Are Filipinas you meet online *generally* trustworthy?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Are Filipinas you meet online *generally* trustworthy?

Post by davewe »

pensiveman wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
pensiveman wrote:We met in August '13 on a Filipina dating site. I was still in nursing school and she knew it would be a while (1-2 years) before I was ready to start a family.
So when will you be starting that family, then? It's been two years. And is she still the woman you would like to see as the mother of your children? Ask yourself that.
pensiveman wrote:At this point IDK what to think/feel. In a way it would be a relief if we broke up because then I could go back to getting my life in order (since I was thrown off track when I flunked nursing). But if we didn't break up and she stayed with me during these hard times of my being unemployed and being entry level in my field then I'd know she'd make a good partner.
Marriage is for better or worse. You are engaged to this woman, and when you got engaged I bet things were closer to "better" then they were to "worse". Now with you flunking out and potential hard times ahead, you may be lean more toward worse. Do you think she will stick with you no matter what, or is she the type of hypergamous woman who keeps open her options and maintains four different facebooks and several dating profiles?

You have to ask yourself, and her, the hard questions. And you have to ask yourself what you want with your life and if she is the girl you want it with. And does she want the same things as you want? Does she have the same hopes, dreams and goals? Because as a 30 year old American man, you could do a lot better then a 30 year old Filipina, who by her country's standards is already an old spinster at this point. You could just as easily marry an 18-22 year old, which would also buy you a lot more time in terms of starting a family; the biological clock of a 30 year old woman will be ticking loudly by now and soon her reproductive prime will be behind her (one might argue it already is). If starting a family means a lot to you, think of these things. Weigh your options. And ask yourself... do you love her? That's perhaps the most important question of all.

Regardless of what decisions you make, good luck.
Thanks for all the replies. I apologize if I see like I'm arguing; I promise I'm not!

I think I will give it a couple of months and see how I feel. We can't move forward until I'm working anyway. We'll see if she's willing to stick with me even if it means having a child when she's a little older.

Me, I'm only 30 years old, I've got tons of time to find a lady. Hell it's SE Asia I can wait until I'm 50, lol.
Ok, so now that we have a few more facts, let's summarize.

1. You met her online at about 28 and quickly decided to get "engaged" despite never having met in person.
2. You finally met in person a year later - the only time so far you have actually met. That's when you discovered she was still using Cherry Blossoms.
3. You had a life plan which you dropped out of or flunked out of.
4. You are currently 30 and unemployed and therefore can't get a visa for her even if you decided you wanted to.
5. You come onto HA wondering whether the women (specifically her) are trustworthy.
6. You admit you have lots of time and can wait till you are 50 (which you can).

Sorry if this summary sounds harsh but if the shoe was on the other foot and I was advising her, what do you think I'd say? Run lol

Guys come onto HA all the time and complain about or criticize the women who prefer an older foreigner. This is certainly one of the scenarios that gets some of them to make that choice.

As MZ said you need to definitely consider what you want to do but please also consider what's best for the girl who as he also said is long in the tooth by Philippines standards.
pensiveman
Freshman Poster

Post by pensiveman »

davewe wrote:
pensiveman wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
pensiveman wrote:We met in August '13 on a Filipina dating site. I was still in nursing school and she knew it would be a while (1-2 years) before I was ready to start a family.
So when will you be starting that family, then? It's been two years. And is she still the woman you would like to see as the mother of your children? Ask yourself that.
pensiveman wrote:At this point IDK what to think/feel. In a way it would be a relief if we broke up because then I could go back to getting my life in order (since I was thrown off track when I flunked nursing). But if we didn't break up and she stayed with me during these hard times of my being unemployed and being entry level in my field then I'd know she'd make a good partner.
Marriage is for better or worse. You are engaged to this woman, and when you got engaged I bet things were closer to "better" then they were to "worse". Now with you flunking out and potential hard times ahead, you may be lean more toward worse. Do you think she will stick with you no matter what, or is she the type of hypergamous woman who keeps open her options and maintains four different facebooks and several dating profiles?

You have to ask yourself, and her, the hard questions. And you have to ask yourself what you want with your life and if she is the girl you want it with. And does she want the same things as you want? Does she have the same hopes, dreams and goals? Because as a 30 year old American man, you could do a lot better then a 30 year old Filipina, who by her country's standards is already an old spinster at this point. You could just as easily marry an 18-22 year old, which would also buy you a lot more time in terms of starting a family; the biological clock of a 30 year old woman will be ticking loudly by now and soon her reproductive prime will be behind her (one might argue it already is). If starting a family means a lot to you, think of these things. Weigh your options. And ask yourself... do you love her? That's perhaps the most important question of all.

Regardless of what decisions you make, good luck.
Thanks for all the replies. I apologize if I see like I'm arguing; I promise I'm not!

I think I will give it a couple of months and see how I feel. We can't move forward until I'm working anyway. We'll see if she's willing to stick with me even if it means having a child when she's a little older.

Me, I'm only 30 years old, I've got tons of time to find a lady. Hell it's SE Asia I can wait until I'm 50, lol.
Ok, so now that we have a few more facts, let's summarize.

1. You met her online at about 28 and quickly decided to get "engaged" despite never having met in person.
2. You finally met in person a year later - the only time so far you have actually met. That's when you discovered she was still using Cherry Blossoms.
3. You had a life plan which you dropped out of or flunked out of.
4. You are currently 30 and unemployed and therefore can't get a visa for her even if you decided you wanted to.
5. You come onto HA wondering whether the women (specifically her) are trustworthy.
6. You admit you have lots of time and can wait till you are 50 (which you can).

Sorry if this summary sounds harsh but if the shoe was on the other foot and I was advising her, what do you think I'd say? Run lol

Guys come onto HA all the time and complain about or criticize the women who prefer an older foreigner. This is certainly one of the scenarios that gets some of them to make that choice.

As MZ said you need to definitely consider what you want to do but please also consider what's best for the girl who as he also said is long in the tooth by Philippines standards.
I have considered her situation. I do feel really bad that nursing didn't work out. Had it worked out we'd be planning our wedding at this moment. But it didn't. She's been so patient so far.

Physical therapy is coming along great and I can finally bear all my weight on my leg, so I started putting mass applications and resumes out. I'll be working as an EMT/tech anyway, but if things work out with her, I qualify for paramedic school after 1 year experience as EMT and after a couple of years as a paramedic I can apply for PA course. Paramedics in my state make decent money compared to other states.

If things don't work out with this lady, well that sucks, but I've been through enough break ups and let downs that I'm not really hung up on it. I definitely walk away having learned a big lesson! I'll probably try nursing school again in that case since I'll have time.

Once I'm working I'll be able to visit her again after just a couple of months and start the visa process.

I don't really see irony in my posts. Questioning trustworthiness after finding your partner is still using a dating site is totally legit, regardless of whether or not I encountered a speed bump on my own life path.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

From my experience with Filipinos I do agree that a majority tend to lie on a fairly regular basis, usually when they think they can get away with it. I would say this is more prevalent with the lower socio-economic classes and lesser educated. The higher the economic and education ladder one goes, the less one will have to deal with this occurrence. However, to offset lying, there are other annoyances one has to deal with that occur only in the middle and upper level economic and education levels so it’s a mixed bag. In my opinion women are women and they will all act a certain way and their culture and society will often dictate what they can get away with. Women are adult children in many cases so if one doesn’t know how to monitor and discipline them, then they will act naughty as a kind of thrill in their lives, as long as they can get away with it. Usually when their looks and body starts quitting on them is only when they may get more serious with minimizing their casual deception behavior, but know it’s typically rampant in Filipinas when they are in their teens and 20’s.
The main way to prevent or minimize this from happening is to be a strong Alpha male and make sure you are much smarter than her and can intuitively anticipate what negatives she may be tying to use on you. Filipinas are experts at figuring out how much they can get away with a man when they first are with them, just like a 3 yr. old knows what they can get away with their parents discipline. The man also needs to be keeping them busy cause Filipinas generally get bored easily. Thus, if they are educated and have their own profession then usually it’s not so much a problem; it’s more an issue with the lower educated girls who have a stunted maturity level. They have been conditioned where they need to be entertained by external sources so if you aren’t there to do that, she will find other avenues and this is where the problem with smart phones, Internet, and social media come into play. Young and dumb girls are fun to play with for shot bursts but making a commitment to them is a near impossibility unless they are of the rare kind that is interested in improving themselves to get higher education and become a professional or business person. The other avenue if getting lower class women is to make sure they are the submissive type and you can provide strong leadership in the relationship. Also, low self-esteem helps too to keep her tied to you without wandering off to other guys. If you let a lower socio economic uneducated hottie be the alpha in the relationship, then the guy will eventually be screwed one way or another after they get married and have kids cause usually these women will move on to the next best thing once they get their residency card in whatever country you bring them back to.
Personally, I would only get seriously involved with a foreign women if I could live in their home country for an extended period of time to see if there is true compatibility. Just short visits or communication through social video media doesn’t cut it in the long run and I feel that is going to inevitably end in failure for most men. This may have been possible pre 2000’s but I don’t think the mail order bride thing or internet order bride thing works properly anymore unless the man can make long-term trips to whatever country the women is originally from or living in. I know this isn’t feasible for most men but also the divorce stipulations for most Western countries are not feasible for most men either so which is a harder predicament? Being single but traveling overseas to meet women occasionally and maybe coming up with a future plan to live overseas or taking a huge risk bringing a girl back from whatever country without really being with her for an extended time and them possibly becoming indoctrinated with Western culture and mindset?
I chose to live overseas and date the women in their home country. I don’t see myself bringing a girl back to the USA, it’s just too dangerous, the legal system can’t be trusted there if the marriage goes wrong, especially if kids are involved.

Most Filipinas will always look for the next upgrade unless they feel they can't or they are satisfied that their current man provides everything they need, realize this is probably a rare thing. I met a German businessman who was married to a Filipina and he had I think two or three kids with her. She was cool and still good looking but I guess she was an opportunist cause she ran off with some British guy that used to go to his restaurant/bar. What a dumb idiot Englishman to get with an already used Filipina with kids! Then the German guy hooked up with one of their hot Waitresses and the EX got pissed at him and her, when she ran away from the German guy to begin with and took his kids also. It's a ridiculous scenario to think about, but these things seem to be somewhat common with Filipinas. I've met many other guys with their own horror stories, it never ends. Filipinas can be as good as gold if you get a good one or they can be just as bad as fool's gold, or gambling and losing all your money on a supposed 'safe' bet. Filipinas are not 'Safe' marriage bets, especially with those under 30 as they come from the smart phone social networking generation and their morals and priorities in life are often warped beyond repair in comparison to the ones from the 0ver 30 generations.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Mr S, as always I respect your opinion greatly. I also agree with you 100%! How many years have you lived in the Philippines? There will always be Western men who believe that Filipinas are sweet and innocent and their Filipina is different! :wink:
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Mr S wrote:From my experience with Filipinos I do agree that a majority tend to lie on a fairly regular basis, usually when they think they can get away with it. I would say this is more prevalent with the lower socio-economic classes and lesser educated. The higher the economic and education ladder one goes, the less one will have to deal with this occurrence. However, to offset lying, there are other annoyances one has to deal with that occur only in the middle and upper level economic and education levels so it’s a mixed bag. In my opinion women are women and they will all act a certain way and their culture and society will often dictate what they can get away with. Women are adult children in many cases so if one doesn’t know how to monitor and discipline them, then they will act naughty as a kind of thrill in their lives, as long as they can get away with it. Usually when their looks and body starts quitting on them is only when they may get more serious with minimizing their casual deception behavior, but know it’s typically rampant in Filipinas when they are in their teens and 20’s.
The main way to prevent or minimize this from happening is to be a strong Alpha male and make sure you are much smarter than her and can intuitively anticipate what negatives she may be tying to use on you. Filipinas are experts at figuring out how much they can get away with a man when they first are with them, just like a 3 yr. old knows what they can get away with their parents discipline. The man also needs to be keeping them busy cause Filipinas generally get bored easily. Thus, if they are educated and have their own profession then usually it’s not so much a problem; it’s more an issue with the lower educated girls who have a stunted maturity level. They have been conditioned where they need to be entertained by external sources so if you aren’t there to do that, she will find other avenues and this is where the problem with smart phones, Internet, and social media come into play. Young and dumb girls are fun to play with for shot bursts but making a commitment to them is a near impossibility unless they are of the rare kind that is interested in improving themselves to get higher education and become a professional or business person. The other avenue if getting lower class women is to make sure they are the submissive type and you can provide strong leadership in the relationship. Also, low self-esteem helps too to keep her tied to you without wandering off to other guys. If you let a lower socio economic uneducated hottie be the alpha in the relationship, then the guy will eventually be screwed one way or another after they get married and have kids cause usually these women will move on to the next best thing once they get their residency card in whatever country you bring them back to.
Personally, I would only get seriously involved with a foreign women if I could live in their home country for an extended period of time to see if there is true compatibility. Just short visits or communication through social video media doesn’t cut it in the long run and I feel that is going to inevitably end in failure for most men. This may have been possible pre 2000’s but I don’t think the mail order bride thing or internet order bride thing works properly anymore unless the man can make long-term trips to whatever country the women is originally from or living in. I know this isn’t feasible for most men but also the divorce stipulations for most Western countries are not feasible for most men either so which is a harder predicament? Being single but traveling overseas to meet women occasionally and maybe coming up with a future plan to live overseas or taking a huge risk bringing a girl back from whatever country without really being with her for an extended time and them possibly becoming indoctrinated with Western culture and mindset?
I chose to live overseas and date the women in their home country. I don’t see myself bringing a girl back to the USA, it’s just too dangerous, the legal system can’t be trusted there if the marriage goes wrong, especially if kids are involved.

Most Filipinas will always look for the next upgrade unless they feel they can't or they are satisfied that their current man provides everything they need, realize this is probably a rare thing. I met a German businessman who was married to a Filipina and he had I think two or three kids with her. She was cool and still good looking but I guess she was an opportunist cause she ran off with some British guy that used to go to his restaurant/bar. What a dumb idiot Englishman to get with an already used Filipina with kids! Then the German guy hooked up with one of their hot Waitresses and the EX got pissed at him and her, when she ran away from the German guy to begin with and took his kids also. It's a ridiculous scenario to think about, but these things seem to be somewhat common with Filipinas. I've met many other guys with their own horror stories, it never ends. Filipinas can be as good as gold if you get a good one or they can be just as bad as fool's gold, or gambling and losing all your money on a supposed 'safe' bet. Filipinas are not 'Safe' marriage bets, especially with those under 30 as they come from the smart phone social networking generation and their morals and priorities in life are often warped beyond repair in comparison to the ones from the 0ver 30 generations.
I don't like lying, but you have to differentiate between lying for what you truly think is a noble / necessary reason, and lying to deceive or mislead. Also, from what I understand, when filipinos lie it's often to avoid conflict. Usually this annoys me as I like people to address whatever needs addressing, but if it's done for a noble reason, I can get used to it, as long as it's not excessive.

It's true that women are children. The only difference between a woman and a child is that a woman has an adult's body, an adult's vocabulary, and enough intelligence to mimic an adult. I don't mind if she tests the boundaries, that's normal, just as long as it's not too much.

Being older gives you an advantage. It makes it naturally easier to command respect and make her feel that you know best.

Keeping them busy, agreed. Anything that you don't feel like doing, like some chore, give it to her. Make her serve you. She absolutely must be submissive, even if she doesn't use the word herself. I wouldn't want a girl with too low self esteem, but a certain amount of vulnerability / insecurity and humility is necessary.

I agree that you shouldn't take her to a western country to live, but I also don't think it's necessary to live in her country. Just pick a country that isn't too westernized. i'm lucky, I'm spanish, so my options are wide, and a spanish speaking country is kind of compatible if you have a filipina.

A girlfriend or wife should be thought of almost like an adopted daughter. She's not your equal. She has a purpose and it's your job to "raise" her. Also, domestic discipline (spanking) should be used.

You should have a blog.
quito
Freshman Poster

Post by quito »

Generally, Filipinas you meet online are not going to be trustworthy. I hate saying that because there are some very nice ladies online and I met my wife that way too, but it might take a while to find them. In your case I think you might have overreacted a little bit about the cherry blossoms account. She had no way of knowing that you would ever really show up and in fact most guys that make that promise don't show up. and then a large percentage of the guys that do show up have made plans to meet more than 1 lady. it's reasonable for her to have hedged a little bit as it would have been reasonable for you to also have a plan B just in case she didn't show up. So you stumbled into that knowledge of her account activity by accident and now think you should just let that go and focus on learning more about her. I will say this, that the more mistrust you show, the more she will mistrust you as well, so be careful if you think you have a good one.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

When I was "searching" a couple years ago I had a couple of mentors (still do). At one point I was a bit discouraged and communicated with one of those mentors. He said that in his opinion (he lives in PI) 90% of Filipinas were not good for marriage. But then he reminded me that that meant that 10% were good and that figure was many times greater than what I could find where I live in the US.

Think about it. How many people (not just women) do you really trust - not just hang out with?

So the original question isn't an accurate one. There is no way that most people online will be trustworthy or even "generally trustworthy", since most people in life are not trustworthy. If you have a couple of friends who are absolutely trustworthy - you are ahead of most people. If you have one woman who is trustworthy - again you are way ahead of the game.

So find the one. And BTW, make sure you are trustworthy also. Most men aren't.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Mr S wrote:Filipinas are experts at figuring out how much they can get away with a man when they first are with them, just like a 3 yr. old knows what they can get away with their parents discipline. The man also needs to be keeping them busy cause Filipinas generally get bored easily. Thus, if they are educated and have their own profession then usually it’s not so much a problem; it’s more an issue with the lower educated girls who have a stunted maturity level. They have been conditioned where they need to be entertained by external sources so if you aren’t there to do that, she will find other avenues and this is where the problem with smart phones, Internet, and social media come into play. Young and dumb girls are fun to play with for shot bursts but making a commitment to them is a near impossibility unless they are of the rare kind that is interested in improving themselves to get higher education and become a professional or business person. The other avenue if getting lower class women is to make sure they are the submissive type and you can provide strong leadership in the relationship. Also, low self-esteem helps too to keep her tied to you without wandering off to other guys.
Haha sounds like they're perfect for pump-and-dump without having to feel guilty about it :twisted:
Mr S wrote: but I guess she was an opportunist cause she ran off with some British guy that used to go to his restaurant/bar. What a dumb idiot Englishman to get with an already used Filipina with kids! Then the German guy hooked up with one of their hot Waitresses and the EX got pissed at him and her
But, as we've covered, that's what Anglo guys do, wife up used up chicks with kids Lol, no surprise there.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

WorldTraveler wrote:Mr S, as always I respect your opinion greatly. I also agree with you 100%! How many years have you lived in the Philippines? There will always be Western men who believe that Filipinas are sweet and innocent and their Filipina is different! :wink:
I'm going on living in metro Manila area for 11 years later this year, only the strong and adaptable Westerner can accomplish that kind of feat! If they do stay in PI, they usually run off to the provinces or smaller cities. (I don't blame them) Manila is okay to visit but living there year round takes a certain mentality or adaptiveness that the average person doesn't have if they know they have other options.

To elaborate a bit further on lies, I'm not sure they are for 'noble' causes, but more for personal embellishment or hiding their improprieties. They add up where you just get sick of listening to their attempts since they aren't good liars to educated Westerners who have had to deal with much more skill full Western liars than anything a Filipina will throw at you, unless one is completely lovestruck and thus mentally incompetent.

I've thought about putting up a site to write since I know I'm a decent writer when I put my mind to it, it's just more so about whether I want to put the time and effort into it. I don't live for ego boosts so it would be for additional revenue creation or genuinely helping others. However, I'd rather write about other topics than women and foreign travel, and the topics I have in mind wouldn't relate to this forum and most members here wouldn't be interested.

I pretty much know how all Filipinas think from the lower, middle and upper classes cause I deal with them on a regular basis, I just find most Western guys looking for love or a good time have their own fantasy idea of reality in their own mind about Filipinas and Philippines and attempt to warp reality to meet it, whether or not its factual or not. Thus, 9 out of 10 guys will defend their viewpoint of reality until they are blue in the face. I could write a lot more specific about the Philippines, topics that are rarely mentioned here, I just don't have the extra time to do it at the moment. I deal with so much daily crap here in Manila and other cities, I probably could write an alternative guide to PI survival on Amazon and maybe it would succeed, who knows? It would be a politically incorrect one and a straight-shooter, but up to date.

Anyways, thanks for the writing compliment.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

droid wrote:
Mr S wrote:Filipinas are experts at figuring out how much they can get away with a man when they first are with them, just like a 3 yr. old knows what they can get away with their parents discipline. The man also needs to be keeping them busy cause Filipinas generally get bored easily. Thus, if they are educated and have their own profession then usually it’s not so much a problem; it’s more an issue with the lower educated girls who have a stunted maturity level. They have been conditioned where they need to be entertained by external sources so if you aren’t there to do that, she will find other avenues and this is where the problem with smart phones, Internet, and social media come into play. Young and dumb girls are fun to play with for shot bursts but making a commitment to them is a near impossibility unless they are of the rare kind that is interested in improving themselves to get higher education and become a professional or business person. The other avenue if getting lower class women is to make sure they are the submissive type and you can provide strong leadership in the relationship. Also, low self-esteem helps too to keep her tied to you without wandering off to other guys.
Haha sounds like they're perfect for pump-and-dump without having to feel guilty about it :twisted:
Mr S wrote: but I guess she was an opportunist cause she ran off with some British guy that used to go to his restaurant/bar. What a dumb idiot Englishman to get with an already used Filipina with kids! Then the German guy hooked up with one of their hot Waitresses and the EX got pissed at him and her
But, as we've covered, that's what Anglo guys do, wife up used up chicks with kids Lol, no surprise there.
Filipinas fall in love easy and have feelings for you which are often genuine, however they also have a hard time letting go of past friends with benefits or boyfriends. Thus, you have to be on your toes initially in any relationship and keep her preoccupied with YOU. If you aren't around much and she starts hanging out with her friends all the time or using social media to keep her entertained she will stray many times and often do naughty stuff on the side if she thinks she can get away with it without being caught.

Now, if she has high morals it will be the opposite, she will try to micromanage your life and never leave you alone; try to change you and never be satisfied, so pick your choice of poisonous Filipina wisely.

There are balanced Filipinas of course but they are hard to come by in general, I've mostly met one or the other.

I would say the process of pump and dump is easy here, but its easy to feel somewhat attached to girls here even if they are just working girls cause many do treat you nice if you treat them nice too, just expect them to be doing their own thing with other guys as much as you might be with other women. At least most don't get psycho jealous like Thai girls often do, if one were to make a comparison.

Just remember I was once the guy many girls were banging on the side while they supposedly had serious a boyfriend or fiancee. I've listened to phone calls, many girls are opportunists here, but will separate the practical long-term boyfriend for long term stability with the friends with benefits dude that knows how to bone them good and hard the way they like it. They'll have multiple dudes on the side til you either bring them to another country or you move in with her and are together most of the time.

I look at FB now of all the previous girls I'd been with and look at the sorry saps that think they have a good catch, if they only really knew how slutty their 'gf' really was or still is...

I've already mined them thar sugar walls... :lol:
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Mr S wrote:

What a wealth of information!
So useful to read about these dangers. You save people by telling all these.
My iconic image for a 'simple plain good filipina' seems to fade.
I am not telling it's not worth looking, I want to do it, but I have no intention to be part of a 'russian roulette' from controversial relationship.
I like stability, fidelity, loyalty, and of course love & respect, in my relationship. So hard to find though.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

quito wrote:Generally, Filipinas you meet online are not going to be trustworthy. I hate saying that because there are some very nice ladies online and I met my wife that way too, but it might take a while to find them. In your case I think you might have overreacted a little bit about the cherry blossoms account. She had no way of knowing that you would ever really show up and in fact most guys that make that promise don't show up. and then a large percentage of the guys that do show up have made plans to meet more than 1 lady. it's reasonable for her to have hedged a little bit as it would have been reasonable for you to also have a plan B just in case she didn't show up. So you stumbled into that knowledge of her account activity by accident and now think you should just let that go and focus on learning more about her. I will say this, that the more mistrust you show, the more she will mistrust you as well, so be careful if you think you have a good one.
Internet brought us all more close to each other. Of course, this is good.
We have the chance to meet online, people we could never met in our daily lifes.
On the other hand, there should be tremendous attention to choose the right person, through online contacts, as you miss all this vital features of a regular contact between two persons.
If you have any advice on this, please tell us.