Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

10 years in Thailand and still single

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: 10 years in Thailand and still single

Postby drronnie » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:20 pm

No success story yet but I am talking to two girls at the moment.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:28 am

drronnie wrote:No success story yet but I am talking to two girls at the moment.

That's great, man! The more you talk to and meet up with, the greater your chances of success. You got this!
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby drronnie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:08 am

And that went fast already went to the movies with a girl. Daring is definitely more fun in Thailand because the women are not so demanding or bellicose as their Western counterparts. No surprise why there are so many TFL in the West
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Postby droid » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:14 am

Good stuff dronnie. Do please give us more details.

+1 Marcos for inspiring this guy.
You and hammanta have inspired me as well and I'm seeing results too (direct approaches though not online).

dronnie wrote:Well I am going to start experimenting with online dating since I do have trouble approaching girls directly. At least in Thailand there is the advantage that one does not get so brutally shot down like in the West

I'm not in Thailand, but i would guess they're nice enough where you could try being just friendly without it meaning 'loser', and build your confidence from there. Sometimes it's the expectation that you have to "pull" that can give anxiety.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am

drronnie wrote:And that went fast already went to the movies with a girl.

Awesome, man! This is really good news and I am very happy for you.

drronnie wrote:Daring is definitely more fun in Thailand because the women are not so demanding or bellicose as their Western counterparts.

And it took you what, ten years to find that out? :lol: Seriously though, good on you! You are already making great progress here, going out, putting yourself out there and no doubt having lots of fun. That's what life is ultimately about, man. You keep up the good work and see where things will take you. It's one of those things where you get in a certain flow, and things just sort of happen as they should.

drronnie wrote:No surprise why there are so many TFL in the West

Forget about the West, you are not in the West anymore. And you haven't been for a long time. You are an Eastern man, living in an Eastern culture. And though parts of it may already be tainted by Westernization, others are not. It is up to you to find your way in it, and live your life to the fullest. No one can do it for you. No one will do it for you. Certainly not those guys stuck in the West, often by their own choice.

I'm glad you finally decided to take action. For a while I was not very optimistic, I will admit, but you proved me wrong. Thank you. I always love a success story. :D
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby drronnie » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:49 am

First I was very skeptic myself. But I just do not take things too seriously at the this point. Dating and going to the movies with girls is fun but I watch that I am not becoming an ATM either.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Postby chanta76 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:31 am

Can't help to think the sex tourism and the spending habits of the "ATM" expats in Thailand created this problem in Thailand where the girl ask for money if you want to date her. I'm for happierabroad but there are consequences ..and from looking at the long pictures expats that go overseas sometimes DO ruin it.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby drronnie » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:03 am

Having fun dates lately however have not scored anything. However there is p4p so I am not desperate at all.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Postby Yohan » Wed May 20, 2015 12:48 am

chanta76 wrote:Can't help to think the sex tourism and the spending habits of the "ATM" expats in Thailand created this problem in Thailand where the girl ask for money if you want to date her. I'm for happierabroad but there are consequences ..and from looking at the long pictures expats that go overseas sometimes DO ruin it.

No, surely not true in Thailand - the largest customer group for prostitution is the Thai customer himself, not the foreigner.
Thailand is not only a supplier, but also a large consumer of sex-related services of any kind.

Further, among the foreigners, you have to see the Western tourist but also the Asian tourist.

As a fact, Western foreigners are only a small part of the business.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby drronnie » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:23 am

Seconded Yohan. Money and Status are very important to Thai women. Looks do not matter that much. That is the reason why many Thai women have no problems marrying men of Chinese ethnicity who are at least 30 years older. But everybody is talking about the women marrying Westerners, but the truth is that most Thai women dream of a Chinese guy with lots of money.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Postby Yohan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:01 pm

Drronnie, as I often said in this and other forums, Thai women are really something 'special'. - I never met a Thai woman in my life, who did not immediately ask me for money, not even one. Regardless her age, regardless her income, regardless the place I met her, regardless her education. It's already something like a kind of Thai life-style I guess.

My second home is in Pattaya and I will be soon there again for a 3 weeks summer vacation with my Japanese wife. However I have been in all provinces in Thailand and I can assure you it is everywhere the same. Thai women I never met before were asking me for money even in an elevator of a high-rise condominium building, they were calling me by phone in my hotel room a few minutes after my arrival, while using a swimming pool or while filling up petrol for my motorcycle, while stopping my car in front of a convenience store where I was buying some drinks etc....

Thai men are telling me the same stories, so it's not only me. Most Thai women are dreaming of a rich Asian guy for a long term relationship, not really about a Western man I think. Many Western men are merely a target for rather low educated Thai women to extort money, offering a big promise of 'love' in return of cash and cheating them with a Thai boyfriend next door.

Thai men are frequently cheated with marriage promises and sin-sot (bride price) demands, often not from her, but from her parents and other relatives - after the money is paid it takes only a few months and the new wife is gone and the money too.

It's not only the Western foreign tourists, who thinks prostitution is cheaper than marriage. Many Asian men are also thinking the same. It's a bit sad, but I think it's not fair to blame only men for that.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby Seeker » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:39 pm

If you can't get laid in Thailand for 10 years, you really may as well give up. Thailand is one of the few countries with a surplus of young women (due in no small part to many Thai men becoming ladybodys(!)). If you haven't lucked out in all this time then you probably are hopeless, at least with Thai women. Did you ever have girlfriends back in the West?

Yohan in my experience and understanding Thai women who ask money from men are prostitutes or semi-pros not normal women. Not one normal Thai girl ever asked me for money.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Postby Yohan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:35 pm

1 -
Do you have any link about a surplus of females in Thailand? Especially those of young people? As far as I can see from the census (which might be outdated, but data from 1998 up to 2012 are showing about the same figures) it's almost 1:1 = 49.8/50.2 ( females only show a clear surplus of the age group 50+, but not from birth up to 50 y/o.

http://web.nso.go.th/eng/en/stat/gender/table/etab1.htm
Official Thai data are a bit old.
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Thailand/People/Sex-ratio
but newer data from other sources are showing quite a similar figures.

2 -
No idea to who this is addressed, but I never had any girlfriend in Western countries, anyway I am European with Japanese wife, children too and I am living in Asia since more than 30 years.

3 -
Thai women asking for money are by far not always prostitutes. It's the custom in Thailand to demand money as a woman from men in return of marriage or otherwise introduction/favors, regardless if business and private.

About asking for money in return of marriage promises, I think this Thai custom is outdated and should be outlawed.
In Philippines for example but also here in Japan such a custom does not exist.

I personally met women in academic position, also medical doctors, real estate owners with income of exceeding net baht 250.000,-+ a month, and even they were asking for money, gifts, gold, jewelry etc. all the time when I had any meeting with them - It's the way of life, not only for the low-class society, but for the upper society as well.

4 -
It should be noticed that over 700000 Thai people are HIV positive. Thailand is also known for its tuberculosis.
I would not trust a Thai woman who is claiming to be into a long term relationship and is not demanding anything from a foreign man in return.
Often something is wrong with such women, why should they offer themselves to a farang for free? Think about a health check.
Bargirl or not, ask her about details - children, debits, drugs, jail ....
Thai women can be violent too, Thai prisons have one of the highest numbers of female prisoners worldwide.

5 -
About surplus of women, the only region I know is Latin America - Mexico, Colombia etc. - this is because of criminality - the majority of dead bodies are men. - I do not know about any country in all Asia with a clear surplus of young women, more the opposite.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby Seeker » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Yohan wrote:1 -Do you have any link about a surplus of females in Thailand? Especially those of young people? As far as I can see from the census (which might be outdated, but data from 1998 up to 2012 are showing about the same figures) it's almost 1:1 = 49.8/50.2 ( females only show a clear surplus of the age group 50+, but not from birth up to 50 y/o.

An excess of females may not show up in those kinds of statistics if ladyboys are counted as males. In parts of Thailand a significant minority of boys become transsexual for some reason, one headteacher in Issan estimated the figure as 10-20%, even if that's an overestimate even a figure of 5-10% of males becoming transsexual will reduce the competition for women. I may be wrong about the number though.

No idea to who this is addressed, but I never had any girlfriend in Western countries, anyway I am European with Japanese wife, children too and I am living in Asia since more than 30 years.

To the OP obviously.

I personally met women in academic position, also medical doctors, real estate owners with income of exceeding net baht 250.000,-+ a month, and even they were asking for money, gifts, gold, jewelry etc. all the time when I had any meeting with them - It's the way of life, not only for the low-class society, but for the upper society as well.

Why you? Do they have reason to think that you are particularly wealthy? I think this kind of thing happens more commonly to white and East Asian men, especially older wealthy ones. My white friends in South East Asia have mentioned locals trying to take financial advantage of them in various countries, not just women but police as well.

I would not trust a Thai woman who is claiming to be into a long term relationship and is not demanding anything from a foreign man in return.

I have never met the kind of women you describe. it's like you're describing some kind of alternate reality, and no doubt you feel the same about my own descriptions.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Postby Erasmus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:03 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:Drronnie, why are you always talking about how you are single in Thailand, then say you don't intend to go anywhere else? I am curious now what you look like, how your social skills are and if you have a group of friends you hang out with at times. All those are factors in your success. It could be that you simply aren't very outgoing, lack a certain charisma, have a certain inherent shyness holding you back or simply aim for a certain type of women that is hard to attain?

Whatever your problem is, it's likely nothing leaving Thailand can't fix. Chances are you would do great in the Philippines, but you are so focused on Thailand you are unwilling to consider relocating again. Why is that? Maybe you expected that because you are half-Thai, things will be easier in Thailand and you'll do better by default. This does not seem to be the case, so it may be wise for you to reconsider your options. You don't live forever, and I don't know exactly what you want out of life or what your ambitions are, but if you cannot get a woman in Thailand and getting a woman is of value to you, then get one somewhere else. :wink:

Right? The obvious solution is to get a better paying job or work more hours, then go visit the Philippines, find a wife, then bring her back to Thailand.

Lots of men just like to complain and complain. They know there is a solution, but they prefer to complain about it over and over rather than get up and actually fix the problem. These men are hopeless. You either want to slap them in the face or tell them to STFU.
Erasmus
Freshman Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand