Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Loyalty in Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby mentor » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:47 am

Lots of people with experiences with good and respective asian girls, talk about their loyalty.
I am especially interested in filipinas, but it seems that loyalty is a main value for all the surrounding asian countries.
I am talking about serious long term relationships.

I would like to have a discussion about this 'loyalty' topic, what does it really means for these girls, and what someone would expect from a serious girl with loyalty.
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:52 pm







Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby Zambales » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:37 pm

A loyal Filipina will expect loyalty back. Anything less and hubby could be off to the cemetery quicker than he thought. Do not underestimate them.
User avatar
Zambales
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:49 pm

What if you tell them you'll be loyal but you want to see and have sex with other girls on the side?
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby mentor » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:52 pm

A friend of mine, told me that the good girls, are so good, that even if they never worked in their lives in formal jobs,
if the husband for any reason cannot work anymore (for example-an accident), a filipina could make any work, get back to the house and give the money to the husband!
I was shocked when I heard it.

Most westernized girls, would have abandoned the man, and leave him helpless, in the vast majority of cases.
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby davewe » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:What if you tell them you'll be loyal but you want to see and have sex with other girls on the side?


Time for the bolo :)

Filipinas do not consider that loyalty. Hell, even I don't consider that loyalty. Some may tolerate it (Filipinos are notorious cheaters) but many will not - and they definitely will not tolerate it with a foreigner. Of course there are always exceptions, but as I say, I would watch out for the bolo.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby Hero » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:46 pm

A lot of Filipinas have no problem playing the field until the day they get engaged (or even married). I don't know about after they're married.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:03 pm

davewe wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:What if you tell them you'll be loyal but you want to see and have sex with other girls on the side?


Time for the bolo :)

Filipinas do not consider that loyalty. Hell, even I don't consider that loyalty. Some may tolerate it (Filipinos are notorious cheaters) but many will not - and they definitely will not tolerate it with a foreigner. Of course there are always exceptions, but as I say, I would watch out for the bolo.


You mean that they'll tolerate it less with a foreigner because they have higher expectations and would therefore be disappointed, or is there some other reason?
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby davewe » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:36 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:
davewe wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:What if you tell them you'll be loyal but you want to see and have sex with other girls on the side?


Time for the bolo :)

Filipinas do not consider that loyalty. Hell, even I don't consider that loyalty. Some may tolerate it (Filipinos are notorious cheaters) but many will not - and they definitely will not tolerate it with a foreigner. Of course there are always exceptions, but as I say, I would watch out for the bolo.


You mean that they'll tolerate it less with a foreigner because they have higher expectations and would therefore be disappointed, or is there some other reason?


I don't know why you think they ought to tolerate it. But my point is that one of the stereotypes (whether true or not) about foreign men is that they are more faithful than Pinoys. Some Filipinas are interested in foreigners based on that notion. But if you tell her in advance you're gonna sleep with others - well she can get that same thing from a Pinoy.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:31 pm

davewe wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:
davewe wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:What if you tell them you'll be loyal but you want to see and have sex with other girls on the side?


Time for the bolo :)

Filipinas do not consider that loyalty. Hell, even I don't consider that loyalty. Some may tolerate it (Filipinos are notorious cheaters) but many will not - and they definitely will not tolerate it with a foreigner. Of course there are always exceptions, but as I say, I would watch out for the bolo.


You mean that they'll tolerate it less with a foreigner because they have higher expectations and would therefore be disappointed, or is there some other reason?


I don't know why you think they ought to tolerate it. But my point is that one of the stereotypes (whether true or not) about foreign men is that they are more faithful than Pinoys. Some Filipinas are interested in foreigners based on that notion. But if you tell her in advance you're gonna sleep with others - well she can get that same thing from a Pinoy.


I'm not saying that they should. But it would be nice. I just think it's better for a man to not limit himself to having sex with one woman for the rest of his life. I would have thought that some filipinas would be ok with a man having sex on the side just as long as he's loyal in every other way (provides, doesn't leave her).
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby Hero » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:03 am

I even knew a married Filipina who hinted to me that she'd like to have a fling with me. She told me to let her know when I'd be visiting the Philippines again, and she'd be my tour guide. :shock: I'd bet there are quite a few married Filipinas who'd have an affair with a American man.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby Gadfly » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:07 am

Johnny1975 wrote:
davewe wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:
davewe wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:What if you tell them you'll be loyal but you want to see and have sex with other girls on the side?


Time for the bolo :)

Filipinas do not consider that loyalty. Hell, even I don't consider that loyalty. Some may tolerate it (Filipinos are notorious cheaters) but many will not - and they definitely will not tolerate it with a foreigner. Of course there are always exceptions, but as I say, I would watch out for the bolo.


You mean that they'll tolerate it less with a foreigner because they have higher expectations and would therefore be disappointed, or is there some other reason?


I don't know why you think they ought to tolerate it. But my point is that one of the stereotypes (whether true or not) about foreign men is that they are more faithful than Pinoys. Some Filipinas are interested in foreigners based on that notion. But if you tell her in advance you're gonna sleep with others - well she can get that same thing from a Pinoy.


I'm not saying that they should. But it would be nice. I just think it's better for a man to not limit himself to having sex with one woman for the rest of his life. I would have thought that some filipinas would be ok with a man having sex on the side just as long as he's loyal in every other way (provides, doesn't leave her).


Do you even bother to think before you write?

First you say: "I'm not saying that [Filipinas] should [tolerate men cheating]..."

thus falsely implying agreement that Filipinas shouldn't tolerate it. So right off the bat, you're dishonest.

Because then you say, "it's better for a man to not limit himself to having sex with one woman for the rest of his life."

Well, if it's "better," then logically Filipinas should tolerate men cheating. Right?

Or is it "better" more for one party than for the other?

And if it's "better," why go through the motions of pledging fidelity to her in marriage?

And if it's "better," why hasn't this view (presumably shared by many of your fellow men) been put into widespread practice in your own society? With your own women? You see how stupid your post is?

FYI women everywhere tend to be jealous and possessive of their one man. Why Filipinas would be the exception to this natural rule is a mystery to me. I don't know where you get this idea that Filipinas will accept infidelity and disloyalty, while your women (or any other women) won't. Not only does that sound self-serving, that also makes absolutely no sense at all.

Many men who don't want attachments go to prostitutes. There's plenty of that in the Philippines, and that might actually be your thing. It's obvious you don't have enough experience with women (or just life experience in general) to understand what the word "loyalty" is. Otherwise you never would have written up your post in the first place.
Last edited by Gadfly on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gadfly
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:13 am

Loyalty in women is an illusion. That said, their choices will be influenced by their upbringing and what the culture says is acceptable.

In the case of the Philippines, then, you want to look for girls with good upbringings for wife material because the culture is very promiscuous.

Don't fail to understand for a moment that women will get wet for other guys even when she is with you. Doesn't mean she will cheat, but that's where the good upbringing comes in.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby mentor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:49 am

I would like to focus on how loyal the good filipina girls are.
Not about the guys.
The normal expectation of course, is that the guy also should be loyal.
I heard some stories that even the good girls are tolerant.

When I opened the topic, I have in my mind another aspect of this whole thing called loyalty, like their 'faith' and commitment to the one she loves, their devotion to the man and the serious relationship, their efforts to keep alive the relationship and give and take satisfaction and happiness and so on.

I would like to have a discussion in these topics, I think they are loyalty's aspects too.
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby The_Adventurer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:53 am

Gadfly wrote:FYI women everywhere tend to be jealous and possessive of their one man. Why Filipinas would be the exception to this natural rule is a mystery to me. I don't know where you get this idea that Filipinas will accept infidelity and disloyalty, while your women (or any other women) won't. Not only does that sound self-serving, that also makes absolutely no sense at all.


Not to sound like I condone such behaviour, but it is an often told story in many parts of Asia that as long as the husband is discreet about it, and doesn't embarrass the family in any way, the wife will tolerate him playing on the side.

Ghost wrote:Loyalty in women is an illusion. That said, their choices will be influenced by their upbringing and what the culture says is acceptable.


Loyalty is part of confucian teachings in China and is a huge part of their culture. I have seen some Chinese women remain loyal through some incredibly horrible things, even the husband having a baby with another woman.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
User avatar
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Re: Loyalty in Filipinas

Postby Johnny1975 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:31 am

Gadfly wrote:Do you even bother to think before you write?

First you say: "I'm not saying that [Filipinas] should [tolerate men cheating]..."

thus falsely implying agreement that Filipinas shouldn't tolerate it. So right off the bat, you're dishonest.

Because then you say, "it's better for a man to not limit himself to having sex with one woman for the rest of his life."

Well, if it's "better," then logically Filipinas should tolerate men cheating. Right?

Or is it "better" more for one party than for the other?

And if it's "better," why go through the motions of pledging fidelity to her in marriage?

And if it's "better," why hasn't this view (presumably shared by many of your fellow men) been put into widespread practice in your own society? With your own women? You see how stupid your post is?

FYI women everywhere tend to be jealous and possessive of their one man. Why Filipinas would be the exception to this natural rule is a mystery to me. I don't know where you get this idea that Filipinas will accept infidelity and disloyalty, while your women (or any other women) won't. Not only does that sound self-serving, that also makes absolutely no sense at all.

Many men who don't want attachments go to prostitutes. There's plenty of that in the Philippines, and that might actually be your thing. It's obvious you don't have enough experience with women (or just life experience in general) to understand what the word "loyalty" is. Otherwise you never would have written up your post in the first place.


I usually put in some effort in responding to people who grossly misunderstand every word I say. I try to explain precisely what they misunderstood and why. I take as long as it takes. But I'm not going to do it now. No way. It would be an utter waste of my time. A well thought out response has to be earned. You have not earned one.
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: yick and 3 guests