Manila it seems is where most of the hot women are

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: Manila it seems is where most of the hot women are

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

hammanta wrote:
I have noticed also that most filipinas dont believe in excercise or eating healthy. They just let age catch up to them. only the hoes care about maintaining looks till they catch their bait lol
I mentioned this in another post. This is very evident in a lot of developing countries. Why exercise and lose important calories when you are naturally skinny and don't eat that much to begin with? Plus gym memberships, at least in Manila are crazy expensive. I think, compared to much of the West, Filipinos eat relatively healthy outside of the cities. Seafood, fish, fruits, mixed with lower portions are staples of filipino society.

Just like a man, a women looks good with a moderate amount of muscle. Running and eating right simply isn't enough for most women unless they are genetically gifted. They tend to end up looking like flat chested sticks. They need to have a good strength and muscle based program to put the curves in the right places. The problem with the Philippines is that knowledge of good workout routines is pretty non-existent. A good filipina will do what you ask as long as your aren't a complete A-hole about it. If you can bring her to the gym and get her eating right, her naturally high metabolism can lead to a wonderful figure and of course help the aging process. Then again it takes you knowing what to do as well.
Reminds me of this older foreigner who was busting his ass in the gym and having his young attractive filipina working out. She was going through it and he was really pushing her and you could tell this was all foreign to her. She was hot though one of the few cases where I was jealous. She even peeked at me when i walked by.

my girlfriend sort of wanted to go to the gym but i knew shed just want to get in my way or just run so I just went alone. The hoe had a motivation to excercise and she used to run sometimes she said but when i was with her she didn't really excercise (i gave her enough LOL) but i think she wanted to go to the gym with me. She seeme concerned about her bodyfat and always watched her weight but it was only so she could catch the next sucker.

The gym at the hotel i was at was i think 1000 a month or 50 for a day pass. I forgot what it was monthly but probably more expensive than america when adjusted for local salaries.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rock wrote:
Data I have suggests your assumption is erroneous.

To make it easier for you to comprehend, I will break it down into foreigner penetration (number of foreign residents per 100,000 population)
Point (1)
I think the issue is not "foreigners", it is "porriners". I.e., WHITE foreigners.

If Manila has lots of businessmen from Japan, Taiwan, China, India etc, and Cebu has only retired Whites plus a few Korean English-learners, the perception could be that Cebu is in fact "Whiter".

Point (2)
Visual inspection of street presence trumps statistics. Why do I say that. Statistics show that Glendale California is majority White. If so, the Whites stay penned up in their hilly suburban hideouts, reading books or tending their flowers or whatever it is that White people do. The streets are majority Armenian, except at the one in-town shopping mall, which draws from surrounding cities. Whites are almost invisible. If you are a plumber, you might see Glendale as White-majority. If you are in any retail business (outside the mall), not that way at all. Armenians first, Filipinos second.

I havent been to the Phils, just saying that statistics may not always be the most useful way of understanding something.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:

are we even sure the demographics of these residents are the same? In cebu i see lots of whites and koreans? Why is it that I didnt see any foreigners at mall of asia, the red light district, multiple hotels, etc. There were really nowhere to be seen. seemed more sparse than cebu where i can easily see if not any whites i could at least count on a bunch of koreans anywhere.
OK I see that NewLife had already made substantially the same point that I just did.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

WorldTraveler wrote:
Jester, they come there right after high school or college.
So then I surmise that if one were interested in that student-age demographic, Manila's edge would be less...
:idea:
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:
Data I have suggests your assumption is erroneous.

To make it easier for you to comprehend, I will break it down into foreigner penetration (number of foreign residents per 100,000 population)
Point (1)
I think the issue is not "foreigners", it is "porriners". I.e., WHITE foreigners.

If Manila has lots of businessmen from Japan, Taiwan, China, India etc, and Cebu has only retired Whites plus a few Korean English-learners, the perception could be that Cebu is in fact "Whiter".

Point (2)
Visual inspection of street presence trumps statistics. Why do I say that. Statistics show that Glendale California is majority White. If so, the Whites stay penned up in their hilly suburban hideouts, reading books or tending their flowers or whatever it is that White people do. The streets are majority Armenian, except at the one in-town shopping mall, which draws from surrounding cities. Whites are almost invisible. If you are a plumber, you might see Glendale as White-majority. If you are in any retail business (outside the mall), not that way at all. Armenians first, Filipinos second.

I havent been to the Phils, just saying that statistics may not always be the most useful way of understanding something.
As I know, Cebu City has a few areas where you are more likely to see foreigners:
1. Mango Square and nearby bars
2. Feunte Circle area
3. Ayala Mall
4. SM Mall
5. Colon St. area
6. IT Park

Yet in none of those areas have I ever seen more than a handful of whities, under 2% of all the people around.

In select areas of Metro Manila, it's possible to see a greater concentration of whities than that - certain condo complexes, hotels, or shopping malls.

From the ground up, neither city has much in the way of westerners relative to all the people around. The highest concentration I've seen anywhere in the Philippines in Angeles City around Fields. Perhaps Boracay is like that too, I don't know.

In Thailand, it's much easier to find areas where you actually see a large percentage of whites. Certain parts of Bangkok can be like that and Pattaya even more so.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Jester wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:
Jester, they come there right after high school or college.
So then I surmise that if one were interested in that student-age demographic, Manila's edge would be less...
:idea:
Come-on now, he's not interested in under 18s.
soulbrother
Freshman Poster

Post by soulbrother »

Does anyone know, the best places to meet mixed Filipinas in Manila?

I am mostly interested in Chinese/Korean women.
I have read that there are certain areas with Koreans and so on.

I am looking for a 7-9 on the look girl, with half moon eyes, high bridge nose, and petite.

I love how korean girls look, but it is way to hard to get one in Korea,they are to picky.
So I thought that looking for a girl with my description in Phillipines, would be an alternative.

The reason why I am asking, is because from the photos of girls in Dating in Asia website, I saw that most of the girls there have the typical fillipina appearance( round eyes, "potato" nose, low bridge,sharp sculls).
In December I want to go there for a month trip, and it would be great to look around for a girl who meets my description.
And it would be nice, not to waiste my limited time on areas without such beauties.

Here is a photo of fillipina, to explain what I mean.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

There aren't many Korean/Filipino mixed running around cause Koreans have only been coming to PI en Masse for aound 10-15 years or so, thus if there are any mixed kids they are probably not adults yet or still in their teens. I've only met one mixed Korean/Filipina the whole time I've been in PI and that was in Angeles City over 5 years ago.

There is a small group of mixed Chinese/Filipinos in PI, but they tend to stick to themselves and seem to be very clanish from my dealings with them. They tend to be the most well off of Filipinos, thus will always be middle class or above and that has its positives and negatives. You would have to figure out in any city which businesses are owned by Chinese-Filipinos then maybe hang around that area or find out where they tend to live in a city as they like to be around each other as many will be related. I suppose if you were able to date one they would be more serious oriented and look at what you bring to the table wealth wise and future earnings for the family.

There seems to be a high concentration of Chinese-Filipinos in Bacalod city area as I always see lots of mainland Chinese traveling there when I have to visit that city. As well to a lesser extent Iloilo City since it's nearby too.

In Manila area I think a lot of Chinese-Filipinos live in the Greenhills/San Juan/Cubao area of the city, but I think they tend to be more spread out so it's hard to tell. Most would probably live in gated communities or condos probably. Look through the phone book of any city and look for Chinese sur names and maybe try your luck there if you want to pinpoint where they all live around.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
soulbrother
Freshman Poster

Post by soulbrother »

Mr S wrote:There aren't many Korean/Filipino mixed running around cause Koreans have only been coming to PI en Masse for aound 10-15 years or so, thus if there are any mixed kids they are probably not adults yet or still in their teens. I've only met one mixed Korean/Filipina the whole time I've been in PI and that was in Angeles City over 5 years ago.

There is a small group of mixed Chinese/Filipinos in PI, but they tend to stick to themselves and seem to be very clanish from my dealings with them. They tend to be the most well off of Filipinos, thus will always be middle class or above and that has its positives and negatives. You would have to figure out in any city which businesses are owned by Chinese-Filipinos then maybe hang around that area or find out where they tend to live in a city as they like to be around each other as many will be related. I suppose if you were able to date one they would be more serious oriented and look at what you bring to the table wealth wise and future earnings for the family.

There seems to be a high concentration of Chinese-Filipinos in Bacalod city area as I always see lots of mainland Chinese traveling there when I have to visit that city. As well to a lesser extent Iloilo City since it's nearby too.

In Manila area I think a lot of Chinese-Filipinos live in the Greenhills/San Juan/Cubao area of the city, but I think they tend to be more spread out so it's hard to tell. Most would probably live in gated communities or condos probably. Look through the phone book of any city and look for Chinese sur names and maybe try your luck there if you want to pinpoint where they all live around.

Thank you for your reply.

Well I am not looking just Korean mixes, just the look of it so to say.
I have nothing agains "pure" filipinas, if they have the described apearence.

As one member described it "classy beauty"
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Hang out in the Japanese/Korean KTV bars and you'll see plenty of the type of girls your're attracted too. Also, the Filipino style girly bars as well. If you are going for that type of look, that's where you'll find the cream of the crop. Other than that you will just have to mill about in whatever city and keep your eyes open. I see that type of girl all the time but I'm not generally attracted to that look so don't pursue further. You can also hangout in the malls and find girls like that.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Soulbrother,

You korean by chance?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Rock wrote: As I know, Cebu City has a few areas where you are more likely to see foreigners:
2. Fuente Circle area
3. Ayala Mall
4. SM Mall
5. Colon St. area
6. IT Park
Yet in none of those areas have I ever seen more than a handful of whities, under 2% of all the people around.
In Thailand, it's much easier to find areas where you actually see a large percentage of whites. Certain parts of Bangkok can be like that and Pattaya even more so.
Visiting Cebu frequently as my fosterdaughter is living there, I can only confirm your observation. Actually in Cebu, you will not see so many 'white people' except a few near to these places you mentioned, and let me add, you find some more white people also in some of the very expensive beach hotels in Mactan, but otherwise?

This is totally different in Thailand, not only in Bangkok and Pattaya, but also in ChiangMai, ChiangRai, HuaHin, Phuket, Udon Thani etc. etc.
In many cities in Thailand you will see plenty of white foreigners, mostly men and from Europe.

Thailand is much better developed compared to the Philippines, plenty of tourists and also plenty of retired men for longstay, Compared to Philippines, Thailand is much safer too, weather and geological conditions are more stable without taifuns and without earthquake etc. - airlinks are also considerably better.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

After extensive travelling around Manila courtesy of Google Earth Airlines, I'm starting to change my mind about the place. I think it's nice. There's too many squalid looking buildings, it looks a bit too hectic in parts, and there aren't as many beautiful buildings as there ought to be. Spanish cities are very pretty, but Manila is kind of semi ugly in some parts. But other than that, it's looks pretty good to me.

If you look around on google street view (which has only recently become possible) it's very lively. Lots of people in the streets, lots of action going on, and it just seems like a very human place. I think if they tidied it up a bit, painted some of the buildings rather than leaving them grey, gave it a more latin feel and made a few other changes, it could be much better.

Oh shit, wrong thread. Never mind.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Yohan wrote:
Rock wrote: As I know, Cebu City has a few areas where you are more likely to see foreigners:
2. Fuente Circle area
3. Ayala Mall
4. SM Mall
5. Colon St. area
6. IT Park
Visiting Cebu frequently as my fosterdaughter is living there, I can only confirm your observation. Actually in Cebu, you will not see so many 'white people' except a few near to these places you mentioned, and let me add, you find some more white people also in some of the very expensive beach hotels in Mactan, but otherwise?

This is totally different in Thailand, not only in Bangkok and Pattaya, but also in ChiangMai, ChiangRai, HuaHin, Phuket, Udon Thani etc. etc.
In many cities in Thailand you will see plenty of white foreigners, mostly men and from Europe.

Thailand is much better developed compared to the Philippines, plenty of tourists and also plenty of retired men for longstay, Compared to Philippines, Thailand is much safer too, weather and geological conditions are more stable without taifuns and without earthquake etc. - airlinks are also considerably better.
I have Thailand in my sights. Interesting history (when it used to be Siam, for example). I hear they don't play with their culture, especially the royal family. Is it true that you'll get slapped up an down Bangkok if you run your mouth about the royals? Not that I intend to, but the mental image of a foreigner being stomped for running his or her mouth is slightly sweetening. It looks funny if you picture it.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Johnny1975 wrote:After extensive travelling around Manila courtesy of Google Earth Airlines, I'm starting to change my mind about the place. I think it's nice. There's too many squalid looking buildings, it looks a bit too hectic in parts, and there aren't as many beautiful buildings as there ought to be. Spanish cities are very pretty, but Manila is kind of semi ugly in some parts. But other than that, it's looks pretty good to me.

If you look around on google street view (which has only recently become possible) it's very lively. Lots of people in the streets, lots of action going on, and it just seems like a very human place. I think if they tidied it up a bit, painted some of the buildings rather than leaving them grey, gave it a more latin feel and made a few other changes, it could be much better.

Oh shit, wrong thread. Never mind.
Um, NO WAY. Try living here in person rather than virtually through a computer, in GOOGLE virtual world...