Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Public Market Filipinas are the easiest

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby Taco » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:37 pm

davewe wrote:
Rock wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Taco wrote:I've had young Filipinas throwing themselves at me at many different places in the Philippines. However, I've had more Filipinas flirting with me at the public market than any where else I've been. Most of these girls only get paid a 100 pesos a day to sell rice, fruit and vegetables in a rat and roach infested place with no air conditioning. They can be rather forward, they even asked my wife if I was good in bed. If you go there and you don't have a new girlfriend in 15 minutes your doing something wrong. Which brings me to my next point.

Rule #1, The shittier a woman's job is the more likely they are to flirt with you.


Your point has an obvious corollary: the shittier a woman's job, the poorer and least educated she is likely to be, and the more likely she will be to flirt with you for the sole reason of having a get-out-of-poverty ticket for themselves and their families.

I don't know how many of you guys are so desperate on getting "notch-count" that you are prepared to find a girlfriend from the more destitute layers of Filipino society, which are coincidentally where the chance is highest to be scammed or used as a walking ATM (Ghost, Newlife?). Filipinos are extremely proud people and wouldn't even want to be seen in the company of a foreigner unless said foreigner is established in their community (by a combination of social or professional status), which reinforces the notion that only those who are at the fringes of society will resort to mingling with foreigners.

I know this is a fact of life, and I know many men will happily dive into that pool. Personally, the idea that a young and cute yet simple-minded and uneducated girl will want to hook up with me so I can provide for her and her extended family in exchange for sex is a massive turn-off. Isn't one of the biggest excitements for a man to know that a woman does have options, and he is her choice (among many)?


It's not so cut-and-dried as you imagine it to be Duende. There's a lot of cases and many possibilities, not simple at all. Individual characteristics and family characteristics vary dramatically, even within a given so-called socio economic group. Who decides to befriend foreigners or at least accept them and what sorts they will associate with is complex. There are plenty of yuppies who love to hang with the international set and dirt poor folk from squatter areas or rural provincial backwaters who wouldn't feel comfortable at all with anyone out of their immediate community. There are also some very poor girls who seek boyfriends with pure intentions and may accept a foreigner if a sincere and genuine one comes along. And there even are some very materialistic money grubbing middle class types who are not desperate or needy at all yet have corrupted values. Religion plays a role too - is she Catholic (most likely), Muslim, Iglesia, born again, or atheist/agnostic (I've actually met quite a few of the last type lol). Is her family large, small, or not intact at all? Lots of factors, lots of variables, especially in Metro Manila.

Larry Elterman's book is quite dated so a significant portion of the material is no longer fully accurate. But he did do a great job of boiling down a place as chaotic and diverse as the Philippines distilling into lot of practically useful information for the western male visitor or expat. It still might be worth reading for someone like yourself who has not spent much time in-country or Newlife, who while there, was afraid to leave his narrow comfort zone.



But for many Westerners, who only see life through the lens of money and the things it can buy, the poor are the thieving wretches that Scrooge described. Such people will never find a "good Filipina" since they are barely open to even the possibility of such a person's existence.


Very true. Relationships have a much higher success rate with poor women. Middle class and wealthy women have a divorce rate 5 times higher than poor women. "Classy women", will lead you to the slaughter house.

The common argument that crime(dishonesty) is caused by poverty is a kind of slander on the poor. - H. L. Mencken
Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero – Voltaire

We know that the next economic crash (every 7 years) is coming soon, because these crashes are deliberately timed to coincide with the U.S. presidential cycle. – Jeff Nielson
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm







Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby publicduende » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Yohan and Dave, I didn't make any association between poverty and immorality. If that's what you read, you misunderstood me.

I just said Filipinas who have options will not want to associate themselves with foreigners who haven't proved their worth in the local community. From what I have experienced in the Philippines, the notion that a foreigner will be given a big measure of credit and respect "on credit", that is before earning it, is a myth. My landlord in Davao was from one of Mindanao's top families and wanted a lot of reassurance and references before renting me his town house. I know for a fact he called the Samal hostel I used to stay on my first trip and even peeked into my Facebook and LinkedIn profiles :) Once he was happy I was a respectable person with what, at least in his eyes, was a reasonable social status and reputation, he opened up himself, his family and his social circle to me. I then went on to meet many of his peers and that, in turn, shaped my perception of Filipino society.

Rock, perhaps Filipinos in Metro Manila are slightly more used to seeing foreigners who are there for business purposes and do not associate them to negative stereotypes. Backwater and more rural places usually have less foreigners and the bulk of them are of the happy-go-lucky tourist and temporary visitor kind. As we know, (very) few of them plan to seriously settle there, date a single local woman, marry her and become a net contributor to her local community. That obviously means the negative stereotypes will be uglier and harder to crack. Conversely, though, for those who do have serious intentions and show themselves as decent, compassionate men who respect and care for their hosts as much as they would like to be respected and cared for, the rewards can be immense. I believe Outwest and yourself, Dave, have done so and are very happy with their wives and inlaws. Whether you guys choose to spend 3 or 12 months a year in the Philippines, you can certainly count on a warm extended family and a lot of friendly local people when you visit.

Given a choice, I would rather take the time and effort to smash the initial wall of mistrust and be embraced by people who I can share more with, no matter how few and far apart they are (in Davao City, they're probably less than 10% of the population), than going straight to metaphorical "public market", where a girl might well like me for my qualities, but will be all over me because she needs a ticket out of misery asap.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby publicduende » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Taco wrote:Very true. Relationships have a much higher success rate with poor women. Middle class and wealthy women have a divorce rate 5 times higher than poor women. "Classy women", will lead you to the slaughter house.


That's not a very strong argument there. Relationships have a much higher success rate when the woman is poor...perhaps because a poor woman is happier to be given a far better lifestyle and will work harder not to lose that gift from heaven?

All in all, yes, I agree that the Philippines are one of those countries where extremely smart, educated and morally sound people are barely able to make a living while upper class families are snobbish and revel in all sorts of corruption.

That's not the kind of "poor" I was referring to, though. Your OP seemed to hint at the fact that you can find a girlfriend in 15 minutes just by turning up to the local public market. Or you can take the time to get to know and impress girls who have a better status and more options. Those girls might take more care about themselves, have enough spare cash to pay for a cinema ticket or a fast food meal on a date, speak better English and have more to talk about and build a rapport. This, without necessarily being any less morally sound and good wife material as the public market girl.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby Taco » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:32 pm

publicduende wrote:
Taco wrote:Very true. Relationships have a much higher success rate with poor women. Middle class and wealthy women have a divorce rate 5 times higher than poor women. "Classy women", will lead you to the slaughter house.


Your OP seemed to hint at the fact that you can find a girlfriend in 15 minutes just by turning up to the local public market.

Or you can take the time to get to know and impress girls who have a better status and more options.


I wasn't hinting you can have a new girlfriend in 15 minutes. Its a fact, you can have a new girlfriend in 15 minutes by turning up at the local public market. I used to go to the market every morning for 6 months when I lived in Cebu so I think I qualified to comment on it. Some wives won't let their husbands go any place by themselves in Cebu.

If this guy went to market to find a woman he'd still be alive. This is what happens when you marry a woman with status and options.

Scot Young Impaled On Fence
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scot-young-tycoon-impaled-on-marylebone-railings-was-in-20m-divorce-battle-9914328.html
Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero – Voltaire

We know that the next economic crash (every 7 years) is coming soon, because these crashes are deliberately timed to coincide with the U.S. presidential cycle. – Jeff Nielson
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby publicduende » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Taco wrote:I wasn't hinting you can have a new girlfriend in 15 minutes. Its a fact, you can have a new girlfriend in 15 minutes by turning up at the local public market. I used to go to the market every morning for 6 months when I lived in Cebu so I think I qualified to comment on it. Some wives won't let their husbands go any place by themselves in Cebu.


And I accept that fact :) My question was more along the lines of: what kind of girlfriend will you be finding in the public market? Which brings us back to my initial point: why would a man worth his salt want to head straight to the bottom of the barrel if, with a bit more effort (and the fun and excitement that come with it) he can get to know a girl who, say, speaks better English, holds or is completing a good college degree, nurtures some life ambitions and whose topics of conversations stretch beyond daily regional TV celebs and her daily routine?

Taco wrote:If this guy went to market to find a woman he'd still be alive. This is what happens when you marry a woman with status and options.

Scot Young Impaled On Fence
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scot-young-tycoon-impaled-on-marylebone-railings-was-in-20m-divorce-battle-9914328.html


LOL it's all black and white with some of you guys... Either the barely-talking, submissive poor Filipina or the ruthless millionaire divorce queen slash mantis. Isn't there a world of possibilities in between? Wouldn't you be thrilled to know? ;)
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby droid » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Taco wrote:If this guy went to market to find a woman he'd still be alive. This is what happens when you marry a woman with status and options.
Scot Young Impaled On Fence
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scot-young-tycoon-impaled-on-marylebone-railings-was-in-20m-divorce-battle-9914328.html

At the time, his 49-year-old ex-wife, who sought £300m, branded the judgment “disgraceful”, claimed Mr Young was still “worth billions” and vowed to appeal in an attempt to gain a larger share.
His former wife called him a “powerful maniac who felt he could hide his vast wealth”. The couple had two children and were married for 16 years before separating in 2006.

Anglosphere dudes just don't learn!! :cry:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby Jester » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Cornfed wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Females don't have character for long periods.



most people dont. I wont settle for less when it comes to marriage.



Good thing they have gay marriage then.


:lol:
+1 for merciless British wit!
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby Jester » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:55 pm


Taco wrote:
How can you tell its love if the girl just constantly wants to mooch?



She'll cook for you everyday and she'll initiate sex without being asked.



+1
A good general rule, not just for Filipinas.

(Obviously how BLATANTLY a woman initiates sex will vary with nationality and upbringing. Some shyer, more discreet, some make it clear.)

In addition to sex and cooking, I would add if she keeps the house the way you like it (or fails to).

People give clues to what they are feeling and thinking.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby Taco » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:07 pm

publicduende wrote:
Taco wrote:I wasn't hinting you can have a new girlfriend in 15 minutes. Its a fact, you can have a new girlfriend in 15 minutes by turning up at the local public market. I used to go to the market every morning for 6 months when I lived in Cebu so I think I qualified to comment on it. Some wives won't let their husbands go any place by themselves in Cebu.


And I accept that fact :) My question was more along the lines of: what kind of girlfriend will you be finding in the public market? Which brings us back to my initial point: why would a man worth his salt want to head straight to the bottom of the barrel if, with a bit more effort (and the fun and excitement that come with it) he can get to know a girl who, say, speaks better English, holds or is completing a good college degree, nurtures some life ambitions and whose topics of conversations stretch beyond daily regional TV
Taco wrote:If this guy went to market to find a woman he'd still be alive. This is what happens when you marry a woman with status and options.

Scot Young Impaled On Fence
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scot-young-tycoon-impaled-on-marylebone-railings-was-in-20m-divorce-battle-9914328.html
celebs and her daily routine?


LOL it's all black and white with some of you guys... Either the barely-talking, submissive poor Filipina or the ruthless millionaire divorce queen slash mantis. Isn't there a world of possibilities in between? Wouldn't you be thrilled to know? ;)


I remember one Filipina that worked at a hardware store at the market. She was an English major and spoke the best English of anyone that worked there, she wasn't very friendly.

However, I did have a hot Filipina college student try to pick me up while I was riding on a bus once. She lived in a bamboo hut 20 km outside of town. I really needed a cold shower after talking to her. She looked like this.

Image
Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero – Voltaire

We know that the next economic crash (every 7 years) is coming soon, because these crashes are deliberately timed to coincide with the U.S. presidential cycle. – Jeff Nielson
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Taco wrote:
She'll cook for you everyday and she'll initiate sex without being asked.



The bargirl did would cook and cater to me with a smile but she really didn't initiate sex it was usually my idea. but sometimes she would but it was more of a mutual idea. The gf i had this last year never initiated at all or even came close and it was a pain to get her to do chorse, but she would massage me. So i guess by that standard then both of those girls failed. But i heard most filipinas wont initiate maybe to what are definition is so are you saying most guys wives here are not worthy?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby Jester » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Great OP, Taco. Thanks for posting. The pics help too. We have markets like this in Mexico, but the women are NOT forward. I tried to hit on one, unsuccessfully. But I was being totally pro-active, "opening the set". No encouragement at all.

So this info about the Phils is massively useful.

It should be no surprise that some people's first instinct is to try to shut down the idea, and lay on us the whole trip about "you need to be a corporate type, and thus meet other corporate types by staying there forever, and that way you can meet a woman who is an 'equal' ".

Some men will settle for less tha an "equal".

But haters gonna hate.

Taco wrote:
Rule #1, The shittier a woman's job is the more likely they are to flirt with you.




Thinking about this, I would broaden it a bit. The more a woman looks around her and sees no "candidates", and/or the more bored she is, the more likely she is to flirt with you. In any environment, not just on the job.

"Are you 'the One' who is going to take me away from all of this?"


But anyway, yes, probably on the job (their job, in retail) is going to be a great place to encounter "good girls", because mama and papa aren't around to keep her on the leash.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:36 pm

publicduende wrote:
Taco wrote:I've had young Filipinas throwing themselves at me at many different places in the Philippines. However, I've had more Filipinas flirting with me at the public market than any where else I've been. Most of these girls only get paid a 100 pesos a day to sell rice, fruit and vegetables in a rat and roach infested place with no air conditioning. They can be rather forward, they even asked my wife if I was good in bed. If you go there and you don't have a new girlfriend in 15 minutes your doing something wrong. Which brings me to my next point.

Rule #1, The shittier a woman's job is the more likely they are to flirt with you.


Your point has an obvious corollary: the shittier a woman's job, the poorer and least educated she is likely to be, and the more likely she will be to flirt with you for the sole reason of having a get-out-of-poverty ticket for themselves and their families.

I don't know how many of you guys are so desperate on getting "notch-count" that you are prepared to find a girlfriend from the more destitute layers of Filipino society, which are coincidentally where the chance is highest to be scammed or used as a walking ATM (Ghost, Newlife?). Filipinos are extremely proud people and wouldn't even want to be seen in the company of a foreigner unless said foreigner is established in their community (by a combination of social or professional status), which reinforces the notion that only those who are at the fringes of society will resort to mingling with foreigners.

I know this is a fact of life, and I know many men will happily dive into that pool. Personally, the idea that a young and cute yet simple-minded and uneducated girl will want to hook up with me so I can provide for her and her extended family in exchange for sex is a massive turn-off. Isn't one of the biggest excitements for a man to know that a woman does have options, and he is her choice (among many)?



Good point but alot of us are ugly and uncharismatic anyways so why turn away a 18 year old hot woman because she is poor or simple minded? I actually like simple minded easygoing women. But for me when looking for marriage she better have the same interests and religion and someone who i can trust that just doesn't want to spend all my money without a care for me thats important. Its a delicate balance thats for sure?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby publicduende » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Jester wrote:
Taco wrote:Rule #1, The shittier a woman's job is the more likely they are to flirt with you.


Thinking about this, I would broaden it a bit. The more a woman looks around her and sees no "candidates", and/or the more bored she is, the more likely she is to flirt with you. In any environment, not just on the job.

"Are you 'the One' who is going to take me away from all of this?"


But anyway, yes, probably on the job (their job, in retail) is going to be a great place to encounter "good girls", because mama and papa aren't around to keep her on the leash.


I may agree with you Jes, but don't forget one thing: being the good South Eastern Asians they are, Filipinos will not marry down. Believe me, the young girls who are a real catch from a native Filipino point of view won't remain bored for very long, in fact they will have a boyfriend from a comparably good socio-economic background and will be married soon after they finish college, at 20 or 21.

If, as you say, a Pinay looks around her and sees no better than jumping on a foreigner, it's because it's either the foreign old man, or the same-age lazy bum Filipino "market boy" who will marry her and then go on to get a random 18-yo pregnant and disappear.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby publicduende » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:11 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Good point but alot of us are ugly and uncharismatic anyways so why turn away a 18 year old hot woman because she is poor or simple minded? I actually like simple minded easygoing women. But for me when looking for marriage she better have the same interests and religion and someone who i can trust that just doesn't want to spend all my money without a care for me thats important. Its a delicate balance thats for sure?


Ugliness and lack of personality/charisma isn't the problem. If a girl is hot but miles away from your way of reasoning, seeing the world and making life-sized decisions, you would get seriously bored and frustrated once the proverbial honeymoon is over. That's of course my personal preference. If I am to spend a significant portion of my life with the same person, I should feel engaged, intellectually just as much (and even more, over time) as physically and sexually.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:21 pm

publicduende wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Good point but alot of us are ugly and uncharismatic anyways so why turn away a 18 year old hot woman because she is poor or simple minded? I actually like simple minded easygoing women. But for me when looking for marriage she better have the same interests and religion and someone who i can trust that just doesn't want to spend all my money without a care for me thats important. Its a delicate balance thats for sure?


Ugliness and lack of personality/charisma isn't the problem. If a girl is hot but miles away from your way of reasoning, seeing the world and making life-sized decisions, you would get seriously bored and frustrated once the proverbial honeymoon is over. That's of course my personal preference. If I am to spend a significant portion of my life with the same person, I should feel engaged, intellectually just as much (and even more, over time) as physically and sexually.


that was a big issue with the gf we had no connection on any spiritual or everyday level it was more like a maid/buddy buddy type relationship than a romance for me. The bargirl there was a sexual and everyday connection but nothing on the spiritual or even intellectual level. so both were emotionally unfulfilling for me. Id imagine that while being married to the bargirl would have been awesome the honeymoon would have worn off in a couple years or at leats when her looks faded completely and then id be one miseable person. The best question to ask is, if their looks changed in 5 to 10 years would you have regretted marrying them?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests