Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

India

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

India

Postby abcdavid01 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:19 am

Has anyone been to India? I've been reading Indian history and it seems like a place I might want to visit. Actually, I have a job in China for the first half of next year. Afterwards I was thinking of travelling to Europe, but India seems cool. Is it worth it? What's there? Best city? Is it dangerous besides the expected pickpockets/scams? Oh, and can I get by in just English if I stick to the cities?
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Re: India

Postby zboy1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:39 am

I wonder if GuitarGuy is still around? Abcdavid, you might want to PM him for details. He said he dated and slept with an Indian chick while he was there.

One thing: from other expats I've talked to who have been to India, there's absolutely no way you won't get sick at least once, while in India. The country is so dirty, it's impossible to stay healthy the whole time you're there. If you think China is dirty, India is on whole 'nother level.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: India

Postby Yohan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:34 pm

zboy1 wrote:... there's absolutely no way you won't get sick at least once, while in India. The country is so dirty, it's impossible to stay healthy the whole time you're there. If you think China is dirty, India is on whole 'nother level.

This is true, India is horribly dirty especially in some areas around the cities, but Pakistan is even worse...

However India is worth a trip, just for some interesting vacation.
Already long time ago, I had no problem to communicate in English.

It's not a dangerous place in general, if you use some common sense. People are not shy and you can take many pictures almost everywhere.
Unfortunately I do not have enough time for a trip, this is a wide area, and you can travel around for many weeks or even months....

I have not been there since many years, so I cannot say anything about the situation in India now.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand