Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4560
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by Taco » April 24th, 2015, 2:47 am

Sexy women make crappy wives.

The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home
http://www.businessinsider.com/beauty-s ... ina-2015-2
“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



drealm
Junior Poster
Posts: 936
Joined: November 10th, 2010, 6:23 pm

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by drealm » April 24th, 2015, 6:59 am

China also has a huge mistress culture. Wonder why?

chanta76
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1730
Joined: February 11th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by chanta76 » May 14th, 2015, 4:32 am

only the wealthy guy can get the mistress in china. the average chinese guy..I don't think so. plus with the sex imbalance for some chinese guy just getting a women is success in it;s own.

mentor
Freshman Poster
Posts: 469
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by mentor » October 8th, 2015, 12:03 pm

I prefer my mate to be not so beautiful, but attractive to me.
Less guys looking at her, usually more realistic, etc

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1384
Joined: August 23rd, 2007, 5:17 pm

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by The_Adventurer » October 8th, 2015, 6:43 pm

chanta76 wrote:only the wealthy guy can get the mistress in china. the average chinese guy..I don't think so. plus with the sex imbalance for some chinese guy just getting a women is success in it;s own.
Unless you're in Dongguan where everyone has 2 or 3 girlfriends. And then there's the guys who just plain lie, like the guy who had 17 girlfriends and he was getting money from them.

BTW - Can anyone who can read and write Chinese show the correct rendition of this saying? I have been asking people about this everywhere I go, here in China, just roughly translating it as it is written here, and no one knows of any ancient or famous saying similar to this.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5614
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by Adama » October 8th, 2015, 7:02 pm

I was hoping for an article. The Chinese are wrong here. It isnt beauty that is the problem. It is whoredom. They are equating beauty with being a whore. These are not the same thing.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4560
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by Taco » October 9th, 2015, 12:14 am

Adama wrote:I was hoping for an article. The Chinese are wrong here. It isnt beauty that is the problem. It is whoredom. They are equating beauty with being a whore. These are not the same thing.
I think the point their trying to make is the best looking woman is never the best at cooking, cleaning, raising children and taking care of their husband nor do they care about such things. That's been my experience as well.
“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"

Hero
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by Hero » October 9th, 2015, 12:21 am

mentor wrote:I prefer my mate to be not so beautiful, but attractive to me.
Less guys looking at her, usually more realistic, etc
Not me. I want a wife I can show off.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by Ghost » October 9th, 2015, 2:30 pm

It's hard to face down that choice: ugly and faithful, or hot and unfaithful? Homely, smart, and a good mother, or hot, dumb as a brick, with no domestic skills?

Being born as an attractive female is like winning the ultimate lottery - you can be completely useless but valued above all else.

As for me, I have a personal scale to rate women in attractiveness. I don't use the 1-10 scale. My scale only has four ratings, no numbers. For me, it makes more sense and allows me more fluidity in my choices in women. To simplify things, for a wife, I would look for attractive but not hot, with good qualities and domestic skills as well.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4560
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by Taco » October 10th, 2015, 12:44 am

Hero wrote:
mentor wrote:I prefer my mate to be not so beautiful, but attractive to me.
Less guys looking at her, usually more realistic, etc
Not me. I want a wife I can show off.
Like Anna Nicole Smith...

Image

Image

Image
“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8111
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by jamesbond » October 10th, 2015, 1:50 am

If you marry a woman who looks like this, I guarantee no man will ever want to have an affair with her! :P

Image
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2767
Joined: August 14th, 2012, 12:48 am
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by Teal Lantern » October 10th, 2015, 11:52 am

Ghost wrote:It's hard to face down that choice: ugly and faithful, or hot and unfaithful? Homely, smart, and a good mother, or hot, dumb as a brick, with no domestic skills?
It's a false choice (probably invented long ago by men with ugly daughters).
With all the "any hole's a goal" dudes, these days, ugly women don't develop any better character than pretty ones.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5614
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by Adama » October 11th, 2015, 1:31 pm

Teal Lantern wrote:
Ghost wrote:It's hard to face down that choice: ugly and faithful, or hot and unfaithful? Homely, smart, and a good mother, or hot, dumb as a brick, with no domestic skills?
It's a false choice (probably invented long ago by men with ugly daughters).
With all the "any hole's a goal" dudes, these days, ugly women don't develop any better character than pretty ones.

The False Dichotomy / False Dilemma. Of course presented to us by a white western woman. I love how people only think in black and white and truly believe those things. As if there simply could not ever be a pretty wife who knows how to take care of her children. I think I'd rather have a pretty woman who doesnt have a chip on her shoulder about being ugly, than be married to a beast with super low self esteem who's going to mess up my children's lives. In other words, I think the inside is often a reflection of a woman's outsides. Unattractive women are beasts who are bossy and want to be in control and make cruel masters much more often than good looking women who are much more pleasant to interact with cause they aren't looking for a fight.

AsiaHand
Freshman Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: October 18th, 2015, 3:06 am
Location: Southeast Asia

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by AsiaHand » October 18th, 2015, 9:58 am

The_Adventurer wrote:
chanta76 wrote:only the wealthy guy can get the mistress in china. the average chinese guy..I don't think so. plus with the sex imbalance for some chinese guy just getting a women is success in it;s own.
Unless you're in Dongguan where everyone has 2 or 3 girlfriends. And then there's the guys who just plain lie, like the guy who had 17 girlfriends and he was getting money from them.

BTW - Can anyone who can read and write Chinese show the correct rendition of this saying? I have been asking people about this everywhere I go, here in China, just roughly translating it as it is written here, and no one knows of any ancient or famous saying similar to this.
丑妇家中宝 chǒu fù jiā zhōng bǎo is the one they mean.

Falcon
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1844
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 12:59 am

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by Falcon » October 18th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Ghost wrote:It's hard to face down that choice: ugly and faithful, or hot and unfaithful? Homely, smart, and a good mother, or hot, dumb as a brick, with no domestic skills?

Being born as an attractive female is like winning the ultimate lottery - you can be completely useless but valued above all else.
It's a no-brainer isn't it, unless you can't look past superficials.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”