The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Sexy women make crappy wives.

http://www.businessinsider.com/beauty-s ... ina-2015-2
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

drealm
Junior Poster

Re: The Ugly Wife Is A Treasure At Home

Post by drealm »

China also has a huge mistress culture. Wonder why?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

only the wealthy guy can get the mistress in china. the average chinese guy..I don't think so. plus with the sex imbalance for some chinese guy just getting a women is success in it;s own.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I prefer my mate to be not so beautiful, but attractive to me.
Less guys looking at her, usually more realistic, etc
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

chanta76 wrote:only the wealthy guy can get the mistress in china. the average chinese guy..I don't think so. plus with the sex imbalance for some chinese guy just getting a women is success in it;s own.
Unless you're in Dongguan where everyone has 2 or 3 girlfriends. And then there's the guys who just plain lie, like the guy who had 17 girlfriends and he was getting money from them.

BTW - Can anyone who can read and write Chinese show the correct rendition of this saying? I have been asking people about this everywhere I go, here in China, just roughly translating it as it is written here, and no one knows of any ancient or famous saying similar to this.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I was hoping for an article. The Chinese are wrong here. It isnt beauty that is the problem. It is whoredom. They are equating beauty with being a whore. These are not the same thing.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Adama wrote:I was hoping for an article. The Chinese are wrong here. It isnt beauty that is the problem. It is whoredom. They are equating beauty with being a whore. These are not the same thing.
I think the point their trying to make is the best looking woman is never the best at cooking, cleaning, raising children and taking care of their husband nor do they care about such things. That's been my experience as well.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

mentor wrote:I prefer my mate to be not so beautiful, but attractive to me.
Not me. I want a wife I can show off.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Hero wrote:
mentor wrote:I prefer my mate to be not so beautiful, but attractive to me.
Not me. I want a wife I can show off.
Like Anna Nicole Smith...

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

If you marry a woman who looks like this, I guarantee no man will ever want to have an affair with her! :P

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Ghost wrote:It's hard to face down that choice: ugly and faithful, or hot and unfaithful? Homely, smart, and a good mother, or hot, dumb as a brick, with no domestic skills?
It's a false choice (probably invented long ago by men with ugly daughters).
With all the "any hole's a goal" dudes, these days, ugly women don't develop any better character than pretty ones.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Ghost wrote:It's hard to face down that choice: ugly and faithful, or hot and unfaithful? Homely, smart, and a good mother, or hot, dumb as a brick, with no domestic skills?
It's a false choice (probably invented long ago by men with ugly daughters).
With all the "any hole's a goal" dudes, these days, ugly women don't develop any better character than pretty ones.

The False Dichotomy / False Dilemma. Of course presented to us by a white western woman. I love how people only think in black and white and truly believe those things. As if there simply could not ever be a pretty wife who knows how to take care of her children. I think I'd rather have a pretty woman who doesnt have a chip on her shoulder about being ugly, than be married to a beast with super low self esteem who's going to mess up my children's lives. In other words, I think the inside is often a reflection of a woman's outsides. Unattractive women are beasts who are bossy and want to be in control and make cruel masters much more often than good looking women who are much more pleasant to interact with cause they aren't looking for a fight.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
AsiaHand
Freshman Poster

Post by AsiaHand »

The_Adventurer wrote:
chanta76 wrote:only the wealthy guy can get the mistress in china. the average chinese guy..I don't think so. plus with the sex imbalance for some chinese guy just getting a women is success in it;s own.
Unless you're in Dongguan where everyone has 2 or 3 girlfriends. And then there's the guys who just plain lie, like the guy who had 17 girlfriends and he was getting money from them.

BTW - Can anyone who can read and write Chinese show the correct rendition of this saying? I have been asking people about this everywhere I go, here in China, just roughly translating it as it is written here, and no one knows of any ancient or famous saying similar to this.
丑妇家中宝 chǒu fù jiā zhōng bǎo is the one they mean.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Being born as an attractive female is like winning the ultimate lottery - you can be completely useless but valued above all else.
It's a no-brainer isn't it, unless you can't look past superficials.