Vietnamese Women Are Heavy Drinkers

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Vietnam is the only country I've heard of where the women out drink the men. This could be a problem if your considering a serious relationship with one.

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/23/the_wor ... k_partner/

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Vietnamese Women Are Heavy Drinkers

Post by droid »

Interesting, who would've thought, from their usually demure pics.
I love the China stat showing women pretty much not drinking at all. I find that cute of them.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Break the chains
Freshman Poster

Post by Break the chains »

That is a very broad brush. Vietnam is a big country, I suspect most of the female pissheads are located in HCMC.
Trying to be a better man
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

so according to that then usa women are the best cause they are the lowest? LOL

It does cause for alarm though. Vietnam women seem to be quite crazy in a way.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=108855

I have to agree with that thread. I lived in Vietnam for a few years. The men were definitely heavy drinkers, but the women were either teetotalers or very light drinkers. There is something seriously wrong with the claims of that article at salon.com.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Traveler wrote:http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=108855

I have to agree with that thread. I lived in Vietnam for a few years. The men were definitely heavy drinkers, but the women were either teetotalers or very light drinkers. There is something seriously wrong with the claims of that article at salon.com.
I just returned from 7 weeks in Vietnam. I would say that the vast majority of Vietnamese women are teetotalers.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Devil Dog wrote:
Traveler wrote:http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=108855

I just returned from 7 weeks in Vietnam. I would say that the vast majority of Vietnamese women are teetotalers.
are vietnamese women very open to foreigners compared to other southeast asians?
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Compared to Thailand and the Philippines, Vietnam still has some time before it reaches the same amount of Westernization in those two countries. Perhaps there is still a stigma that the West attaches to the country.

I've never been to Vietnam but I will be there next year, flying to HCMC from KL. I will meet my potential girlfriends from there but if I can find a good woman in Malaysia that would be just as good. Traveler, you said you hived in Vietnam for a few years. How was it? Would you go back? I need to know in detail about living there and whether it is a good place to find a wife. I am an 18 year old Chinese-Canadian. I wear glasses, don't consider my appearance to be anything.

Vietnam seems to be one of the less visited and talked about places on this forum. Vietnmaese are not as desperate as Thais and Filipinos, and are less likely to tell you a lot right away. However, they also tend to be more honest (at least as of now) and straightforward compared to Thais which always want to save face.

Vietnamese are more intelligent on average than both Thais and Filipinos. Their average IQ (although I do not buy into IQ tests / stats) is 95 which puts them closer to China than Thailand (91) and the Philippines (86). They seem to be more ambitious and interested in the world.

I dont't think foreigners (whites) will have the same amount of status in Vietnam compared to Thailand and the Philippines. Instead of throwing themselves at the feet of Westerners, the Vietnamese have more pride in their culture and values.

Vietnam's youth is on the increasingly rapid path to Westernization, and like all countries this begins in the major cities especially HCMC which is equivalent to Shanghai. Like China back in the 80s, it is good to see Vietnam's growth and forging of its path, but we all know what this will eventually lead to. Better act now.

Vietnam is becoming an increasingly popular location to teach English and the costs of living are still very cheap (unless you never pop the expat bubble and live the Western lifestyle). I read somewhere that half the country's population is under the age of 30 (or 35?), which I think makes it good for younger men seriously into marriage.

The country is still barely looked into as a location for Western men to find a partner, but other Asian countries including China, Korea, Japan, and in recent years Singapore have seen larg numbers of men flocking to Vietnam to marry or buy local women.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Now I don't want to sound like an older person (which I am not). It is normal for young men and young women to experiment with things such as alcohol (but certainly no drugs!) every once in a while, and perhaps getting drunk once or twice is still forgivable. However, consistently drinking alcohol and being in a state of drunkenness shows a lack of self conduct, which equally impacts male and female.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Quite a few Muslim countries on the second chart! :shock: