Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Just got back from the PI

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Just got back from the PI

Postby davewe » Mon May 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Just got back from the PI

Postby Jester » Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 am

Nice to see good family relations in a Fil-Am marriage, especially in the area of money, about which some worry.

Thanks for sharing.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby MustVisitAsia123 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Awesome!
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Wed May 13, 2015 8:19 am

Always a pleasure to read your blog posts, Dave, and good to see you and Janet still going strong. You're one lucky man and I hope you will have many more Filipino adventures ahead, and share them with us.

All this really makes me excited for my own retirement! :D
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby Yohan » Wed May 13, 2015 1:04 pm

I am also back from Philippines, Cebu after nice vacation with my Filipina foster daughter (now already 20 y/o) and her older sister and her cousin - but while vacation in Cebu is always a nice time for me, to live and to work there is not easy as a young local with low education and very little income, no healthcare and not to talk about the jobless rate. Many parts of Cebu City are really nothing but a slum, not without danger to be out during nighttime as a foreigner.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby davewe » Wed May 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Yohan wrote:I am also back from Philippines, Cebu after nice vacation with my Filipina foster daughter (now already 20 y/o) and her older sister and her cousin - but while vacation in Cebu is always a nice time for me, to live and to work there is not easy as a young local with low education and very little income, no healthcare and not to talk about the jobless rate. Many parts of Cebu City are really nothing but a slum, not without danger to be out during nighttime as a foreigner.

Agreed. Cebu City, while not as intense as Manila, is not a place I want to spend much time in and Janet and I agreed that it would never be a place to retire in. But the rest of Cebu province - that's a different story.

For good or bad, several of Janet's younger siblings have moved to Cebu City for the work.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand