Temperate cities in Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Boxman
Freshman Poster

Temperate cities in Philippines

Post by Boxman »

What are some cities (or towns) in the Philippines with good weather? By "good" I mean average daytime highs of 80 degrees F or below. I'm not looking for California or Italy weather, just something more tolerable than the oppressive heat that seems to be prevalent in most of Philippines.

Of course, I'd like temperate but not completely isolated (for example living in a tiny mountaintop community probably isn't conducive to meeting women - too small a population). So I'd prefer a place that's somewhat developed and has a decent population (couple hundred thousand or more).

Any suggestions?
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Temperate cities in Philippines

Post by davewe »

Boxman wrote:What are some cities (or towns) in the Philippines with good weather? By "good" I mean average daytime highs of 80 degrees F or below. I'm not looking for California or Italy weather, just something more tolerable than the oppressive heat that seems to be prevalent in most of Philippines.

Of course, I'd like temperate but not completely isolated (for example living in a tiny mountaintop community probably isn't conducive to meeting women - too small a population). So I'd prefer a place that's somewhat developed and has a decent population (couple hundred thousand or more).

Any suggestions?
Baguio's the one most expats talk about. Haven't been there myself. It's elevated and supposedly actually gets a bit cold at night.

And of course even in cities that are hot there are often elevated areas where expats live. Valencia, outside Dumaguete, is considerably cooler than Duma for example.