Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Public Market Filipinas are the easiest

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Canadian
Freshman Poster

Re: Public Market Filipinas are the easiest

Post by Canadian » January 5th, 2015, 4:10 am

Back to the topic about public markets.. I just dropped my middle class gf to work at her office here in Cebu and decided to check public market in Colon.
Yeah, girls were smiling at me but I cannot imagine sleeping with any of them. If I wanted I could meet some of them.. But I haven't seen any girl who was really good looking. They are very low class, bad teeth, short, bad skin etc.
I just don't see why a good looking girl would work there for 100 pesos if she can easily get a job at the mall and get 340 pesos a day.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco » January 5th, 2015, 6:44 am

Canadian wrote:Back to the topic about public markets.. I just dropped my middle class gf to work at her office here in Cebu and decided to check public market in Colon.
Yeah, girls were smiling at me but I cannot imagine sleeping with any of them. If I wanted I could meet some of them.. But I haven't seen any girl who was really good looking. They are very low class, bad teeth, short, bad skin etc.
I just don't see why a good looking girl would work there for 100 pesos if she can easily get a job at the mall and get 340 pesos a day.
In the smaller cities there's fewer mall jobs which means the quality of women that work at the market is better. Most of the them are average but I've seen a few 7 and 8's.
“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester » January 5th, 2015, 7:10 pm

Taco wrote:
In the smaller cities there's fewer mall jobs which means the quality of women that work at the market is better. Most of the them are average but I've seen a few 7 and 8's.
:idea:

Maybe a small-city strategy is going to be the best in MANY countries. Interesting.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola » March 3rd, 2015, 11:27 am

banker78 wrote:Looking for Filipino women in the public market? talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. Look guys, these women from the provinces are dirt poor and 99% of them view expats/foreigners (read: Caucasians and Japanese) as nothing more than their meal ticket out of the poverty train. If you are just looking to pump and dump, you are better off with prostitutes, you pay them for their services and its done. If you go for women in public markets, who are almost certainly in or below the poverty line and decide to start a relationship with them, be prepared to support their entire barangay (family, extended family) who are eager to sponge off you. Harsh but true.
Harsh? Yes. True? Not so much.

In my experience city girls are typically a lot more materialistic then provincial girls, many of whom are uncomplicated, simple, honest and good-natured. There will always be those eager to get your wallet, and certainly your (comparative) wealth will up your status and chances, but there's more to it then financial transactions. And at least with a market girl you can hit it off and make a genuine connection that is based on personal chemistry, rather then be expected to pay up right away as with a prostitute. In the most negative scenario, the girl WILL indeed ask for money, but only after playing the role of infatuated girlfriend for a while.

If they ask to lend money almost right away, move on and forget about them. You are not a walking ATM machine, unless you allow yourself to be seen and treated as one. Chances are she'll still stick to you anyway, because of the novelty and because there's a certain boost to her and her family's status for having a white (or Korean, or Japanese, or Indian) son-in-law. You'll be seen as interesting in the smaller villages, where many young kids haven't seen a white person in person in their entire lives. Before globalization ruins this exotic factor for you by exposing more and more Filipinos to foreign TV and pop culture, go out now and get what you can is my advice. ;)

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe » March 3rd, 2015, 6:19 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
banker78 wrote:Looking for Filipino women in the public market? talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. Look guys, these women from the provinces are dirt poor and 99% of them view expats/foreigners (read: Caucasians and Japanese) as nothing more than their meal ticket out of the poverty train. If you are just looking to pump and dump, you are better off with prostitutes, you pay them for their services and its done. If you go for women in public markets, who are almost certainly in or below the poverty line and decide to start a relationship with them, be prepared to support their entire barangay (family, extended family) who are eager to sponge off you. Harsh but true.
Harsh? Yes. True? Not so much.

In my experience city girls are typically a lot more materialistic then provincial girls, many of whom are uncomplicated, simple, honest and good-natured. There will always be those eager to get your wallet, and certainly your (comparative) wealth will up your status and chances, but there's more to it then financial transactions. And at least with a market girl you can hit it off and make a genuine connection that is based on personal chemistry, rather then be expected to pay up right away as with a prostitute. In the most negative scenario, the girl WILL indeed ask for money, but only after playing the role of infatuated girlfriend for a while.

If they ask to lend money almost right away, move on and forget about them. You are not a walking ATM machine, unless you allow yourself to be seen and treated as one. Chances are she'll still stick to you anyway, because of the novelty and because there's a certain boost to her and her family's status for having a white (or Korean, or Japanese, or Indian) son-in-law. You'll be seen as interesting in the smaller villages, where many young kids haven't seen a white person in person in their entire lives. Before globalization ruins this exotic factor for you by exposing more and more Filipinos to foreign TV and pop culture, go out now and get what you can is my advice. ;)
The guy you're quoting joins today, makes 2 posts, both about the Philippines and both negative. Not even an introductory post.

Call me suspicious but Is it possible that we don't need an introductory post - cause we already know who this is? Just speculating :)

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid » March 3rd, 2015, 8:43 pm

davewe wrote:Call me suspicious but Is it possible that we don't need an introductory post - cause we already know who this is? Just speculating :)
hilarious stuff!
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola » March 4th, 2015, 1:27 pm

droid wrote:
davewe wrote:Call me suspicious but Is it possible that we don't need an introductory post - cause we already know who this is? Just speculating :)
hilarious stuff!
And yet suddenly - MYSTERIOUSLY! - the post by the new guy I replied to, has disappeared. Illuminati, anyone? :o

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe » March 4th, 2015, 6:32 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
droid wrote:
hilarious stuff!
And yet suddenly - MYSTERIOUSLY! - the post by the new guy I replied to, has disappeared. Illuminati, anyone? :o
Perhaps he's decided it's time to have a "New Life" :)

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Re: Public Market Filipinas

Post by Mr S » March 7th, 2015, 7:10 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
davewe wrote:
Taco wrote:
I agree. There's a big difference between the behaviour of Luzon women and Cebu women, that's for sure.

Women equate status with wealth. So the less money they have means the more status you have. Luzon women have more money generally speaking so they are more likely to look down on you. These are only generalizations so individual results may vary.

Luzon Women: more arrogant, bitchy, colder, they get mad more often, sense of entitlement, more controlling, expensive etc...

Cebu Women: more down to earth, easier to please, don't complain much, overjoyed if you ask them on a date or give them gifts, like getting love letters which makes them very horny
This is a gross generalization and yet there is some truth to it. The difference between Luzon women and Cebu women (or all the Visayas) is not just economic. It's language and culture. Even where I live in the US, knowing 100+ Filipinas there is a distinct tension between the two groups. Doesn't have anything to do with money since at this point they are all married to "rich kanos." You have to get deep into the culture to understand the dislikes and differences between the two; deeper than I can fully comprehend.

For me the decision was easier. Since I didn't like Manila, I didn't pursue women there. OK, I take that back - there was one. But seriously, whether you are going for a quick or extended vacation or moving to PI, first select a place you like - the girls will be in any place you choose.

Filipinas are complete idiots so who cares what they think. We know there is no differene between any of them they are all the same.

Ha, ha, ha, ha....No comment :lol: Is the Fiction about them stranger than the Truth?
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.