Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Old age, babies, and funerals (mine) in Phils

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Old age, babies, and funerals (mine) in Phils

Postby davewe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:54 pm

Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Old age, babies, and funerals (mine) in Phils

Postby Devil Dog » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:33 pm

Good article.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Postby publicduende » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:05 pm

Dave, count me among the more aficionados of your readership. Your blog is always the perfect mix between informative, evocative and tongue-in-cheek. Good for you and your sweeter half! ;)
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:00 am

I worry a little about this funeral stuff, if I die in some remote place. There is a place for me in my family plot at Forest Lawn, but I dont think they allow ashes in tht section. And transporting my intact corpse back from Timbuktu would be crazy expensive.

If up to me they would plant me in some cheap local graveyard wherever I expire. Maybe even the $12 a year one. Then let my family hold a big boo-hoo service in church, and drink afterwards. And try not to fight.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Signet » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:07 am

This is probably my second favorite blog on the internet (I don't comment a ton, because every entry seems so complete...and because I'm not in that situation, so I can't really add much). Your writing is so...balanced. You don't make it a shrine to your complaining, I never feel like you have fallen off into some ridiculous new obsession/tangent, there are always good observations about people and culture, and some humor.

As for the subject, it's an easy one for me: I wish to be cremated, and my ashes thrown into the faces of my enemies.
Signet
Freshman Poster

Postby davewe » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks all! I'm blushing here.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand