Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why can't Filipinas accept compliments?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Re: Why can't Filipinas accept compliments?

Postby Adama » February 24th, 2016, 7:20 pm

mentor wrote:Adama thanks for your comments.

I have a feeling from a few girls I talk online, that their difficulty accepting/commenting even some small compliments I made, it is rather coming from being humble.


Online? Well okay then.

I compliment women in person frequently. Not to flatter them. I do it to gauge their reaction to me. You will not believe how powerful the right words are. A few weeks ago I was working this Filipina. She is somewhat thin, but she is not pretty at all. I told her that she was beautiful and pretty when she just isnt. She refused to accept my compliments. She even said that I was mocking her. Yes, she said I was mocking her by calling her beautiful. That's because she knows she's not all that pretty.

But I have complimented women who were pretty by telling them that they are pretty. And it is unbelievable to me the reaction you can get from women when you press the right buttons.

I really do not know anything about complimenting women online. I would never do such a thing. Neither would I bother with chatting with women online. My person can't be reduced to a few electrons, and attraction is not about the flatness of my image on a monitor. I would not bother with it because chemistry can't be felt in such a way. But for those who use it, I would not criticize or condemn them for it. To each his own.

Yohan, Droid and others have apparently had great success using online dating though.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm





Re: Why can't Filipinas accept compliments?

Postby mentor » February 24th, 2016, 7:48 pm

Adama I agree with you.
Compliments can be a great tool to 'measure' reactions from the girls.

Some compliments I gave to a girl I am talking online now, were about her beliefs and nice opinions, so I don't think I was exaggerating.
She did not told anything about these compliments, this is what I miss from 'online', but maybe I am just hitting the right buttons (she does not deny them), but I just can't see the reactions.
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 466
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Re: Why can't Filipinas accept compliments?

Postby Balmung » February 25th, 2016, 1:13 am

Adama wrote:I really do not know anything about complimenting women online. I would never do such a thing. Neither would I bother with chatting with women online. My person can't be reduced to a few electrons, and attraction is not about the flatness of my image on a monitor. I would not bother with it because chemistry can't be felt in such a way. But for those who use it, I would not criticize or condemn them for it. To each his own.

Yohan, Droid and others have apparently had great success using online dating though.


I too have used an online dating site to great effect. I think one of the major factors is that success depends on using such a site correctly, given what your goals are. I wanted a serious relationship; for that to work, the woman has to be convinced that you're serious, otherwise "good girls" will move on and look for serious guys elsewhere. (I suspect this is doubly true for Filipinas, who get married younger than in the west, and so are less willing to waste time.) I'd say you should be making plans to meet her after 3-4 months, otherwise you're not someone to be taken seriously. If your goal is just casual hookups, you should plan on visiting sooner. (Who plans a hookup months in advance?)

As for compliments online, you should be aiming at being genuine, and maybe a little bit playful. I agree that true chemistry can't be found online, all you can get is an idea of if you want to continue things in real life.
Balmung
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 49
Joined: August 1st, 2015, 3:07 pm

Re: Why can't Filipinas accept compliments?

Postby davewe » February 26th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Balmung wrote:I wanted a serious relationship; for that to work, the woman has to be convinced that you're serious, otherwise "good girls" will move on and look for serious guys elsewhere. (I suspect this is doubly true for Filipinas, who get married younger than in the west, and so are less willing to waste time.) I'd say you should be making plans to meet her after 3-4 months, otherwise you're not someone to be taken seriously. .


Totally agree and mentor's been told this several times. Unless the girl believes you are going to visit her (and soon) she may lose interest. Yes, I know of instances where the guy took years to get there and the girl waited, but those are the exceptions not the rule.

And of course the girls have been told so often that the guy is going to come visit she often becomes jaded about it. The 1st time I was in the Philippines I got contacted by several girls I had previously chatted with who could see online that I was actually in the Philippines. When I said, "I told you I was coming to the Philippines," they all acknowledged that they didn't believe me. But now that I was really there they wanted to meet. I had no interest in meeting anyone who didn't believe so met none.

OTOH, my wife, Janet, refused to meet me on that 1st trip because she knew I would be meeting several girls and she was not interested in that. Frankly that was one of the qualities that made me interested in her!
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 3:21 am

Re: Why can't Filipinas accept compliments?

Postby hammanta » February 26th, 2016, 11:15 pm

Balmung wrote:
Adama wrote:I really do not know anything about complimenting women online. I would never do such a thing. Neither would I bother with chatting with women online. My person can't be reduced to a few electrons, and attraction is not about the flatness of my image on a monitor. I would not bother with it because chemistry can't be felt in such a way. But for those who use it, I would not criticize or condemn them for it. To each his own.

Yohan, Droid and others have apparently had great success using online dating though.


I too have used an online dating site to great effect. I think one of the major factors is that success depends on using such a site correctly, given what your goals are. I wanted a serious relationship; for that to work, the woman has to be convinced that you're serious, otherwise "good girls" will move on and look for serious guys elsewhere. (I suspect this is doubly true for Filipinas, who get married younger than in the west, and so are less willing to waste time.) I'd say you should be making plans to meet her after 3-4 months, otherwise you're not someone to be taken seriously. If your goal is just casual hookups, you should plan on visiting sooner. (Who plans a hookup months in advance?)

As for compliments online, you should be aiming at being genuine, and maybe a little bit playful. I agree that true chemistry can't be found online, all you can get is an idea of if you want to continue things in real life.


Solid point. Being playful is definitely key. Silly jokes and a shit ton of emojis work wonders on Filipina girls. Also teasing in a non insulting manner works as well. I like to use the downplay method of them complimenting me. For instance, I'm in pretty good shape, recreational, non steroid using body builder. So I'll tell a girl that I need to go feed my fat ass which in turn will make them say "oh but you aren't fat, you look good" to which point I play it off. I think it gives the girl a sense of comfort in that she probably feels insecure about her looks and it appears as if you are being humble.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 614
Joined: July 14th, 2013, 5:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests