India - Any opinions?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: India - Any opinions?

Post by starchild5 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
starchild5 wrote:
starchild5 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:starchild, Nagaland looks like its better than philippines. I think that may be my new future home :D Im glad i researched india.
Its most a tribal, extremist, mountainous region, except for natural beauty, there are no Human contact. You will be hard pressed to find a decent life there..its good for travelling not for staying :lol:

Next time I hit manila (whenever that may be it might be a few years) im not even stopping there for a rest. Im heading west my friend to India :)

Its impossible to live in india no matter where you are at cause only 6 month visas given out and i never said i wanted to live in India i was joking on the living part but this place looks like the perfect place for me moreso than dirty philippines full of catholics and ugly people with no class and culture and a bunch of sluts and selfies. T he women here in nagaland india are my religion and they are so beautiful.

Its most 2 million baptist and they speak english very westernized and its not hot like t he rest of india. They even have a church in new delhi of people from this state and the women are all chinese and beautiful looking and classy church would be nice to visit the church in new delhi also. Ill probably go here first if i travel to india. I may visit mainland india but this place looks like a paradise of hot women, and baptist and its nice and cool up there i hate the sweltering heat of southern india.
Nagaland had lots of tribes, which were converted into Christianity by Missionaries. The landscape is very beautiful. The only equation I thought you would find very hard is lack of infrastructure ....yes India is bad, but nagaland is very remote...Since, its your first time, you would have difficulty navigating to Nagaland.....but if you are determined...It can be done....:)

my new work may be doing better than i expected so i may be able to go as soon as 2016 if it keeps doing good but well see im not sure but i would love to go when i can afford it.

Most people wouldn't hassle with that area but I have many good reasons to go there so yes it will be worth it. I wouldn't want to spend my entire trip there alone so maybe if i dont like it too much or want a change of pace i could check out west and southern india for awhile and then go back to it or stay in southwestern india. Just depends i wont know till i get there but from my research Nagaland looks to be the place i should head to first after landing in new delhi for maybe a few days to acclimate myself to the culture. I probably would want to stay in new delhi for a few days just to get used from a long flight? Is new delhi dangerous or whats the story on that place? Come to think of it that baptist church full of people from nagaland is in New Delhi so thats probably where I should head first to get myself situated :)

Is it expensive to travel all over the country by bus or train? Were talking hundreds of kilometers
As I mentioned above. India is very very cheap. You wont have any issues with money. It is the cheapest place to travel on earth. Delhi is not so dangerous from Men,,,,,for women..Its not that safe.....Like every metro city...You need to plan it well in advance..have a taxi, hotel booked for you well in advance and you would do fine.

As i said. If you spend a bit more than usual Back packers..You can really travel in India like an Indian Prince :)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

starchild5 wrote: Indians in America and Europe are very peaceful and don't create any trouble....

People from India are also not known to create any trouble here in Japan.

In general they do not mix up with the local population, they operate their own shops, restaurants, schools...looking for wives from their own country...

All of them seem to be intelligent, have a regular job, like banking, trade, IT - nothing known to me about illegals, no criminality...

One Indian man told me a while ago in Tokyo in the Indian restaurant I eat since many years, this is because India can be very restrictive to its people leaving India.

They just don't let people out so easily - without proper documentation no chance for a passport, without money in your wallet and valid visa in your passport no way to board an airplane to a far away destination like Japan.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Yohan wrote:
starchild5 wrote: Indians in America and Europe are very peaceful and don't create any trouble....

People from India are also not known to create any trouble here in Japan.

In general they do not mix up with the local population, they operate their own shops, restaurants, schools...looking for wives from their own country...

All of them seem to be intelligent, have a regular job, like banking, trade, IT - nothing known to me about illegals, no criminality...

One Indian man told me a while ago in Tokyo in the Indian restaurant I eat since many years, this is because India can be very restrictive to its people leaving India.

They just don't let people out so easily - without proper documentation no chance for a passport, without money in your wallet and valid visa in your passport no way to board an airplane to a far away destination like Japan.
There is one particular community in India..The Tamil..who are extremely smart. The five time world chess champion Anand is from Tamil community...most of the IT guys are from that state.

Indian Americans are the highest income group in America....They give much importance to academics. Yes. Indians are stingy, smelly but never violent :)

However, now a days....Indians are also becoming singular...Good at only one thing like family or IT...In India also, divorce cases are on the rise....Western influence is slowly eroding the DNA :)
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Starchild do any indian women go on dating sites? Is it true that indian women wont date or is that only for hindus and muslims that dont live in the city? who does that arranged marriages?

Yeah you may be right that nagaland shouldn't be the first place to go but i would go to new delhi first which is the center of action so id get a feel of mainland india and then if i dont like nagaland i could always go to goa or kerala after that. but i think going to nagaland would be a place for me to go t here first. They seem open like filipinos :)
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Starchild do any indian women go on dating sites? Is it true that indian women wont date or is that only for hindus and muslims that dont live in the city? who does that arranged marriages?

Yeah you may be right that nagaland shouldn't be the first place to go but i would go to new delhi first which is the center of action so id get a feel of mainland india and then if i dont like nagaland i could always go to goa or kerala after that. but i think going to nagaland would be a place for me to go t here first. They seem open like filipinos :)
India is changing a lot. Now, we have more love marriages than arranged marriage. In big cities dating is very common now. The problem is me in that...I'm too impatient plus age is fast catching upto me, so I don't like the dating scene in India, as it does not offer One Nights Stands like in Philippines or Germany :)

If you are looking for love, simple dating, and as you are white, you may get laid as well, if stars line up on your trip to India :)

Go here...www.shaadi.com //Its the largest Indian marriage site....You can get lots of date but its a paid site...you have to pay around 50 dollars per month to send message....Its basically oriented towards marriage but you can meet Indian women a lot there even from USA....

Im just not much into Indian women..yeah grass is greener on the other side thingy has effected me.....

As crazy as it sounds.....I'm more attracted to bitchy American women types :lol: :lol: ...I'm crazy about white women who are bitchy and fake :) who would just use me for money, no strings attached, live in relationship, who would live me once I'm out of money deal :lol: ....

The thing is...Here in India...you get women..who do as they are told..They obey you, follow you as required, take care of family and kids etc....much like filipina women......It just gets boring..mundane, monotonous ...Good for marriage deal but not for thrill, excitement and drama ...

Not for long term relationship though....because, I can always fall back to Indian women or filipina, when I'm serious as I'm this year to settle down :)

As you are following a different ideals than me...You would be easily able to find an Indian women in that site.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

starchild5 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Starchild do any indian women go on dating sites? Is it true that indian women wont date or is that only for hindus and muslims that dont live in the city? who does that arranged marriages?

India is changing a lot. Now, we have more love marriages than arranged marriage. In big cities dating is very common now. The problem is me in that...I'm too impatient plus age is fast catching upto me, so I don't like the dating scene in India, as it does not offer One Nights Stands like in Philippines or Germany :)

If you are looking for love, simple dating, and as you are white, you may get laid as well, if stars line up on your trip to India :)

Go here...www.shaadi.com //Its the largest Indian marriage site....You can get lots of date but its a paid site...you have to pay around 50 dollars per month to send message....Its basically oriented towards marriage but you can meet Indian women a lot there even from USA....

Im just not much into Indian women..yeah grass is greener on the other side thingy has effected me.....

As crazy as it sounds.....I'm more attracted to bitchy American women types :lol: :lol: ...I'm crazy about white women who are bitchy and fake :) who would just use me for money, no strings attached, live in relationship, who would live me once I'm out of money deal :lol: ....

The thing is...Here in India...you get women..who do as they are told..They obey you, follow you as required, take care of family and kids etc....much like filipina women......It just gets boring..mundane, monotonous ...Good for marriage deal but not for thrill, excitement and drama ...

Not for long term relationship though....because, I can always fall back to Indian women or filipina, when I'm serious as I'm this year to settle down :)

As you are following a different ideals than me...You would be easily able to find an Indian women in that site.
Honestly I hope India never opens up to mongers or westerners too much. Missionaries and christianity yes but not mongers and other types like that. I trust indian women and people more than filipina. Also love the class and dignity they carry themselves with. Nagaland seems to have filipina like indians though in looks and attitude and its heavily baptist and nice mountains away from the heat so I think that would be where I go first. But the thing about New delhi is they have a church there for people from nagaland so it would help me get introduced to the culture there and also of mainland India culture. I think basically the only way Ill know what I want is until i get there but basically i think the focus of my trip will be goa/kerala and nagaland for the bulk of my stay. I may go into other areas to sightsee if i have time but most of the stuff is out of the way of those areas which is ok i dont need to sightsee everything unless i find a nice girlfriend or wife material then i may do more sightseeing than i normally would. If you're on a budget you can't go too far constantly cause the costs are too much so thats why i want to focus on nagaland and kerala/goa so im not wasting tons of money going from place to place cause India is so huge.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

starchild i think you may be right about naga its all mountains and very tribal etc. Gordon ramsey said it was dangerous he di a show going to nagalands and its very hard to get too and way too remote. It wouldn't be a good place to dive into the culture and excitement and it would be too hard to get around. Maybe it would be better to go to goa and kerala first from new delhi. It would be too bizarre to go there first without exploring regular india.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:starchild i think you may be right about naga its all mountains and very tribal etc. Gordon ramsey said it was dangerous he di a show going to nagalands and its very hard to get too and way too remote. It wouldn't be a good place to dive into the culture and excitement and it would be too hard to get around. Maybe it would be better to go to goa and kerala first from new delhi. It would be too bizarre to go there first without exploring regular india.
Yeah...That's what I was saying....You can try Assam though...Closer to Nagaland but not remote and the culture is a lot identical, also meghalaya....Shilong is the capital city and its the Rock capital to India...Many legendary rock stars from the west performed there

http://www.hindustantimes.com/music/is- ... 84966.aspx

The whole east of India is way ahead in Music scene and are hip with Kpop.....Meghalaya and Assam is used to lots of foreigners.

I would suggest you go to Rajasthan from Delhi and from there to Kerala....Goa nothing is there....Instead of Goa go to Rajasthan....

Rajasthan has the richest culture of India...Its THE place to be if you go to India....The Gypsies of the west came from here...Its a must visit place, if you really want to expand experience on life....
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

starchild5 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:starchild i think you may be right about naga its all mountains and very tribal etc. Gordon ramsey said it was dangerous he di a show going to nagalands and its very hard to get too and way too remote. It wouldn't be a good place to dive into the culture and excitement and it would be too hard to get around. Maybe it would be better to go to goa and kerala first from new delhi. It would be too bizarre to go there first without exploring regular india.

Yeah...That's what I was saying....You can try Assam though...Closer to Nagaland but not remote and the culture is a lot identical, also meghalaya....Shilong is the capital city and its the Rock capital to India...Many legendary rock stars from the west performed there

http://www.hindustantimes.com/music/is- ... 84966.aspx

The whole east of India is way ahead in Music scene and are hip with Kpop.....Meghalaya and Assam is used to lots of foreigners.

I would suggest you go to Rajasthan from Delhi and from there to Kerala....Goa nothing is there....Instead of Goa go to Rajasthan....

Rajasthan has the richest culture of India...Its THE place to be if you go to India....The Gypsies of the west came from here...Its a must visit place, if you really want to expand experience on life....

Interesting meghalaya is 70 percent christian but mostly presbytarian and catholic (baptist is close to presbytarian though so not that huge of a deal) and it looks to be more level ground? Nagaland is all in a high mountain so tough to get around. Maybe meghalaya is where i should go. Maybe more comfortable a spot for me to try? It doesnt look like much is happening though there so maybe mainland india would be where i go first. Im thinking east india would be better once someone has been in India for a few weeks at least it wouldn't be the best place to start your trip?

There is a baptist church in Goa i talking to the g uy on youtube and Goa seem very foreigner friendly in general and its between delhi and kerala so i was thinking that would be a good place to maybe stay for awhile. some say its not the real india but im just a first time visitor so it helps if i can find some familiarity somewhere.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Interesting meghalaya is 70 percent christian but mostly presbytarian and catholic (baptist is close to presbytarian though so not that huge of a deal) and it looks to be more level ground? Nagaland is all in a high mountain so tough to get around. Maybe meghalaya is where i should go. Maybe more comfortable a spot for me to try? It doesnt look like much is happening though there so maybe mainland india would be where i go first. Im thinking east india would be better once someone has been in India for a few weeks at least it wouldn't be the best place to start your trip?

There is a baptist church in Goa i talking to the g uy on youtube and Goa seem very foreigner friendly in general and its between delhi and kerala so i was thinking that would be a good place to maybe stay for awhile. some say its not the real india but im just a first time visitor so it helps if i can find some familiarity somewhere.
yeah...meghalaya gets lots of tourist in general.....The whole of east India has a very natural laid back atmosphere only issue is infrastructure and the remoteness of it..not advised on your very first trip......Once you familier with the domain called India...You can then go and explore remote parts of India.

As I said ..Its your first time...Its not even like Philippines...Its much lower than Philippines in terms of infrastructure and general english speaking people, food etc..Its a totally different atmosphere you would be in....

Once, you land in Delhi...go to Rajasthan, then goa and then Kerala...You would have seen what India is like....Once you get the whole vibe of India ..then you can travel to East India...
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

starchild5 wrote:

yeah...meghalaya gets lots of tourist in general.....The whole of east India has a very natural laid back atmosphere only issue is infrastructure and the remoteness of it..not advised on your very first trip......Once you familier with the domain called India...You can then go and explore remote parts of India.

As I said ..Its your first time...Its not even like Philippines...Its much lower than Philippines in terms of infrastructure and general english speaking people, food etc..Its a totally different atmosphere you would be in....

Once, you land in Delhi...go to Rajasthan, then goa and then Kerala...You would have seen what India is like....Once you get the whole vibe of India ..then you can travel to East India...

Aww interesting after you said it was near new delhi i just realized rajastan is right next to new delhi so yeah id wind up going through it anways on my way to goa. So yea probably should stay in new delhi for awhile and acclimate to the culture and life and then once i get bored or want to move on then i can check out rajastan. Then go directly to goa. Im not sure about kerala cause its a bit remote and not sure how good the beaches are. I may just go to kerala to do short sightseeing for awhile and then go back to Goa. East india may be soething i do at the end of the trip if i have time and feel like exploring.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

starchild5 wrote:

Aww interesting after you said it was near new delhi i just realized rajastan is right next to new delhi so yeah id wind up going through it anways on my way to goa. So yea probably should stay in new delhi for awhile and acclimate to the culture and life and then once i get bored or want to move on then i can check out rajastan. Then go directly to goa. Im not sure about kerala cause its a bit remote and not sure how good the beaches are. I may just go to kerala to do short sightseeing for awhile and then go back to Goa. East india may be soething i do at the end of the trip if i have time and feel like exploring.
That's the best route to take.....you would have covered every major destination in India with the above plan
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

What do you know about Nagaland? It is right next to Myanmar. The girls look like Myanmar or Chinese. What is their affinity for Western men? Any more than the rest of India. They don't look like Indians.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

WorldTraveler wrote:What do you know about Nagaland? It is right next to Myanmar. The girls look like Myanmar or Chinese. What is their affinity for Western men? Any more than the rest of India. They don't look like Indians.
Yes. They have Chinese facial features. As I wrote earlier, the present day India was created to suit the needs of British who ruled India. They combined all the parts for the trade links. Nagaland was not really part of India, they look and behave more like east Asians. Kpop is very popular, Chinese food etc in Nagaland.

Western man has more chances there much like they will have in Burma or Thailand but the whole Indian vibe is suppressing for them to be that fee like in Thailand.

Its like how they did to Native Americans...There were many tribes, they either killed them off and then joined the entire north American continent into America and Canada etc.

India is not what they say in lame stream. Gandhi was not the good guy as portrayed in the west. If you believe in Gandhi being a good guy, you are being brainwashed by the main stream.

You may not have even heard of these names. Subash Chandra Bose, Bhagat Singh..They were the real heroes of India, purged by the elites never to be heard again.

DO NOT BELIEVE IN MAIN STREAM....What your instinct told you about nagaland when looking at these people is the right one.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

have you been to burma? Burma is quite backwards probably one of the most poorerst and backward places. Aren't most of them buddhist there? I guess if your into buddhism and hippie backpacker living maybe someone might like burma.