Philippines Socioeconomic Strata

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Philippines Socioeconomic Strata

Post by Dragon »

Hey guys, I stumbled upon this chart and I was wondering if this was an accurate representation of the socioeconomic status in the Philippines?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Philippines Socioeconomic Strata

Post by davewe »

It's a nice chart - thanks for sharing. Assuming it's accurate though, what does it really mean? If I read the figures right Middle Class is being defined as 57k-702K/year ($1300 - $16,000/year). That ain't much.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

davewe wrote:It's a nice chart - thanks for sharing. Assuming it's accurate though, what does it really mean? If I read the figures right Middle Class is being defined as 57k-702K/year ($1300 - $16,000/year). That ain't much.
It really isn't. I was hoping there would be someone on the board who has lived there and could offer some kind of input on its accuracy.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Middle class in the Philippines is an income of $800/month. Most of the middle class live in Manila where wages are higher. In Cebu most people make under $500 on average.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs