Manila it seems is where most of the hot women are

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Manila it seems is where most of the hot women are

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Im convinced that the reason why bluelight,rock, and others like Manila so much is cause most foreigners are scared of it so they have millions all to themselves :) There is more hot women there than any other area in phil compared to expat population. most foreigners dont stay in manila they head elsewhere and considering the sheer size of population and all the women coming from the provinces to find work that means there should be the biggest surplus of women in the country in manila. Im starting to think if you want to meet beautys you should stay in manila. Forget Cebu and davao and dumaguete and subic and angeles there is only trash there cause there is too many foreigners ratio wise compared to the population and the hotter women head up to manila. Hotter women come from richer families and thats why they end up in manila.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 3rd, 2020, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Manila it seems is where most of the hot women are

Post by Rock »

Look it's like that in a lot of countries, especially undeveloped, emerging, and developing countries - the hottest women from everywhere flock to the largest city and/or capital city. Think about it. Which places have the highest density of well paying jobs, best schools and medical facilities, wealthy and rich people, educated and middle classes, cosmopolitan types, modeling opportunities, chances to be a kept woman, etc.? If a country woman is blessed to be in the top 1-5% looks wise in her village, she's gonna be very tempted to hit the big city to see what she can get out of life.

A few examples of where you see a disproportionate percentage of attractive, very attractive, and hot women relative to averages in general population:
Philippines - Metro Manila
Kenya - Nairobi
Brazil - Sao Paolo and Rio
Thailand - Bangkok
China - Shanghai, Beijing
Colombia - Bogota, Medellin

Of course you need to choose the right areas within these urban areas because they also attract some of the worst elements. Generally, mega cities attract high percentages of the most extreme elements of a population.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Ghost wrote:I thought the conventional wisdom was that Manila sucks? That said, I think I would have liked it there under different circumstances. Filipina stunners are everywhere. Just go to the mall, where the stores hire all the hot girls to stand there and look pretty. It's an endless smorgasbord of women. It's no secret.

You're right about the foreigner population; there are not that many in Manila. Not nearly as many as I thought. Sure, head over to the nicer parts of town and you'll see more, but still not many. It's hard to imagine, but the Philippines might be somewhat of an "undiscovered" country still. Or at least big parts of it.
I only mostly passed through manila but my impression was that there were absolutely no foreigners anywhere around. In cebu i saw some occassionally at the malls or whatever but in manila i was at the mall of asia, a hotel, and took a bus ride my first trip there before that and didn't see not even one single foreigner that i can recall. In cebu far less people yet alot more foreigners. There isn't that many foreigners in cebu either when compared to the general population size BUT if you go to certain hotspots you will see some. whereas in manila there is just millions of people and no foreigners in sight even if going to the mall. Even if there were foreigners equal to cebu or angeles the sheer number of people in manila makes it more favorable. Also when you factor in the fact they tend to have more money so the women will be single and hotter cause of their background and the fact they moved from the province to work there. All favorable conditions. Unless you want a unemployed chick or a single mom or a "6" you better only go to manila.

The problem for me is manila is so expensive to stay in a hotel i can stay long term cheaply in cebu. BUT cebu is a crapshoot with too many foreigners. Im thinking its better to make the trip shorter and stay in a higher end manila hotel and hit up the dating sites. Only problem i see is that manila is so big that a girl who says manila may actually be an hour or 2 away cause manila could mean any city in the metro area. and even in one city it can take awhile due to the traffic.

I now believe if you want a woman in philippines go to manila and dont settle for less. The dredges of society are left in cebu and the province. Thats why i dont see any guys here with hot educated women, they didn't go to manila.

Which reminds me steve55 found his fiance in makati. :)
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

one could argue davao as also being a good spot for the fact most guys are scared to go there while being highly populated but I think thats not true cause will n dowd complains about the quality there and when compared to manila is 20 times more populated AND generally hotter women tend to move to big metro areas so are more likely to also be single. Im assuming most of the poor and less hotter women are left in davao. that probably also explains why most of the attractive women Will n dowd winds up with are naive teenagers. The older ones are in manila. Davao is great for unemployed virginal types who are hideous that are so popular among guys like array9 and such. Like pete says 5 and 6's are a waste of time. get quality or stay home.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Rock wrote:Look it's like that in a lot of countries, especially undeveloped, emerging, and developing countries - the hottest women from everywhere flock to the largest city and/or capital city. Think about it. Which places have the highest density of well paying jobs, best schools and medical facilities, wealthy and rich people, educated and middle classes, cosmopolitan types, modeling opportunities, chances to be a kept woman, etc.? If a country woman is blessed to be in the top 1-5% looks wise in her village, she's gonna be very tempted to hit the big city to see what she can get out of life.

A few examples of where you see a disproportionate percentage of attractive, very attractive, and hot women relative to averages in general population:
Philippines - Metro Manila
Kenya - Nairobi
Brazil - Sao Paolo and Rio
Thailand - Bangkok
China - Shanghai, Beijing
Colombia - Bogota, Medellin

Of course you need to choose the right areas within these urban areas because they also attract some of the worst elements. Generally, mega cities attract high percentages of the most extreme elements of a population.

dont you think taht if you were living in cebu that you would have terrible success compared to now? I mean you literally have millions of women and hardly any expats there in manila. Cebu there is tons of sexpats and bargirl vacationers and its alot less residents.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

What stats are you basing your assumptions on? From the ground up, it seems to me that Manila area has plenty of foreigners, westerners and otherwise. The area Starchild lived in had a very high percentage. Go to Greenbelts 1-5 and tell me there aren't a lot of foreigners here. Or go to Global City. Also, parts of Ortigas has some expats. And Ermita especially around Robinsons Mall area has a lot of the types you see around Robinsons Fuente in Cebu. The building I lived in before probably had more foreigners than locals, especially if you count mainland Chinese residents as foreigners.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Rock wrote:What stats are you basing your assumptions on? From the ground up, it seems to me that Manila area has plenty of foreigners, westerners and otherwise. The area Starchild lived in had a very high percentage. Go to Greenbelts 1-5 and tell me there aren't a lot of foreigners here. Or go to Global City. Also, parts of Ortigas has some expats. And Ermita especially around Robinsons Mall area has a lot of the types you see around Robinsons Fuente in Cebu. The building I lived in before probably had more foreigners than locals, especially if you count mainland Chinese residents as foreigners.
Funny I seen the whole metro area of luzon by bus and walked the whole way through mall of asia and even stayed overnight in a hotel AND even took a taxi at night through Burgos red light district or whatever and even was looking for a quick hotel right next door and I kid you not I didn't see one foreigner or any significant amount that i can recall. There is no foreigners in manila from what i can say unless its top secret. LOL

Anyways, my point was as a PERCENTAGE of foreigners vs general single filipina population its the lowest among all big cities. Yes there is foreigners but compared to the mass population its the smallest compared to any other big city in philippines I think. Even if the same number of foreigners from cebu moved to manila the ratio would be at least 20 times more favorable cause of the population difference compared to cebu/davao and the favorable demographics of the women. There is no way there is more foreigners in manila than cebu total. All the foreigners want to live in the province or at best angeles or cebu. Most foreigners are scared of manila cause of the high crime, pollution, traffic, and most importantly expenses. And once again as I said MOST FEMALES especially single ones are trying to move to manila and most of them will be hotter than the average poor filipina. So its favorable demographics on top of high population.

20 million in metro. There is no way there is 20 times the amount of foreigners compared to cebu or davao (which only have about 1 million). Everyone knows the foreigners go to angeles city and cebu and boracay and many other places. Very few plop down in manila and stay there for their vacation or residency. Oh yeah and also I forgot there is english instruction schools in cebu for koreans. Cebu and angeles are full of koreans. I dont see koreans in manila at all. they are everywhere in angeles and cebu. Yeah most are students but some monger or bang filipinas too.

Also as repeated manila girls come from affluent families cause they hve the money to send them to manila or they have the money to live there. So there should be more single girls than anywhere else and they should be hotter cause hotter women tend to come from richer families.

BTW I never seen any foreigners in manila. I went to the bus stop in pasay city, mall of asia, road the bus through metro manila, didn't see one foreigner. i go to cebu or even a rinky dink suburb in cebu out of the way and occasionally see a foreigner.

ladislav has even confirmed davoa with its unfavorable demographics for the same reasons i outlined. YOu can apply that same reasoning to cebu too cause its the same size but only has a few more women cause some go to cebu instead of manila. But manila is much more favorable cause it takes more money to go there and they all really would rather go to manila. and manila is much more populated and isnt a beach hotspot like cebu.
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on October 24th, 2014, 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

If you look at most recent census (2010) stats, it appears that there is a much higher than average concentration of foreigners in Metro Manila, not lower as you seem to be hypothesizing from a quick visit and some loose assumptions.

