Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby davewe » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:10 am

Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am







Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby jamesbond » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:01 am

davewe wrote:http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2015/03/the-disadvantage-of-your-child-bride/


Hey Dave that was an interesting article. I went to your YouTube channel and checked out the videos of you and your wife elephant riding, it looked like a lot of fun.

By the way your wife Janet looks beautiful. The two of you seem very happy together, congratulations on finding a great girl like her. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7492
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:05 am

Still loving the blog, Dave, keep 'em coming! You and Janet really are living the good life. My first thought when I read she had swollen fingers was that it was somehow a sign of pregnancy, lol. Advil won't get you far there. :wink:
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby davewe » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:34 pm

jamesbond wrote:
davewe wrote:http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2015/03/the-disadvantage-of-your-child-bride/


Hey Dave that was an interesting article. I went to your YouTube channel and checked out the videos of you and your wife elephant riding, it looked like a lot of fun.

By the way your wife Janet looks beautiful. The two of you seem very happy together, congratulations on finding a great girl like her. :D


Thanks for your nice words. Will be in PI next month with GoPro in hand and hope to take a lot more videos.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby davewe » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:35 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:Still loving the blog, Dave, keep 'em coming! You and Janet really are living the good life. My first thought when I read she had swollen fingers was that it was somehow a sign of pregnancy, lol. Advil won't get you far there. :wink:


MZ - that crossed my mind as well lol
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby Jester » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:14 am


Hopefully Janet hasn’t found much of a disadvantage to having a childish husband.



:lol:
Classic
+1
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby Wolfeye » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:30 am

Why is it "child" bride? I would be careful posting things like that, even in sarcasm- just saying.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:18 am

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby davewe » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:16 pm

Wolfeye wrote:Why is it "child" bride? I would be careful posting things like that, even in sarcasm- just saying.


Did you read the piece? Yes, It's a play on the fact that some judgmental people think I married a child, combined with the fact that Janet ended up having a child's disease.

In the end the advantage of being older is I don't much care what others think. It's also the advantage of having my own blog. Those who read it understand my perspective. Those who don't read it or don't like it are certainly free to ignore it.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby Rock » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:32 pm

davewe wrote:
Wolfeye wrote:Why is it "child" bride? I would be careful posting things like that, even in sarcasm- just saying.


Did you read the piece? Yes, It's a play on the fact that some judgmental people think I married a child, combined with the fact that Janet ended up having a child's disease.

In the end the advantage of being older is I don't much care what others think. It's also the advantage of having my own blog. Those who read it understand my perspective. Those who don't read it or don't like it are certainly free to ignore it.


We all get it davewe. But there's a witch hunt going on out there. Sarcastic titles can be quoted out of context and misconstrued elsewhere by the millions of haters. Why not change it to "young" to be safe? I know you loose the sarcastic humor element but better safe than later sorry right?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby davewe » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Rock wrote:
davewe wrote:
Wolfeye wrote:Why is it "child" bride? I would be careful posting things like that, even in sarcasm- just saying.


Did you read the piece? Yes, It's a play on the fact that some judgmental people think I married a child, combined with the fact that Janet ended up having a child's disease.

In the end the advantage of being older is I don't much care what others think. It's also the advantage of having my own blog. Those who read it understand my perspective. Those who don't read it or don't like it are certainly free to ignore it.


We all get it davewe. But there's a witch hunt going on out there. Sarcastic titles can be quoted out of context and misconstrued elsewhere by the millions of haters. Why not change it to "young" to be safe? I know you loose the sarcastic humor element but better safe than later sorry right?


It's not right for me. I am happy to let others be safe and will support them in their desire to keep their private lives private. But it's not who I am.

Witch hunts? My wife very much believes in witches so the only witch hunting we will be doing might be on Siquijor.

It's ironic. This is one of the most mundane, daily life blog posts I have made. If I title a posting "Manila is a S*ithole" everyone laughs. But make even a sarcastic reference to age gaps or "mail order brides" and it stirs some up. And that's at least partly my purpose.

When I first married Janet I anticipated a bit of a backlash. At 1st my back was up, preparing for the negative reaction. Next I felt a nice degree of acceptance from most people. Next I felt a wry amusement at some reactions. Now I've decided to hit it head on and tweak the reactions a bit.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby Rock » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:13 pm

davewe wrote:
Rock wrote:
davewe wrote:
Wolfeye wrote:Why is it "child" bride? I would be careful posting things like that, even in sarcasm- just saying.


Did you read the piece? Yes, It's a play on the fact that some judgmental people think I married a child, combined with the fact that Janet ended up having a child's disease.

In the end the advantage of being older is I don't much care what others think. It's also the advantage of having my own blog. Those who read it understand my perspective. Those who don't read it or don't like it are certainly free to ignore it.


We all get it davewe. But there's a witch hunt going on out there. Sarcastic titles can be quoted out of context and misconstrued elsewhere by the millions of haters. Why not change it to "young" to be safe? I know you loose the sarcastic humor element but better safe than later sorry right?


It's not right for me. I am happy to let others be safe and will support them in their desire to keep their private lives private. But it's not who I am.

Witch hunts? My wife very much believes in witches so the only witch hunting we will be doing might be on Siquijor.

It's ironic. This is one of the most mundane, daily life blog posts I have made. If I title a posting "Manila is a S*ithole" everyone laughs. But make even a sarcastic reference to age gaps or "mail order brides" and it stirs some up. And that's at least partly my purpose.

When I first married Janet I anticipated a bit of a backlash. At 1st my back was up, preparing for the negative reaction. Next I felt a nice degree of acceptance from most people. Next I felt a wry amusement at some reactions. Now I've decided to hit it head on and tweak the reactions a bit.


Well ok. Maybe some people really exaggerate things about how crazy and powerful the feminist forces have become. But you know they hate to see western men find women overseas and they also go to places like Angeles City and get headlines about rescuing women with implication that they are freeing child slaves when in fact it's more about raids on bars with 20 something single moms lol. Wait till Bill and Melinda Gates foundation funds and other similar money gets passed to such elements.

I guess you're at the stage not to give an eff about anything. It makes sense. So for shits and giggles, you might try ruffle some feathers and wind up the haters sometimes.

But if Winston were to get flack for this title, he might have to either bury the thread in the expat section, NSFW section, or even edit the title himself. Right now however, he's too busy dating in China to worry about such mundane practicalities lol.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby davewe » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:21 pm

Rock wrote:But if Winston were to get flack for this title, he might have to either bury the thread in the expat section, NSFW section, or even edit the title himself. Right now however, he's too busy dating in China to worry about such mundane practicalities lol.


Winston? Winston who? Oh, you mean Mr. "Truth and free speech" Winston :)

It's his forum; he can do what he wants.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby Jester » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:26 pm

davewe wrote:
In the end the advantage of being older is I don't much care what others think.



I noticed this when I crossed 50.

I started caring less and less about other people's opinions.

Kind of like a 2-year-old.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby Jester » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:34 pm

davewe wrote:
It's not right for me. I am happy to let others be safe and will support them in their desire to keep their private lives private. But it's not who I am.



+100 for BALLS.


Then Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him and said about him, "Here is a true Israelite; no deceit is in him.""



Another translation:


As they approached, Jesus said, "Now here is a genuine son of Israel--a man of complete integrity."



(as recorded in John's "The Gospel", chapter 1, verse 47)
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: The Disadvantage of Your "Child" Bride

Postby Wolfeye » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 pm

No, I didn't read the piece that came before. Figured there might be some background information. I notice A LOT of asian wome nlook really young. The ones that don't though (they have a shape & look about 20 or 30 in their face), don't really have much competition.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:18 am


Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest