Public Market Filipinas are the easiest

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Public Market Filipinas are the easiest

Post by Taco »

I've had young Filipinas throwing themselves at me at many different places in the Philippines. However, I've had more Filipinas flirting with me at the public market than any where else I've been. Most of these girls only get paid a 100 pesos a day to sell rice, fruit and vegetables in a rat and roach infested place with no air conditioning. They can be rather forward, they even asked my wife if I was good in bed. If you go there and you don't have a new girlfriend in 15 minutes your doing something wrong. Which brings me to my next point.

Rule #1, The shittier a woman's job is the more likely they are to flirt with you.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

As far as im concerned desperate filipinas are the same as hookers. My gf was quite desperate (maybe even worse than a market girl since she was unemployed and didn't come from a good family) and i don't really consider her much of a step above a hooker. Nice girl and all and probably would be loyal but its obvious when a girl only wants what you have not who you are. If there is a 20 year age gap though then you might as well go for desperate cause the educated ones wont want you. Thats sort of my goal maybe a 20 year age gap so if they are desperate its ok it comes with the territory. Im young though so it really wasn't what I wanted at the time if im gonna get used for my resources id prefer that to happen when the age and looks difference is quite extreme. id have to wait awhile to even be eligible for the 20 year gap lol (if your starting girl at 18)

they really asked your wife that? Sheesh.

And you think a desperate girl who would ask those questions of a stranger is wife material?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:As far as im concerned desperate filipinas are the same as hookers. My gf was quite desperate (maybe even worse than a market girl since she was unemployed and didn't come from a good family) and i don't really consider her much of a step above a hooker. Nice girl and all and probably would be loyal but its obvious when a girl only wants what you have not who you are. If there is a 20 year age gap though then you might as well go for desperate cause the educated ones wont want you. Thats sort of my goal maybe a 20 year age gap so if they are desperate its ok it comes with the territory. Im young though so it really wasn't what I wanted at the time if im gonna get used for my resources id prefer that to happen when the age and looks difference is quite extreme. id have to wait awhile to even be eligible for the 20 year gap lol (if your starting girl at 18)

And you think a desperate girl who would ask those questions of a stranger is wife material?
My wife used to buy pork from this one lady so she kind of knew her.

Well, your not husband material and your pretty desperate yourself, you should go down to the market with your fly unzipped.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Taco wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:As far as im concerned desperate filipinas are the same as hookers. My gf was quite desperate (maybe even worse than a market girl since she was unemployed and didn't come from a good family) and i don't really consider her much of a step above a hooker. Nice girl and all and probably would be loyal but its obvious when a girl only wants what you have not who you are. If there is a 20 year age gap though then you might as well go for desperate cause the educated ones wont want you. Thats sort of my goal maybe a 20 year age gap so if they are desperate its ok it comes with the territory. Im young though so it really wasn't what I wanted at the time if im gonna get used for my resources id prefer that to happen when the age and looks difference is quite extreme. id have to wait awhile to even be eligible for the 20 year gap lol (if your starting girl at 18)

Well, your not husband material and your pretty desperate yourself, you should go down to the market with your fly unzipped.
Id rather try a market pursuit in china where the girls are cuter and have class.

im not desperate anymore cause I wouldn't go into a market looking for a wife. Id rather be single now than look for desperate girls.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Taco wrote:

Id rather try a market pursuit in china where the girls are cuter and have class.

im not desperate anymore cause I wouldn't go into a market looking for a wife. Id rather be single now than look for desperate girls.
Walk into BDO bank and ask the classy bank teller on a date and see what kind of response you get. I dare you.

hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Taco wrote:I've had young Filipinas throwing themselves at me at many different places in the Philippines. However, I've had more Filipinas flirting with me at the public market than any where else I've been. Most of these girls only get paid a 100 pesos a day to sell rice, fruit and vegetables in a rat and roach infested place with no air conditioning. They can be rather forward, they even asked my wife if I was good in bed. If you go there and you don't have a new girlfriend in 15 minutes your doing something wrong. Which brings me to my next point.

Rule #1, The shittier a woman's job is the more likely they are to flirt with you.

Definitely!!! I always make a point to go to Greenhills in San Juan when I'm in Manila. Not necessarily a market, but it is a place where poorer girls sell clothes and electronics. Though there isn't much in the terms of looks to choose from, it does boost ones ego. Some can be quite cute but definitely no stunners. But if a guy isn't as choosy that's definitely a good place to start.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Taco wrote:
Taco wrote:

Walk into BDO bank and ask the classy bank teller on a date and see what kind of response you get. I dare you.

hahaha good point. Id rather take a simple girl than a middle class. I guess what im saying is you better be careful if the girl is higly motivated for you with just money. She beter have good character or prove that she doesn't just want to mooch off you. How can you tell its love if the girl just constantly wants to mooch?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

newlifeinphilippines wrote: She beter have good character
Females don't have character for long periods.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Cornfed wrote:
most people dont. I wont settle for less when it comes to marriage.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Cornfed wrote:
most people dont. I wont settle for less when it comes to marriage.
Good thing they have gay marriage then.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Taco wrote:
Taco wrote:

How can you tell its love if the girl just constantly wants to mooch?
She'll cook for you everyday and she'll initiate sex without being asked.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Taco wrote:I've had young Filipinas throwing themselves at me at many different places in the Philippines. However, I've had more Filipinas flirting with me at the public market than any where else I've been. Most of these girls only get paid a 100 pesos a day to sell rice, fruit and vegetables in a rat and roach infested place with no air conditioning. They can be rather forward, they even asked my wife if I was good in bed. If you go there and you don't have a new girlfriend in 15 minutes your doing something wrong. Which brings me to my next point.

Your point has an obvious corollary: the shittier a woman's job, the poorer and least educated she is likely to be, and the more likely she will be to flirt with you for the sole reason of having a get-out-of-poverty ticket for themselves and their families.

I don't know how many of you guys are so desperate on getting "notch-count" that you are prepared to find a girlfriend from the more destitute layers of Filipino society, which are coincidentally where the chance is highest to be scammed or used as a walking ATM (Ghost, Newlife?). Filipinos are extremely proud people and wouldn't even want to be seen in the company of a foreigner unless said foreigner is established in their community (by a combination of social or professional status), which reinforces the notion that only those who are at the fringes of society will resort to mingling with foreigners.

I know this is a fact of life, and I know many men will happily dive into that pool. Personally, the idea that a young and cute yet simple-minded and uneducated girl will want to hook up with me so I can provide for her and her extended family in exchange for sex is a massive turn-off. Isn't one of the biggest excitements for a man to know that a woman does have options, and he is her choice (among many)?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote: I don't know how many of you guys are so desperate on getting "notch-count" that you are prepared to find a girlfriend from the more destitute layers of Filipino society, which are coincidentally where the chance is highest to be scammed or used as a walking ATM...
I understand your point, but it is not true that there is a relation between poor and dishonest.

I know Filipinas who are very poor, but are young, single and not looking even so bad, and they would never consider to offer sex against money.

On the other side, I met many Western women, far away from poverty, and they ask for money all the time, and are ready to cheat any man.

Such behavior is related to moral values, it has nothing to do if the girl is poor or rich.
Filipinos are extremely proud people and wouldn't even want to be seen in the company of a foreigner unless said foreigner is established in their community...
People who are living next to the house of my Filipina fosterdaughter in Cebu-Mandaue know me since years, and it is true what you say.

However Filipinas in big cities, who are looking for men against money are not doing this near the place they are living. They will stay somewhere around the big hotels, resorts etc. and try to approach men in shopping malls etc.

Often such girls are not from Cebu and nobody knows them anyway and their room for sleeping is shared with other girls who are also into nightlife.

----

I agree with you that it does not really make sense to look for girls from the lowest social level for shorttime sex and even not as girlfriend for longtime. These girls all have problems and are often very dirty due to cheap housing without shower and restroom, bad hygiene and no access to good medical care, signs of malnutrition because of cheap food etc. - such girls are often very problematic, sometimes former street children and to teach them is very difficult.

It is better to invest a little bit more and to face an ordinary woman who can speak reasonable English, finished at least high school, has clean clothes, has a permanent address and a regular job. - You find such women often as sales staff in shopping malls, hotel staff, restaurant staff, elementary school teachers, nurses in clinics etc. - Such women are not really rich, but also not living in poverty, they are average people in Philippines, with own regular income between php 12000 to 25000,- something like that.

However if you have it to do with uneducated girls who are already 18+ and they are truly dumb and only into sex, it is hopeless. You cannot change them anymore. Do you want to share your rooms with a female who is an idiot?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

publicduende wrote:

Your point has an obvious corollary: the shittier a woman's job, the poorer and least educated she is likely to be, and the more likely she will be to flirt with you for the sole reason of having a get-out-of-poverty ticket for themselves and their families.

I don't know how many of you guys are so desperate on getting "notch-count" that you are prepared to find a girlfriend from the more destitute layers of Filipino society, which are coincidentally where the chance is highest to be scammed or used as a walking ATM (Ghost, Newlife?). Filipinos are extremely proud people and wouldn't even want to be seen in the company of a foreigner unless said foreigner is established in their community (by a combination of social or professional status), which reinforces the notion that only those who are at the fringes of society will resort to mingling with foreigners.

I know this is a fact of life, and I know many men will happily dive into that pool. Personally, the idea that a young and cute yet simple-minded and uneducated girl will want to hook up with me so I can provide for her and her extended family in exchange for sex is a massive turn-off. Isn't one of the biggest excitements for a man to know that a woman does have options, and he is her choice (among many)?
It's not so cut-and-dried as you imagine it to be Duende. There's a lot of cases and many possibilities, not simple at all. Individual characteristics and family characteristics vary dramatically, even within a given so-called socio economic group. Who decides to befriend foreigners or at least accept them and what sorts they will associate with is complex. There are plenty of yuppies who love to hang with the international set and dirt poor folk from squatter areas or rural provincial backwaters who wouldn't feel comfortable at all with anyone out of their immediate community. There are also some very poor girls who seek boyfriends with pure intentions and may accept a foreigner if a sincere and genuine one comes along. And there even are some very materialistic money grubbing middle class types who are not desperate or needy at all yet have corrupted values. Religion plays a role too - is she Catholic (most likely), Muslim, Iglesia, born again, or atheist/agnostic (I've actually met quite a few of the last type lol). Is her family large, small, or not intact at all? Lots of factors, lots of variables, especially in Metro Manila.

Larry Elterman's book is quite dated so a significant portion of the material is no longer fully accurate. But he did do a great job of boiling down a place as chaotic and diverse as the Philippines distilling into lot of practically useful information for the western male visitor or expat. It still might be worth reading for someone like yourself who has not spent much time in-country or Newlife, who while there, was afraid to leave his narrow comfort zone.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Rock wrote:
publicduende wrote:

It's not so cut-and-dried as you imagine it to be Duende. There's a lot of cases and many possibilities, not simple at all. Individual characteristics and family characteristics vary dramatically, even within a given so-called socio economic group. Who decides to befriend foreigners or at least accept them and what sorts they will associate with is complex. There are plenty of yuppies who love to hang with the international set and dirt poor folk from squatter areas or rural provincial backwaters who wouldn't feel comfortable at all with anyone out of their immediate community. There are also some very poor girls who seek boyfriends with pure intentions and may accept a foreigner if a sincere and genuine one comes along. And there even are some very materialistic money grubbing middle class types who are not desperate or needy at all yet have corrupted values. Religion plays a role too - is she Catholic (most likely), Muslim, Iglesia, born again, or atheist/agnostic (I've actually met quite a few of the last type lol). Is her family large, small, or not intact at all? Lots of factors, lots of variables, especially in Metro Manila.

Larry Elterman's book is quite dated so a significant portion of the material is no longer fully accurate. But he did do a great job of boiling down a place as chaotic and diverse as the Philippines distilling into lot of practically useful information for the western male visitor or expat. It still might be worth reading for someone like yourself who has not spent much time in-country or Newlife, who while there, was afraid to leave his narrow comfort zone.
+1

What's rarely acknowledged is that poverty and immorality are not the same thing. What's also rarely acknowledged is that wanting a better life does not make someone bad. Don't we all (even in the West) want a better life?

1. A Filipina wants a "better life" so she works hard to put herself through college.
2. A Filipina wants a "better life" so she works 60 hours a week.
3. And yes, a Filipina wants a "better life" so she appreciates, loves and takes good care of her husband, who helps provide such a life.

The moral degradation in the West does not allow us to understand that a poor person can be just as moral, ethical and just plain good as a rich person - and often better. But for many Westerners, who only see life through the lens of money and the things it can buy, the poor are the thieving wretches that Scrooge described. Such people will never find a "good Filipina" since they are barely open to even the possibility of such a person's existence.