Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Manila it seems is where most of the hot women are

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Manila it seems is where most of the hot women are

Postby HouseMD » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Blue Murder wrote:
Yohan wrote:
Rock wrote:As I know, Cebu City has a few areas where you are more likely to see foreigners:
1. Mango Square and nearby bars
2. Fuente Circle area
3. Ayala Mall
4. SM Mall
5. Colon St. area
6. IT Park
Yet in none of those areas have I ever seen more than a handful of whities, under 2% of all the people around.
In Thailand, it's much easier to find areas where you actually see a large percentage of whites. Certain parts of Bangkok can be like that and Pattaya even more so.

Visiting Cebu frequently as my fosterdaughter is living there, I can only confirm your observation. Actually in Cebu, you will not see so many 'white people' except a few near to these places you mentioned, and let me add, you find some more white people also in some of the very expensive beach hotels in Mactan, but otherwise?

This is totally different in Thailand, not only in Bangkok and Pattaya, but also in ChiangMai, ChiangRai, HuaHin, Phuket, Udon Thani etc. etc.
In many cities in Thailand you will see plenty of white foreigners, mostly men and from Europe.

Thailand is much better developed compared to the Philippines, plenty of tourists and also plenty of retired men for longstay, Compared to Philippines, Thailand is much safer too, weather and geological conditions are more stable without taifuns and without earthquake etc. - airlinks are also considerably better.

I have Thailand in my sights. Interesting history (when it used to be Siam, for example). I hear they don't play with their culture, especially the royal family. Is it true that you'll get slapped up an down Bangkok if you run your mouth about the royals? Not that I intend to, but the mental image of a foreigner being stomped for running his or her mouth is slightly sweetening. It looks funny if you picture it.

You will literally go to prison for insulting them, it's against the law. A guy ended up going to prison a few years back for drunkenly drawing a mustache on a flyer with the king's face.
HouseMD
Experienced Poster

Postby Yohan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:53 pm

WARNING:
As a foreigner in Thailand, simply said, enjoy your vacation. Care about yourself, have fun, and don't care about anything else what is going on in this country.

Stay away from anything which might be related to politics. If you stay in Thailand, never engage in political discussions and protests.
If you see protesters walking from right to left, then walk immediately from left to right. Just stay away.

In areas with many foreigners you are safe, like in Pattaya, this is no place for protesters. Even while Bangkok was burning a few years ago, in Pattaya was nothing, all business as usual. Thai people doing all these services for tourists were happy to have some profitable business or a job, foreigners were happy to spend money for a good life.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby Blue Murder » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:50 pm

HouseMD wrote:
Blue Murder wrote:
Yohan wrote:
Rock wrote:As I know, Cebu City has a few areas where you are more likely to see foreigners:
1. Mango Square and nearby bars
2. Fuente Circle area
3. Ayala Mall
4. SM Mall
5. Colon St. area
6. IT Park
Yet in none of those areas have I ever seen more than a handful of whities, under 2% of all the people around.
In Thailand, it's much easier to find areas where you actually see a large percentage of whites. Certain parts of Bangkok can be like that and Pattaya even more so.

Visiting Cebu frequently as my fosterdaughter is living there, I can only confirm your observation. Actually in Cebu, you will not see so many 'white people' except a few near to these places you mentioned, and let me add, you find some more white people also in some of the very expensive beach hotels in Mactan, but otherwise?

This is totally different in Thailand, not only in Bangkok and Pattaya, but also in ChiangMai, ChiangRai, HuaHin, Phuket, Udon Thani etc. etc.
In many cities in Thailand you will see plenty of white foreigners, mostly men and from Europe.

Thailand is much better developed compared to the Philippines, plenty of tourists and also plenty of retired men for longstay, Compared to Philippines, Thailand is much safer too, weather and geological conditions are more stable without taifuns and without earthquake etc. - airlinks are also considerably better.

I have Thailand in my sights. Interesting history (when it used to be Siam, for example). I hear they don't play with their culture, especially the royal family. Is it true that you'll get slapped up an down Bangkok if you run your mouth about the royals? Not that I intend to, but the mental image of a foreigner being stomped for running his or her mouth is slightly sweetening. It looks funny if you picture it.

You will literally go to prison for insulting them, it's against the law. A guy ended up going to prison a few years back for drunkenly drawing a mustache on a flyer with the king's face.

Hey. Doc is back. We got a dawktah in the house! Anyway, welcome back. That sounds about right. Thai prisons are a no-no for me. Prisons in general are a no-no for me. I have no idea why westerners think everyone wants their culture or needs their help. During the Egyptian revolution (which one? Badum tish!), there were a bunch of pasty white kids throwing rocks at the police and whoever else. Like really, bro? They have no stake in that country. They're only there as some study abroad student and they wanna get political. Of course, my generation is huge on this armchair-but-not-always-armchair politics. It's funny to see minors on chat sites discuss politics. As if they don't have their noses buried in Facebook and Twitter all day. That said, the drunk foreigner is an idiot. Which reminds me: Those of us on HA need to swat idiot westerners abroad down for doing stupid things. Keep in mind that letting the idiots run wild will reflect badly on all travellers.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand