Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.


Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


10 years in Thailand and still single

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:31 pm

hammanta wrote:
drronnie wrote:I think living I Thailand itself is an improvement in the quality in itself. Everywhere I meet friendly people, the food is good, and there is always something going on 24 hours a day. Happier Abroad does not necessarily have to mean to get a relationship with a woman.

The point of my post is to find out why everyone always assumes that one goes to Asia and chase tail. I would rather live here single than live in Europe in a relationship


Most assume on Happierabroad that the only reason to go abroad is women. I mean come on, who cares about culture, society, history, scenery, social life, slower pace, etc. ; )



yeah who cares about that stu ff when your lonely and complaining on happier abroad. If you truly love it you wouldn't complain and shout how great you love MGTOW. i respect the mgtow guys who actually enjoy being single, not the ones who pretend to and then complain about it which is almost every poster here.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm







Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby MarcosZeitola » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:39 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:yeah who cares about that stu ff when your lonely and complaining on happier abroad. If you truly love it you wouldn't complain and shout how great you love MGTOW. i respect the mgtow guys who actually enjoy being single, not the ones who pretend to and then complain about it which is almost every poster here.


Very few MGTOW's are probably happy being single. If they are, they are either:

1) Genuine asexual, or lacking testosterone and a healthy sex drive

2) Seeing hookers or having casual sex regularly to satisfy their needs somehow, and fine with this

3) Bullshitting about how awesome their life choices are to drown out the voice of doubt in the back of their heads
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:51 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:yeah who cares about that stu ff when your lonely and complaining on happier abroad. If you truly love it you wouldn't complain and shout how great you love MGTOW. i respect the mgtow guys who actually enjoy being single, not the ones who pretend to and then complain about it which is almost every poster here.


Very few MGTOW's are probably happy being single. If they are, they are either:

1) Genuine asexual, or lacking testosterone and a healthy sex drive

2) Seeing hookers or having casual sex regularly to satisfy their needs somehow, and fine with this

3) Bullshitting about how awesome their life choices are to drown out the voice of doubt in the back of their heads


there is a famous mgtow guy on youtube and hes admitted the decline in his sex drive in his 30's and 40's was a big reason why now he can enjoy his mgtow lifestyle he has no need for female bonding like before. He is one of the few i think can get away with mgtow. For whtever reason some people have a drop in testosterone levels and sex drive and need for a partner in their 30's and 40's it seems and some dont.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby hammanta » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:56 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
hammanta wrote:
drronnie wrote:I think living I Thailand itself is an improvement in the quality in itself. Everywhere I meet friendly people, the food is good, and there is always something going on 24 hours a day. Happier Abroad does not necessarily have to mean to get a relationship with a woman.

The point of my post is to find out why everyone always assumes that one goes to Asia and chase tail. I would rather live here single than live in Europe in a relationship


Most assume on Happierabroad that the only reason to go abroad is women. I mean come on, who cares about culture, society, history, scenery, social life, slower pace, etc. ; )



yeah who cares about that stu ff when your lonely and complaining on happier abroad. If you truly love it you wouldn't complain and shout how great you love MGTOW. i respect the mgtow guys who actually enjoy being single, not the ones who pretend to and then complain about it which is almost every poster here.


I don't follow this guy and don't know anything about what he posts. I was simply commenting on a point he has brought to light. Going overseas isn't/shouldn't solely be about women.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby Yohan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:37 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:Very few MGTOW's are probably happy being single. If they are, they are either:

1) Genuine asexual, or lacking testosterone and a healthy sex drive
2) Seeing hookers or having casual sex regularly to satisfy their needs somehow, and fine with this
3) Bullshitting about how awesome their life choices are to drown out the voice of doubt in the back of their heads


Well, you might add to this list, that many MGTOW are happy being single again after a bitter divorce.

This is especially true in cases where are children to consider as well... and to pay not only for them, but also for the ex-wife.

A huge number of foreign expats in Asia are in this category. They prefer to be single in future, as they are afraid of legal consequences should they try again and their relationship is breaking up again, even in case of no wrongdoing by them. - And I cannot say, they are wrong to refuse any connection with a female in their future.

In Western countries, as man, you might survive financially a divorce, if done while still very young after a short marriage and start again from zero. However if the divorce takes place many years after marriage and still with minor children, you are financially out for decades - and not to talk about a second divorce.

Luckily I was never divorced - I lost only about 2 years of my income for dating Western females, but I learnt my lesson - I have understandings for men who after divorce are rejecting any idea to share again their room with a female.

USA is especially bad regarding legal fees, which can result in bills of several USD 100.000s..., UK is especially bad in court rulings, which clearly favor the woman and the man is left with paying alimony for life to the ex-wife, often up to 40 years until his retirement.

Why should a man, divorced, take such a risk again?

I always like to walk around while on vacation talking to other Western foreign men in Thailand and Philippines of my age and don't ask me what stories they are telling me. Most of them never expected to end up in Asia as MGTOW, but it is better to have at least the half of your retirement allowance in Asia after divorce from a Western woman - you can live with that, but in Western countries they will survive only by social welfare, living in poverty.

What other choice do they have? To live alone is not only about asexuals, sex-tourists looking for cheap hookers or plainly bullshitting about this or that. Many men were badly treated by females in their past. they are mistrusting for good reason.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby MarcosZeitola » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Yohan wrote:What other choice do they have? To live alone is not only about asexuals, sex-tourists looking for cheap hookers or plainly bullshitting about this or that. Many men were badly treated by females in their past. they are mistrusting for good reason.


I should have added a fourth point:

4) Traumatized by previous experiences

However, the traumatized men may still feel rather miserable about it. They are mistrusting women, avoiding women, and relationships in general. Are they happy, though? I don't think so. Some men crave intimacy and companionship more then others, sure, and some are better able to cope without it then others. But if it's negative experience and fear that holds you back and prevents you to do things you would otherwise enjoy, then I wouldn't classify you as a truly happy individual. And that was my point.

See a man can avoid the things he fears might hurt him. And he might avoid getting hurt in doing so, but his avoidance might make him miss out on a lot of things too. It's a slippery slope. If trauma is at the root of the problem, I'm hesitant to call such a man happy. I mistrust certain people too, and sure I have my reasons but mistrusting people does not bring me any joy.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby lasttry » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Diminished sex drive definitely helps with MGTOW, as does having a bunch of notches under your belt (so as to be able to give a snappy comeback if someone accuses you of sour grapes), as does learning to masturbate properly. In particular, learning to be multi-orgasmic, avoid peak orgasm, and awaken your inner female so that you can have sex with that female while masturbating. I'd still recommend MGTOW to young men (AFTER they get those notches, either freebies or with hookers) but MacrosZeitola is right that there will be severe self-doubts until your 40's, and beyond that if you have sexual inhibitions about masturbation and/or about awakening your inner female.

I'd still rather have a real girlfriend and I continue to be on the lookout, but I'm unwilling to settle for anything less than high quality at this point. High quality doesn't mean young, since I have no problems with women in their 50's or even 60's who are well-preserved, but it does mean someone who I enjoy being around. I have zero tolerance for annoying people of any sort in my personal life at this point, and especially not annoying women in my bed. Life is too short to waste with annoying people.

Sex with a high quality woman would give me like 10% more pleasure than masturbation, and sex is like 10% of my life, so the overall improvement in my happiness with a high quality woman rather than masturbation would be 10% of 10% or 1%. Whereas bringing a low quality woman into my life could totally destroy my happiness. Too many men fail to think rationally like this, but instead let their little head control their big head.
lasttry
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:22 am

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby Jester » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:06 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:bangledesh and myanmar are definitely not good countries to go to.


Bengali friend told me Bangladesh is a GREAT place to get a young wife.

Also, one of my sons, who has lived in and traveled around Eastern Europe, visited Myanmar a couple of years ago and had a blast. Nice friendly people. Beautiful landscape. He toyed with moving there, but is continuing his fast-track corporate career instead.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby drronnie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:21 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:yeah who cares about that stu ff when your lonely and complaining on happier abroad. If you truly love it you wouldn't complain and shout how great you love MGTOW. i respect the mgtow guys who actually enjoy being single, not the ones who pretend to and then complain about it which is almost every poster here.


Very few MGTOW's are probably happy being single. If they are, they are either:

1) Genuine asexual, or lacking testosterone and a healthy sex drive

2) Seeing hookers or having casual sex regularly to satisfy their needs somehow, and fine with this

3) Bullshitting about how awesome their life choices are to drown out the voice of doubt in the back of their heads


there is a famous mgtow guy on youtube and hes admitted the decline in his sex drive in his 30's and 40's was a big reason why now he can enjoy his mgtow lifestyle he has no need for female bonding like before. He is one of the few i think can get away with mgtow. For whtever reason some people have a drop in testosterone levels and sex drive and need for a partner in their 30's and 40's it seems and some dont.


Well as do not think people deserve to be called a fake MGTOW but like in my case maybe a purple piller. Of course every man would love to have a lovely female partner but sometimes one has to acknowledge that it is harder in reality
drronnie
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:50 am

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:26 pm

drronnie wrote:Well as do not think people deserve to be called a fake MGTOW but like in my case maybe a purple piller. Of course every man would love to have a lovely female partner but sometimes one has to acknowledge that it is harder in reality


Some men legitimately don't care whether they have a partner or not. They are arguably the minority, but they exist. You aren't one of these men, because you keep mentioning the fact that you are still single about once in every four or five posts you make, and it's the subject of most of your threads to the point of it getting hugely repetative.

Forget about red pills, blue pills and purple pills, and get to the core issue: you are clearly unhappy being single... but what are you doing about it?
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby drronnie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Honestly not too much. Had a couple of dates but was not able to generate much interest and girls all seemed to be more interested in my finances than me
drronnie
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:50 am

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby Yohan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:00 pm

drronnie wrote:Honestly not too much. Had a couple of dates but was not able to generate much interest and girls all seemed to be more interested in my finances than me


If you are a simple young man, earning an average Thai salary, you are often single, like Drronnie.

You will find plenty of information about Thai girls, but almost nothing about ordinary Thai man, as nobody cares what is going on with them.

Thailand is like that, and it is interesting that on this Happierabroad Forum - which is strongly into foreign women and relocation - there are basically ZERO members posting anything nice about Thai women.

Most foreign men I know living in the same condominium complex as I do during my vacation in Pattaya are men in their 60+, most of them from Europe (Scandinavia) and Northern America (often from Western Canada), they are living with a Thai woman and they agree to give the girl every day a certain amount of money for her savings in return for her service.

These foreign men can pay easily because of retirement allowances, and if they are not willing to pay anymore or if the girl is overdemanding, she is moving out, looks for any other man.

It seems it's the system, considered normal, as many Thai men and their parents also pay money to the girl and her parents. Many girls who are not considered to fit the Thai man are ending up with foreign men, some of them considerably older than the girl.

Somewhat medieval, but it works like that. Nobody is really 'forced' to live that life-style. It seems for many Thai it's just the way as it is, regardless if this is a stupid bad-looking girl from a farm or a top class female university student with a model-figure.

-----

When I am in Philippines, local people around my Filipina fosterdaughter are laughing, this kind of life-style is unknown. Of course they also expect somehow the foreign husband to give something to the parents of the wife, but it is voluntary.

The point in Thailand is that financial support is demanded in advance and remarkably openly in a rather aggressive way by the girl AND her parents. - Give me (or give her) this or that - or I (or she) will not make love with you - What a kind of marriage is that?

-----

While Thailand is fine for fun vacation, girls and beaches, and while visa requirements for long-stay after retirement and conditions to buy your own rooms are easy, I would be careful spending money for a long-term relationship with a Thai woman.

I know also some upper-class broken families, for example a woman in medical profession, she has money, land, house, daughters grown up, a big income, and still she is demanding money from any man talking with her. Another one I know is a widow, very rich, medical doctor, still expects every man she meets to pay for her, same with a rich woman I know working in hotel management. She is rich, always asking for money. - Somewhat normal obviously for a Thai man, but not my way of life.

I am already with a Japanese wife, but in case being single again, I would prefer to look for a woman from elsewhere (Philippines, Malaysia, Japan etc.) and bringing her into Thailand. I do not have any private connection with any Thai, despite I am many times in Thailand.

My opinion out of what I have seen so far:
Enjoy a good life in Thailand with good accomodation, good food, bars and beaches etc. but never participate in any political activity and stay away from falling in love with a Thai girl.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby drronnie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks for the post Yohan. Your post is spot on since I understand the language and still find it hard to understand the agenda of Thai women who mostly want to be provided for.

However Thai men when they are young and students still get laid for free but when the girls get older they are more focused on the money
drronnie
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:50 am

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby drronnie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:28 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
drronnie wrote:Well as do not think people deserve to be called a fake MGTOW but like in my case maybe a purple piller. Of course every man would love to have a lovely female partner but sometimes one has to acknowledge that it is harder in reality


Some men legitimately don't care whether they have a partner or not. They are arguably the minority, but they exist. You aren't one of these men, because you keep mentioning the fact that you are still single about once in every four or five posts you make, and it's the subject of most of your threads to the point of it getting hugely repetative.

Forget about red pills, blue pills and purple pills, and get to the core issue: you are clearly unhappy being single... but what are you doing about it?


Guess if someone has awkward social skills then he would be ignored whether in the West or in Asian countries.
drronnie
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:50 am

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby MarcosZeitola » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:22 pm

drronnie wrote:Guess if someone has awkward social skills then he would be ignored whether in the West or in Asian countries.


Agreed. The only cure is to either improve your social skills signficantly through interaction, or to acquire substantial wealth. Or do what many other men have done before you: try to date using the internet. A tricky business, I'll admit, but a shy man's best bet. It's easier to be a lot more bold and daring through text then it is face-to-face. ;)
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests