How important is height for Chinese and Vietnamese women?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Malcolm Z
Freshman Poster

How important is height for Chinese and Vietnamese women?

Post by Malcolm Z »

Am I automatically destined for a life of loneliness as a 5'4 Chinese american male?
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: How important is height for Chinese and Vietnamese women

Post by WorldTraveler »

Malcolm Z wrote:Am I automatically destined for a life of loneliness as a 5'4 Chinese american male?
Short alone is not the kiss of death. I am short and I get women. Do you have a brain? Are you smart? Can you make money? Can you travel overseas. You are perfect height for a Latino girl or Southeast Asian girl. It's up to you! :D
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Malcom_z, didn't you already create a thread like this? I think we all weighed in. I understand the need to vent, but show some progress/research.

Again, I think the big difference here is that while 4'10" western women still want a 6'3" dude, most asian women still go for the more realistic "taller than me" requirement. You can readily see this in the dating sites.
Go to the filies already.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Well 5'4" is short even in China but you may have better luck in South China where the average height is not so great. In Beijing where you went the average height is 5'9" for young men, just an inch below that of Americans. In Sichuan the height is just 5'6.5" so you may have better luck in a place like that. Height is very important to Chinese women and there is no getting around that, I don't see many couples here where the woman is taller than the man.

You remind me of that little Asian American surgeon who used to post here, made an enviable income but was a hardcore incel just the same. Money is way overrated as an attractor by men.
Last edited by Seeker on March 28th, 2015, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Height is relative. I lived in Peru where most men are about your height and I was considered tall ("alto" in Spanish) there (I am only about 5'9). Women would even give me compliments on my height. What is considered short in one country can be average height or tall in another!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Malcolm Z wrote:Am I automatically destined for a life of loneliness as a 5'4 Chinese american male?
Go.

To.

The.

Philippines.

Chinese, Korean and Japanese men are getting taller and taller. In Asian malls and at airports I see many six foot Asians guys and taller. One of the countries with the shortest average height for a male in the entire world is the Philippines. It also is a country with a significant amount of people with Chinese ancestors, and where finding a girl is pretty damn easy.

If you don't go there, Malcolm, you are wasting your time.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Many Vietnamese and Filipinas are below 5'3, so you should be fine. Chinese, depends on where you go. Chinese females from urban areas are getting taller, but there are plenty of smaller ones from second rate cities / towns and provinces rarely visited by foreigners. I am about 5'9.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

About brains, there are quite a few Chinese who believe that someone of short stature makes up by having good intellect. The Chinese saying would be "浓缩的精华". I am Southwestern Chinese and 5'9 is considered fairly tall in Chongqing, but the youth are catching up to their northern peers in height.

Now, a short white woman is what I consider strange. Female petiteness is an Asian prerogative. :)
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Learn Spanish and go to Mexico for starters. If you don't like Mexican women due to what you have seen here in the States, then you are surely missing out on the "south of the border". Ask poster Falcon if you think I'm b.s.-ing you. Asian men are well-received by Mexican women. Aztecs among other Native tribes happen to come from what is known now as modern Siberia and modern China via Bering Strait so the commonality is there genetically.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Chinese male here. I'm not that much taller than you. It really doesn't matter at all, especially if you go overseas to the right places. The other things about you matter a lot though. Are you making good money? Are you fit? Are you not a chump and pushover when it comes to women and social interactions? If you have all the other parts of your life in order, you'll have it easy.

Just follow the Winston Wu model, a.k.a don't look or behave like him.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

How tall are you, Dragon?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 28th, 2020, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Seeker wrote:How tall are you, Dragon?
Not as tall as Winston's ego.

Ghost wrote:In China, just put stacks of money in your shoes and you'll be good to go. :D
tru dat
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Seeker wrote: You remind me of that little Asian American surgeon who used to post here, made an enviable income but was a hardcore incel just the same. Money is way overrated as an attractor by men.
I agree that money doesn't really matter at all when it comes to women, especially these days with feminism.

Having money IS good though because it allows you the ability to do more things, like travel. That short Asian surgeon likely could work a few weeks out of the year, bring in over $100k, and travel the world for the rest of the time without issue due to his financial situation (unless he, like most docs, is living the "doctor lifestyle", which includes tons of debt and unnecessary fancy cars).
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Maverick wrote:
Seeker wrote: You remind me of that little Asian American surgeon who used to post here, made an enviable income but was a hardcore incel just the same. Money is way overrated as an attractor by men.
I agree that money doesn't really matter at all when it comes to women, especially these days with feminism.

Having money IS good though because it allows you the ability to do more things, like travel. That short Asian surgeon likely could work a few weeks out of the year, bring in over $100k, and travel the world for the rest of the time without issue due to his financial situation (unless he, like most docs, is living the "doctor lifestyle", which includes tons of debt and unnecessary fancy cars).
+1
wasn't malcom_z was that same doctor?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?