Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Where next for Xiongmao... South Korea, Vietnam or... Where?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Where next for Xiongmao... South Korea, Vietnam or... Where?

Postby xiongmao » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:49 pm

Hi guys,

I gotta take a couple of weeks vacation in Feb/March and I'm not sure where to go.

I'd love to go to Japan again, but I might leave that for now as I could go there to teach/study later in the year.

Looking at Expedia Vietnam and South Korea are very affordable (costing around the same as a trip to Thailand would cost).

So where should I go? Vietnam has good food but I'd probably get fed up with the motorbikes and rain.

South Korea is a little visited country, but Seoul could be bitterly cold that time of year. According to Wikipedia it could be anything between +23 and -15C.

Has anyone been to South Korea? I like Korean food and the Koreans on my course in China were very friendly. But I'm not sure how easy it would be to do stuff without knowing any of the language at all.

I don't really have any plans to do any dating in these countries, but I'll certainly check out the women for you guys! Also I would like to check out both countries as they have possibilities for teaching English.

P.S. Yes I will go abroad again for longer, but due to family commitments I gotta wait till at least September.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Where next for Xiongmao... South Korea, Vietnam or... Wh

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:21 pm

xiongmao wrote:Hi guys,

I gotta take a couple of weeks vacation in Feb/March and I'm not sure where to go.

I'd love to go to Japan again, but I might leave that for now as I could go there to teach/study later in the year.

Looking at Expedia Vietnam and South Korea are very affordable (costing around the same as a trip to Thailand would cost).

So where should I go? Vietnam has good food but I'd probably get fed up with the motorbikes and rain.

South Korea is a little visited country, but Seoul could be bitterly cold that time of year. According to Wikipedia it could be anything between +23 and -15C.

Has anyone been to South Korea? I like Korean food and the Koreans on my course in China were very friendly. But I'm not sure how easy it would be to do stuff without knowing any of the language at all.

I don't really have any plans to do any dating in these countries, but I'll certainly check out the women for you guys! Also I would like to check out both countries as they have possibilities for teaching English.

P.S. Yes I will go abroad again for longer, but due to family commitments I gotta wait till at least September.

Come-on man. I've been to Seoul in the winter and it's dreadful! The only interesting thing to do is ski and by late Feb or March you're probably a bit too late for that. Go to Vietnam and get a break from the London cold. It's easy, cheap, and delightful in HCMC. If nothing else, a holiday should at least be break from Farangland cold.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Where next for Xiongmao... South Korea, Vietnam or... Wh

Postby Traveler » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:46 pm

Koreans spend a ton on English education. I wouldn't worry too much about the language barrier. I'd still prefer to vacation in Vietnam. Vietnam has better weather, is less homogeneous than Korea (Korea can look the same no matter where you go), and the people are more friendly and less xenophobic (at least in the south).
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand