10 years in Thailand and still single

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Post by Adama »

If you hang out with your uncle, I think you'd be able to learn some of what he is capable of. That seems like it would be very easy.

Otherwise you just have to realize that women are nothing to be afraid of. If anyone is going to be afraid, it should be the woman, not the man. Once you find a submissive woman, you can automatically be the man, cause she'll expect you to be the man. In other words, the only place for you to be would be the man. But if you get a woman who thinks she's the boss, you will be the woman.

A couple of weeks ago I went into a major city because I needed to visit a business there. I saw this gorgeous young Latina walk by my car as I got back in as I was about to leave. It took about 15 seconds for me to decide I should jump out of the car to try to talk to this girl. I didn't get a signal. I just decided she was too hot to not try to get her (she's probably about a 9 or 10 and her face looked like it was glowing). So I got out of my car, and I walked briskly to where I saw her last. There she was, standing at the bus stop. She was wearing some really old clothes, like she's really poor, but they were clean, and she was gorgeous. I just walked up to her and told her that I knew her from somewhere. She giggled and said she was trying to remember where she knows me from and if I am from around there. I said yes and introduced myself. I told her she was very pretty and she said thank you. Then I asked if she had a boyfriend and she said yes. After that I said okay bye and left her alone.

The whole time she was never rude to me. In fact, I think she was really very polite to me. It is those darn Costa Rican women are not attracted to me, or they don't want me for some reason. But my feelings are not hurt. Why and what for? Nothing bad happened at all. I find that most women are very polite and gentle when they are approached. I have only had a couple of women be nasty to me, and those were women I didn't find overwhelmingly attractive anyway.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

drronnie wrote:
Adama wrote:
drronnie wrote:I will just try again. Man if an overweight taxi driver manages to get dates why would I be able? Its all in my head.
Yes, it probably is all in your head. Life is like that. Your focus determines your reality.

Personally I don't think it matters where you go in the world, as long as there are attractive women there in the proper range, you should be capable of getting a woman in any country. I think the problem is you lack confidence and you have no idea what to do.

Are you afraid of women? I remember I was so frightfully afraid of women. That was also part of the problem. So even when a hot girl was interested, I couldnt talk to them, and I certainly couldn't direct the date or take control as the man (and despite what anyone tells you, unless she's an absolute beast, a woman expects the man to lead her around). You need to be confident enough that you can lead women around without fear or guilt.

Remember, the woman was made for the man, and not the man for the woman. She was made to help Adam. Adam was not created to grovel and beg Eve for her presence. Her presence was granted to him by God, and it is God who compels women to please men. All you have to do is screen the women for which ones want to please you.
And how do I get this confidence? I reckon there are non attractive and not well to do men who get women interested in them. My relative who is a carpenter with very low salary can pick up a women and he is not cool and not handsome but somehow he knows how to carry a conversation with women. I dont know what to do with a woman after the second date.
Jesus Christ what waste of time this thread is. Are you pulling people's legs here? You agreed to try some stuff out but then simply just went back to the same old questions. I can't believe Adama is still entertaining this.

And once again, a thread where someone asks a crowd for advice, only to ignore it and stick to the original plan, or simply to do nothing about it :D :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Poor DrRonnie.

I remember another way that may help increase confidence. In the States they have public speaking seminars, where you can get up in front of 5 or 10 or so people and practice speaking in front of a small group, giving short speeches. One of those groups is called ToastMasters, and there are dozens of places in the state where I live, which have different times, dates and locations where people can go to practice their public speaking skills. That can help your confidence grow if you are frightfully afraid of women.

But DrRonnie, you need to be able to motivate yourself. No one here can do it for you. At minimum start hanging out with your uncle.

Or if you can't muster up any confidence whatsoever, just go on the Romance Bride Tours and get yourself a wife from the Philippines. From what I hear, they are light years better than Thai women anyway. You probably won't need any confidence except just enough to get on the plane.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Adama wrote:Poor DrRonnie.

I remember another way that may help increase confidence. In the States they have public speaking seminars, where you can get up in front of 5 or 10 or so people and practice speaking in front of a small group, giving short speeches. One of those groups is called ToastMasters, and there are dozens of places in the state where I live, which have different times, dates and locations where people can go to practice their public speaking skills. That can help your confidence grow if you are frightfully afraid of women.

But DrRonnie, you need to be able to motivate yourself. No one here can do it for you. At minimum start hanging out with your uncle.

Or if you can't muster up any confidence whatsoever, just go on the Romance Bride Tours and get yourself a wife from the Philippines. From what I hear, they are light years better than Thai women anyway. You probably won't need any confidence except just enough to get on the plane.
Thanks for your help Adama. But actually Thailand is already a paradise for social rejects from the West but at least one hs to have some sort of "game" to even get talking to the girls. I have got a lot to learn especially how to interact socially with women and I have been having this problem since my teens