girls attitudes from the younger generations are not the same as previous ones and it's mainly do to social media and being able to communicate with foreigners easily using the internet. Foreigners aren't 'mysterious' anymore or hard to reach, so one has to have other things going for themselves to attract Filipina women here nowadays other than just being a white foreigner from a Western country.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Zambales wrote:
There is no secret to this in both the US, UK and EU. It's suppose to be this way.

Getting a tourist Visa from the Philippines or any 3rd world country to these places is difficult and should be. The fear is that the person will arrive and disappear into the woodwork. So the requirements are stringent. For the US, someone applying for a tourist Visa must demonstrate that they have strong enough ties to the Philippines that they will return. This means possibly a business, family, land, finances, etc. A poor Filipina who has nothing will be unlikely to get a tourist Visa.

OTOH a fiancee or spousal Visa is a different matter. The sponsor (the husband to be) has to show economic ability to care for the person he is marrying, so that she does not become a legal burden to the country. If he can do that and if there are no other issues (criminal records, medical issues, she's already married, etc.) then the Visa is typically approved.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

It's more pun in the pilippines.

There, I said it.