Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Submissiveness of Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: The Submissiveness of Filipinas

Postby mentor » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:30 am

Once again, I am talking with a girl, and I am the only one who asks questions and go on the conversation.
Is this a sign of submissiveness?
mentor
Freshman Poster

Postby Hero » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:37 am

mentor wrote:Once again, I am talking with a girl, and I am the only one who asks questions and go on the conversation.

Nope, it's just a sign that she's a terrible conversationalist. Unfortunately, there are a lot of those in the Philippines. My advice is to move on.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby mentor » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Hero wrote:
mentor wrote:Once again, I am talking with a girl, and I am the only one who asks questions and go on the conversation.

Nope, it's just a sign that she's a terrible conversationalist. Unfortunately, there are a lot of those in the Philippines. My advice is to move on.

I don't think that being a ' terrible conversationalist', is so bad.

I have fed up to having all the time, 'negotiations' for anything, with my previous western girl. Always arguments for every single thing!
Simplicity and nothing else. This is what I want.
I am ready to compromise.
I just want my peace of mind.
I like intellectual discussions.
But if I have to choose, I prefer 'terrible conversationalist' than a 'great negotiator'!
mentor
Freshman Poster

Postby Hero » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:42 pm

mentor wrote:I don't think that being a ' terrible conversationalist', is so bad.

I have fed up to having all the time, 'negotiations' for anything, with my previous western girl. Always arguments for every single thing!
Simplicity and nothing else. This is what I want.
I am ready to compromise.
I just want my peace of mind.
I like intellectual discussions.
But if I have to choose, I prefer 'terrible conversationalist' than a 'great negotiator'!

Fair enough. As for me, it drives me nuts when a Filipina responds to every question with a one-word answer, and when she's so reluctant to volunteer any information about herself. It's almost as if she were trying to hide something. In fact, I had a Filipina friend like that and I found out that she was hiding the fact that she had a baby.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby davewe » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:52 pm

You also have to distinguish between chat communication, video communication and real in person communication. They are not the same at all. The girl who is "shy" chatting may be dynamic camming or in person, or vice versa. The girl might be a poor typist, but speak well on cam. She may be dynamic and lively on the cam but shy as hell in person (till she gets to know you).

Just another reason that online is a nice start but only tells you so much until you meet them.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby Hero » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:21 am

davewe wrote: The girl who is "shy" chatting may be dynamic camming or in person, or vice versa.

Yep, I met one of the "vice-versa" girls. I couldn't believe it. It was like talking to 2 completely different people.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby mentor » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:29 am

It seems very strange to me.
You could be shy in text chat, and dynamic in person or in videoconference?
mentor
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand