Old age, babies, and funerals (mine) in Phils

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Old age, babies, and funerals (mine) in Phils

Post by davewe »

Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Re: Old age, babies, and funerals (mine) in Phils

Post by Devil Dog »

Good article.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Dave, count me among the more aficionados of your readership. Your blog is always the perfect mix between informative, evocative and tongue-in-cheek. Good for you and your sweeter half! ;)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I worry a little about this funeral stuff, if I die in some remote place. There is a place for me in my family plot at Forest Lawn, but I dont think they allow ashes in tht section. And transporting my intact corpse back from Timbuktu would be crazy expensive.

If up to me they would plant me in some cheap local graveyard wherever I expire. Maybe even the $12 a year one. Then let my family hold a big boo-hoo service in church, and drink afterwards. And try not to fight.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Signet
Freshman Poster

Post by Signet »

This is probably my second favorite blog on the internet (I don't comment a ton, because every entry seems so complete...and because I'm not in that situation, so I can't really add much). Your writing is so...balanced. You don't make it a shrine to your complaining, I never feel like you have fallen off into some ridiculous new obsession/tangent, there are always good observations about people and culture, and some humor.

As for the subject, it's an easy one for me: I wish to be cremated, and my ashes thrown into the faces of my enemies.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Thanks all! I'm blushing here.