Just got back from the PI

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Just got back from the PI

Post by davewe »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Just got back from the PI

Post by Jester »

Nice to see good family relations in a Fil-Am marriage, especially in the area of money, about which some worry.

Thanks for sharing.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

Post by MustVisitAsia123 »

Awesome!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Always a pleasure to read your blog posts, Dave, and good to see you and Janet still going strong. You're one lucky man and I hope you will have many more Filipino adventures ahead, and share them with us.

All this really makes me excited for my own retirement! :D
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I am also back from Philippines, Cebu after nice vacation with my Filipina foster daughter (now already 20 y/o) and her older sister and her cousin - but while vacation in Cebu is always a nice time for me, to live and to work there is not easy as a young local with low education and very little income, no healthcare and not to talk about the jobless rate. Many parts of Cebu City are really nothing but a slum, not without danger to be out during nighttime as a foreigner.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Yohan wrote:I am also back from Philippines, Cebu after nice vacation with my Filipina foster daughter (now already 20 y/o) and her older sister and her cousin - but while vacation in Cebu is always a nice time for me, to live and to work there is not easy as a young local with low education and very little income, no healthcare and not to talk about the jobless rate. Many parts of Cebu City are really nothing but a slum, not without danger to be out during nighttime as a foreigner.
Agreed. Cebu City, while not as intense as Manila, is not a place I want to spend much time in and Janet and I agreed that it would never be a place to retire in. But the rest of Cebu province - that's a different story.

For good or bad, several of Janet's younger siblings have moved to Cebu City for the work.