Population figures and percentages
Total population of Philippines: 92 mn
NCR (National Capital Region): 11.9 mn (12.9%)
Total foreign population (foreign is any non-national residing 1 year or more): 177 K
Total foreign population living in NCR: 55 K (31% or 2.4 times the concentration of locals)

These figures do not account for shorter term foreigners (tourist types who typically stay a couple weeks or so). But a high percentage of those head for Metro Manila as well.

The better areas of Metro Manila are full of foreigners. Of course, if you go to big ghetto swaths like Tondo, you probably won't see a foreigner for miles. But do you wanna live in a squatter area and find a girlfriend there? Good luck.
Last edited by Rock on October 24th, 2014, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Rock wrote:If you look at most recent census (2010) stats, it appears that there is a much higher than average concentration of foreigners in Metro Manila, not lower as you seem to be hypothesizing from a quick visit and some loose assumptions.

Total foreign population (foreign is any non-national residing 1 year or more): 177 K
Total foreign population living in NCR: 55 K (31% or 2.4 times the concentration of locals)

These figures do not account for shorter term foreigners (tourist types who typically stay a couple weeks or so). But a high percentage of those head for Metro Manila as well.
Nice try that is only 1.5 percent of the capital region. also metro manila is 20 million i bet most foreigners are concentrated in the inner core so its probably less than 1 percent if you compare it to the more broader "metro manila".

you have the stats on cebu?

also what kind of foreigners? arabs? chinese? Indians? sex tourist? You dont know. i edited my post right now to say that I did not see any foreigners at all despite going by the red light district, staying in a hote, going through multiple hotels, one day at mall of asia, taking a bus ride through metro manila. didn't run into any foreigners. I was shocked not one foreigner even walking past the red light areas or the hotels. THey must be hiding.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Rock wrote:If you look at most recent census (2010) stats, it appears that there is a much higher than average concentration of foreigners in Metro Manila, not lower as you seem to be hypothesizing from a quick visit and some loose assumptions.

Nice try that is only 1.5 percent of the capital region. also metro manila is 20 million i bet most foreigners are concentrated in the inner core so its probably less than 1 percent if you compare it to the more broader "metro manila".

you have the stats on cebu?

also what kind of foreigners? arabs? chinese? Indians? sex tourist? You dont know. i edited my post right now to say that I did not see any foreigners at all despite going by the red light district, staying in a hote, going through multiple hotels, one day at mall of asia, taking a bus ride through metro manila. didn't run into any foreigners. I was shocked not one foreigner even walking past the red light areas or the hotels. THey must be hiding.
What do you mean only 1.5% of the capital region. What are you talking about, Luzon or Metro Manila? Those are official figures.

How many days did you spend in Metro Manila. I was there a long time, months and months. The areas I stayed in Metro Manila definitely had a higher percentage of foreigners than what I saw in Cebu City unless perhaps you include Koreans and visit IT Park.

I already mentioned a bunch of areas in the Manila area. If you wanna extend the circle out a couple hours, you get all the way up to Angeles City and down to Laguna. You could do the same with Cebu City vs. outlying areas too. What's your point? The areas out of the city not the same.

Anyway, if you think Metro Manila is so great, then go up there and try it out. For all we know, you another fake poster anyway as you are completely unverified.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

sorry i couldn't edit cause my connection is not working so using a proxy.

Im wrong its actually only half percent of the metro manila is foreigner residents according to those stats. You didn't prove anything you actually proved my point. only 28% of the foreigners live in manila with 12 million. So over 70% are living elsewhere. ALot are probably in cebu but cebu is very tiny in comparison so foreigners stick out. Ill be generous and say 50 percent all foreigners live in the "20 million" of metro manila a broader definition than the 12 million in NCR. most foreigners will be in NCR not the outlier areas of metro so 50 percent is generous. That means the other half are elswhere. How many live in cebu with only 1 million? I bet a lot of the other half are going to cebu but cebu is a lot smaller to accomodate them. I bet the percentage is a lot higher than half percent. Less than a half percent are probably foreigner in the whole wider metro manila area. Cebu is definitely more concentrated than that everywhere i go i see koreans and whites. not in manila.

The math and demographics and ancedotal evidence proves my point yet you want to argue based on I dont know why. I figure your one of those guys who wants to keep manila a secret cause you know the favorable demographics.

You dont even live in cebu either i didn't see any foreigners in manila on my visit. Everywhere you go you can see koreans or whites in cebu. Koreans bang filipina women too you know.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:sorry i couldn't edit cause my connection is not working so using a proxy.

Im wrong its actually only half percent of the metro manila is foreigner residents according to those stats. You didn't prove anything you actually proved my point. only 1/3 of the foreigners live in manila with 12 million. So 2/3 are living elsewhere. ALot are probably in cebu but cebu is very tiny in comparison. Ill be generous and say half of all foreigners live in the "20 million" of metro manila a broader definition than the 12 million in NCR. How many live in cebu with only 1 million? I bet the percentage is a lot higher than half percent. Less than a half percent are probably foreigner in the whole wider metro manila area. Cebu is definitely more concentrated than that everywhere i go i see koreans and whites. not in manila.

The math and demographics and ancedotal evidence proves my point yet you want to argue based on I dont know why. I figure your one of those guys who wants to keep manila a secret cause you know the favorable demographics.
I don't get you. NCR is Metro Manila, not Manila. It includes 16 cities and a municipality. It's huge. To cross it from one end to the other in typical daytime weekday traffic would take 2-4 hours. This big sprawl registered a total population of 11.9 million or 12.9% of the population of the Philippines. But foreign residents in this city at that time (2010) registered 55,000 or 31% of total foreign residents in the Philippines.

Percent of total Philippines residents (Philippine nationals + foreigner residents) residing in Metro Manila: 12.9%
Percent of foreign residents in the Philippines residing in Metro Manila: 31%

So what is higher, 31% (percentage of foreign residents in Philippines residing in Metro Manila) or 12.9% (percentage of total residents in Philippines residing in Metro Manila).
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

More stats on foreign residents of Philippines in 2010 for you to chew on Newlife:

22% lived in Mindinao
9% central Luzon ex-Metro Manila
8% Calabarzon
6% Central Visays (which presumably includes metro Cebu) and Metro Cebu had a registered population of 2.55 mn in 2010 or 2.8% of Philippines population.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:sorry i couldn't edit cause my connection is not working so using a proxy.

Im wrong its actually only half percent of the metro manila is foreigner residents according to those stats. You didn't prove anything you actually proved my point. only 28% of the foreigners live in manila with 12 million. So over 70% are living elsewhere. ALot are probably in cebu but cebu is very tiny in comparison so foreigners stick out. Ill be generous and say 50 percent all foreigners live in the "20 million" of metro manila a broader definition than the 12 million in NCR. most foreigners will be in NCR not the outlier areas of metro so 50 percent is generous. That means the other half are elswhere. How many live in cebu with only 1 million? I bet a lot of the other half are going to cebu but cebu is a lot smaller to accomodate them. I bet the percentage is a lot higher than half percent. Less than a half percent are probably foreigner in the whole wider metro manila area. Cebu is definitely more concentrated than that everywhere i go i see koreans and whites. not in manila.

You dont even live in cebu either i didn't see any foreigners in manila on my visit. Everywhere you go you can see koreans or whites in cebu. Koreans bang filipina women too you know.
Manila is no secret. I've been vocal about touting Luzon people even though most others here seem to highly prefer people in Visayas and/or Mindinao.

I would love to see more HAers in Metro Manila when I'm there. I get tired of hearing so much about Cebu or the provinces. I've said time and time again that I think security and arguably quality of life are better in the top areas of Metro Manila than most of rest of Philippines.

But if you wanna dodge foreigners, then you better head to the grittier parts. Cus plenty reside or at least visit the more internationally livable areas of Metro Manila. Don't believe me. Then just go up and try it out. Welcome if you are real!

Now Davao, that's a place where I really didn't see many westerners. And it's considerably cheaper too, esp. for rent or hotel rooms. But it also does not have nearly the same amenities you get in Metro Manila.