Rate these Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: Rate these Filipinas

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

hammanta wrote:
I try to be systematic with my ratings. So my ratings are like a bell curve
10 = unicorn
9 = hotter than 99%
8 = hotter than 97%
7 = hotter than 90%
6 = hotter than 70%
5 = hotter than 50%
4 = hotter than 30%
3 = hotter than 10%
2 = hotter than 3%
1 = disfigured
Here's the problem with this rating scale. You base 5 as average thus 50% are below, 50% are above, yet there is only a 10% difference between 7-10. If you base it on a 10 point system every point needs to be a tenth/percentile. Meaning a 9/10 would be hotter than 90% of women. Thus getting into NewLifes nuance system of .432424 ratings. 9.5 would be hotter than 95% of the population

no his way is proper. it should be a bell curve.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
hammanta wrote:
10 = unicorn
9 = hotter than 99%
8 = hotter than 97%
7 = hotter than 90%
6 = hotter than 70%
5 = hotter than 50%
4 = hotter than 30%
3 = hotter than 10%
2 = hotter than 3%
1 = disfigured
Here's the problem with this rating scale. You base 5 as average thus 50% are below, 50% are above, yet there is only a 10% difference between 7-10. If you base it on a 10 point system every point needs to be a tenth/percentile. Meaning a 9/10 would be hotter than 90% of women. Thus getting into NewLifes nuance system of .432424 ratings. 9.5 would be hotter than 95% of the population

no his way is proper. it should be a bell curve.
Agreed in principal. But mean (50% mark) should be at 5.5, not 5 since that is the mid-point between 1 to 10 (unless zero is a rating which it in this case it is not). Also with a Bell Curve, percentage differences should decrease as you get further from the mean point (but in his case, its a 20 percentage point drop from 5 to 4 then again from 4 to 3. The drop from 4 to 3 should be less than the drop from 5 to 4 since latter is closer to mean point. That's one of the features of a Normal Distribution.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

hammanta wrote:
10 = unicorn
9 = hotter than 99%
8 = hotter than 97%
7 = hotter than 90%
6 = hotter than 70%
5 = hotter than 50%
4 = hotter than 30%
3 = hotter than 10%
2 = hotter than 3%
1 = disfigured
It's called a bell curve. The IQ distribution works this way too. Most people are clustered around the average, the decreasing numbers of people scoring toward the extremes. Of course, this is just a rough idea. I can't get a perfect bell curve for this because I am not collecting empirical data.

As far as focusing on the face vs the body is concerned. Most Asian girls have similar shaped bodies, at least the North-east Asian ones (most are around 5'4, slender, and B cup). So the only way to distinguish one from the other is through evaluation of the face. And when you interact with a girl, I hope 95% of your gaze is focused on her face and not on her boobs or butt.

I recently dumped a girl with DD cups. Because you know, you cannot have a DD cup without also being kind of chubby. And it is an automatic -3 when a girl is chubby, even if only slightly. So by definition, I don't find any D or DD women attractive because they come with all the undesirable traits of chubby women. I do see a lot of white expats in the Philippines with big breasted Pinays who are too chubby to attract local men. If you watch Asian media, most of the models and TV stars don't have big butt or breasts. Slender is beautiful here.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I don't usually participate in these 'rate these girls' threads. But it is curious to see how a girl one man will think is gorgeous is not another man's cup of tea. But that's a good thing so we can all pair off. In that first set of girls, based on the rating scale, I probably wouldn't rate any of them over a 7 for me, but other men might for them. That's the way it should be or we would all literally be after the same few girls. Out of the first batch, the first one probably looks most attractive in my opinion. Hard to say with one picture, and you don't see the personality, charm, voice, and certainly not character from a photo. Even for looks oriented guys, those things are a factor. They seem to be a much bigger factor for women.

It's funny how someone will say oh, that girl is so good looking and I'll consider her unattractive. Guys look at my wife. She's really good looking, and I can tell a lot of men perceive this. She's always getting Facebook posts from military guys and other men and doesn't respond. I had a friend when we got married who doesn't like the looks of any girl with a dark skin tone. My wife isn't dark at all, but she's a shade darker than his Chinese wife, who isn't nearly as pretty as mine, IMO. He wouldn't comment on my wife's looks except he let a comment slip about her being a little dark, so I could tell she probably wasn't the type he was interested in.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Who in real life is a 10? Was Audrey Hepburn even a 10 when she was young? Was Bo Derek?
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

There is no such thing as a 10. A 10 is a a picture of a supermodel all made up, with the picture taken in perfect angle and photoshopped.

Contrary of what you said, there is usually a consensus on what is physically attractive. That is how some gets selected as models, TV shows, and beauty pageants and others can only dream about such things. I usually ask myself that is this girl cute enough to stand a chance to make it in popular media for her looks? If the answer is yes, then she's probably no lower than a 7. Out of the first batch, I would say the original second girl (the girl with maroon hair and bright lipstick) has the looks of local TV show actress if that is what she looks like in real life. In the second batch, the first girl looks like what a typical model looks like in the Philippines.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MrBlueLight wrote:There is no such thing as a 10. A 10 is a a picture of a supermodel all made up, with the picture taken in perfect angle and photoshopped.

Contrary of what you said, there is usually a consensus on what is physically attractive. That is how some gets selected as models, TV shows, and beauty pageants and others can only dream about such things. I usually ask myself that is this girl cute enough to stand a chance to make it in popular media for her looks? If the answer is yes, then she's probably no lower than a 7. Out of the first batch, I would say the original second girl (the girl with maroon hair and bright lipstick) has the looks of local TV show actress if that is what she looks like in real life. In the second batch, the first girl looks like what a typical model looks like in the Philippines.
There is a general consensus and girls who get rated highly on rate me sites or get selected to be in beauty contests are generally at least average/above average to almost everyone whereas girls who are rated 1-3 on rate me sites are generally no better than average for almost anyone.

Some factors have to do with individual preferences whereas other traits are universally sought after. For example, Newlifeinthephilippines may prefer very short slim girls with darker skinned Malay faces and bigger boobs whereas Rock likes more refined lighter skinned faces and fuller figured tall girls with with big hips/butt and proportionally long legs and narrower shoulders. But, I suspect both Rock and Newlife and most others here at least appreciate youthful poreless skin, symmetrical faces with proportions which approximate Golden Ratio (championed by DaVinci in human aesthetics), waist-to-hip ratios around 0.7, proportionally long legs, good teeth, high noses, etc.

Many or even most of us have some unique tastes regarding features too. So perhaps the easiest way to attract a girl you also find attractive is to go for the one who falls lowest by more conventional standards. For a simple example, if big boobs are a big deal for you and make a girl much more attractive in your eyes, you could find one with a less attractive face to reduce the competition. To most she might be a 4 but to your eyes, her big boobs bump her up a couple notches to say a 6 since breasts do so much for you personally. So she will appreciate you and you will appreciate you - win/win.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

MrBlueLight wrote:There is no such thing as a 10. A 10 is a a picture of a supermodel all made up, with the picture taken in perfect angle and photoshopped.

for me a 7 is about 10 percent of the population. A light skinned non indigenous and classy looking filipina is about a 7 (assuming her body is very ordinary). Id say only 10 percent are that. To get higher than that they have to have a body or a mangificent smile or glow about them. Thats one thing i hate about pictures is they really dont add in the charm or sex appeal or a good smile. Ive seen some girls who are pretty but they have lousy smiles and lousy personality. likewise some girls that are a little less than a 7 rock my world cause they just have so much charisma and cuteness about them but its hard to capture that in a picture you have to be with them interacting.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Rock wrote:

There is a general consensus and girls who get rated highly on rate me sites or get selected to be in beauty contests are generally at least average/above average to almost everyone whereas girls who are rated 1-3 on rate me sites are generally no better than average for almost anyone.

Some factors have to do with individual preferences whereas other traits are universally sought after. For example, Newlifeinthephilippines may prefer very short slim girls with darker skinned Malay faces and bigger breasts whereas Rock likes more refined lighter skinned faces and fuller figured tall girls with with big hips/butt and proportionally long legs and narrower shoulders. But, I suspect both Rock and Newlife and most others here at least appreciate youthful poreless skin, symmetrical faces with proportions which approximate Golden Ratio (championed by DaVinci in human aesthetics), waist-to-hip ratios around 0.7, proportionally long legs, good teeth, high noses, etc.

Many or even most of us have some unique tastes regarding features too. So perhaps the easiest way to attract a girl you also find attractive is to go for the one who falls lowest by more conventional standards. For a simple example, if big breasts are a big deal for you and make a girl much more attractive in your eyes, you could find one with a less attractive face to reduce the competition. To most she might be a 4 but to your eyes, her big breasts bump her up a couple notches to say a 6 since breasts do so much for you personally. So she will appreciate you and you will appreciate you - win/win.
the issue about going that far down on the face is after a few years youll just have a very hideous looking woman with big boobs cause you staretd so low on the face expectations. I like big breasted women better than a pretty face BUT you have to calibrate what she will look like in 5 or 10 yeas so you probably want to go for a girl with a cute face with firm breasts (not flat but not huge) compared to a girl with a ugly face and DD. Also the girl could gain weight in time anyways so her breasts wont be that appealing. If she is fat at least she might have a nice face still. i think most guys are wise to choose a girl with a better face when looking for a wife cause as age takes its toll and as most girls will get fatter to some degree, your gonna want a pretty face. N

ha I dont like dark skinned malay faces. LOL HOWEVER my bargirl had that and it was ok for me cause she had this amazing glowing smile and eyes.

The biggest problem for me with the malay face is it does not age gracefully. Even my bargirl who is turning 30 you can see in certain poses or on a bad day or whatever the nasty malay features creep up. I think thats why most filipinas dont age gracefully ause the malay features for whatever reason dont allow it. It seems like the lighter skinned more refined filipinas seem to hold their age better.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

Rock wrote:

Some factors have to do with individual preferences whereas other traits are universally sought after. For example, Newlifeinthephilippines may prefer very short slim girls with darker skinned Malay faces and bigger breasts whereas Rock likes more refined lighter skinned faces and fuller figured tall girls with with big hips/butt and proportionally long legs and narrower shoulders. But, I suspect both Rock and Newlife and most others here at least appreciate youthful poreless skin, symmetrical faces with proportions which approximate Golden Ratio (championed by DaVinci in human aesthetics), waist-to-hip ratios around 0.7, proportionally long legs, good teeth, high noses, etc.

Many or even most of us have some unique tastes regarding features too. So perhaps the easiest way to attract a girl you also find attractive is to go for the one who falls lowest by more conventional standards. For a simple example, if big breasts are a big deal for you and make a girl much more attractive in your eyes, you could find one with a less attractive face to reduce the competition. To most she might be a 4 but to your eyes, her big breasts bump her up a couple notches to say a 6 since breasts do so much for you personally. So she will appreciate you and you will appreciate you - win/win.
What about someone like me, whose type is the ones you see on TV and fashion magazines? :cry:
For me, an 8 could be someone with a typical slender body but a star-like face. A 9 would be a girl with both star-like face AND banging curvy but slender body. For North-east Asian, they cannot have C+ boobs without them being saggy, so the focus is on the face. For Filipinas, those who have curvy bodies tend to not have star-like faces or they have masculine faces.

Now what would you rate this woman who has average size breast and little to no curve?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I don't value a girl being slender as much as you do. She may have a little meat on her bones, when she has a nice booty and nice perky tits I frankly couldn't care less if she has a little fat here and there. The girls you like, Mr. Bluelight, are the typical "classical beauties". These are the model looking types, and they are quite marvelous to look at I give you that... but some girls are just SEXY, you know? Hot. They ooze sex from their every pore, the way they move their hips, the way they rock their curves... so what if she's a little darker, or her nose is a little bigger? You still want her. That's a 10 to me. It's not an exact science, so lets not make it one. One man's ten is another man's five, all that matters is she gets you in the mood to get crazy.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

MarcosZeitola wrote:I don't value a girl being slender as much as you do. She may have a little meat on her bones, when she has a nice b***y and nice perky breasts I frankly couldn't care less if she has a little fat here and there. The girls you like, Mr. Bluelight, are the typical "classical beauties". These are the model looking types, and they are quite marvelous to look at I give you that... but some girls are just SEXY, you know? Hot. They ooze sex from their every pore, the way they move their hips, the way they rock their curves... so what if she's a little darker, or her nose is a little bigger? You still want her. That's a 10 to me. It's not an exact science, so lets not make it one. One man's ten is another man's five, all that matters is she gets you in the mood to get crazy.
Actually, it is science. There is a whole field of psychology dedicating to this subject. One of the findings is that people tend to have a high consensus in who is hot and who is not.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

As someone who constructs very elaborate visual lies every day, I will say that photos are very unreliable for judging real world beauty. A photo is a combination of light, lens and composition. If any one of these elements are out of place you can have an otherwise beautiful exposure look ugly.

I've said before on other boards, men talk about a 10 point system but operate on a simpler one:

1. Women you won't have sex with.

2. Women you will have sex with, without effort invested.

3. Women you will have sex with, with effort invested.

Of course everyone's (1) (2) and (3) will differ. But at the end of a day a "6"~"10" may ultimately be in the same category. Since men are impatient it's usually just a matter of what can be gotten quickest.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

drealm wrote:As someone who constructs very elaborate visual lies every day, I will say that photos are very unreliable for judging real world beauty. A photo is a combination of light, lens and composition. If any one of these elements are out of place you can have an otherwise beautiful exposure look ugly.

I've said before on other boards, men talk about a 10 point system but operate on a simpler one:

1. Women you won't have sex with.

2. Women you will have sex with, without effort invested.

3. Women you will have sex with, with effort invested.

Of course everyone's (1) (2) and (3) will differ. But at the end of a day a "6"~"10" may ultimately be in the same category. Since men are impatient it's usually just a matter of what can be gotten quickest.
Very true. Different factors play a role as well. Some girls have a way of oozing sexiness even though they may not be as attractive as another one. Its hard to explain but I find sweet and innocent looking girls way sexier than a girl who is revealing and you know you can get her. Same goes with lingerie. I generally prefer looking at girls in magazines with lingerie on as opposed to full nakedness. It's the mystery and thought that really gets me.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Ive noticed asian guys like mr bluelight are obsessed about the face. Like rock says the body is very important too. Especially in philippiens where the bodies are terrible in general.

For example ill take a 5 looking face girl with huge double D firm breasts and a curvy butt and small waist over a girl who a nice face but flat breasts and a saggy butt and average waist.

I like tiny and petite too with those curves a 4'11 spinner is much hotter to me than a 5'3
How tall are you? I know its personal preference but being a rather short guy at 5'9 I'd prefer a girl that is shorter (5'2-5'6) but not childish looking. A girl below 5 ft, especially if she is naturally petite tends to just look like a little girl. I also look at the aspect of what my offspring may look like. Since I'm short and only a few in my family are tall, I'm pretty sure if I got with a girl 4'11 then my children would be small. There is an aspect of dominance that I like but even at 5'6 a lot of Asian girls are still petite and look a lot different than a 5'6 western girl.