Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

If a Chinese woman insists on splitting the bill...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

If a Chinese woman insists on splitting the bill...

Postby Malcolm Z » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:28 am

Is she not interested? From my experience, chinese women who want to go dutch want to make it clear that they don't see you as a viable romantic candidate, but I'm not quite sure if it is a Chinese custom or not. I was hoping some members with more experience could clue me in.
Malcolm Z
Freshman Poster

Re: If a Chinese woman insists on splitting the bill...

Postby Malcolm Z » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:50 am

One of the girls is from Sichuan... Is it customary there to split the bill or was she purely not interested?
Malcolm Z
Freshman Poster

Postby Signet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:43 am

It almost certainly means she is not interested. I have not been to China (yet!), but I know several Chinese girls from Sichuan and Chongqing, and not one, but two of them told me this specifically. One of them was trying to get me to date her cousin who had gotten to the U.S. just a couple days before and was 'schooling' me on Chinese dating etiquette; I don't remember how it came up with the other, I just remember thinking 'oh yeah,' because I had heard it before.
Signet
Freshman Poster

Postby Malcolm Z » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 pm

Signet wrote:It almost certainly means she is not interested. I have not been to China (yet!), but I know several Chinese girls from Sichuan and Chongqing, and not one, but two of them told me this specifically. One of them was trying to get me to date her cousin who had gotten to the U.S. just a couple days before and was 'schooling' me on Chinese dating etiquette; I don't remember how it came up with the other, I just remember thinking 'oh yeah,' because I had heard it before.

How do you know several Sichuan women? Are you Chinese? Do you know them from work, school? I'm wondering how you were able to meet these women in the US. They seem to only talk to other Chinese who just came from mainland china.
Malcolm Z
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:58 pm

It was my experience that if Chinese women split the bill then they have wealthy families.

If a woman pays the whole bill, she's definitely worth marrying.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:15 pm

xiongmao wrote:It was my experience that if Chinese women split the bill then they have wealthy families.

If a woman pays the whole bill, she's definitely worth marrying.

I wouldn't marry a woman who pays my bill.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby Seeker » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:53 pm

This is absolute nonsense. A woman who splits the bill is one who'll contribute financially to the relationship. I've noticed that Chinese women are a lot better than Filipinas in this regard.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand