Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Can Non-Christians in Asia become Christians?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Can Non-Christians in Asia become Christians?

Postby mentor » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:02 am

Besides Philippines, the christian population is still the minority in this part of Asia.
All articles I read, tell that christianity vastly expands in these countries. In some decades, they will be christian countries!
But for now, they still have faith to other religions.

Recently, I met a guy who was married to a a girl from Vietnam.
She became christian after some time, as the guy was christian.
So I guess maybe it is not a big problem for a girl with other religion, to become christian.
But I want to discuss it here. I am mainly talking about Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia.

Tell any related experience about this topic.
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:52 pm







Re: Non christians - become christians?

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:20 am

You are always asking for people's experiences and never sharing your own. You ask for information but give very little information about yourself. And when someone replies to you with a long, well-thought-of answer, you reply with only a few words, ignoring about 95% of the reply.

You are stubborn, you do not listen, and you seem unwilling to really give things a try, to travel and figure out things for yourself. We can tell you a million things, we can give a million examples, and you will not learn a thing unless you start DOING things, EXPERIENCING things.

I do not believe there is any value in conversing with a brick wall any further. And I do not believe any Asian girl would go for such a man, let alone switch religions for him and dedicate her life to him. You want a wife, from a continent you say you want to learn more about, but at the same time refuse to visit. And when someone points out how unlikely you are to succeed, you cry about being attacked.

Good luck. You will need it.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Non christians - become christians?

Postby AsiaHand » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:11 am

Not going to delve into this one too much further, but there are lots of Vietnamese Christians (mostly Catholic), so you should be able to meet a nice Viet girl and not worry about her having to change her religion.
AsiaHand
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:06 am
Location: Southeast Asia

Re: Non christians - become christians?

Postby Ghost » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:20 pm

I doubt most Asian countries are going to change their religions anytime soon. Ministries have an incentive to make it seem like things are really changing. Look up how many Christians are in China, and compare it to the total population. It would take centuries, if the trends held.

By the way, why did you choose the username 'mentor'? Your posts are like that of a student. Just seems odd, no insult intended.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Non christians - become christians?

Postby mentor » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Christianity spreads. I am not telling it by myself.

"China is on course, over the next 15 years, to become the world’s most populous Christian nation. "
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/30/china-christianity-removal-crosses-communist-party-churches

''2 Million Indonesian Muslims Find Jesus Per Year'
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/49079-can-this-be-true-2-million-indonesian-muslims-find-jesus-per-year
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Non christians - become christians?

Postby Eightfold Path » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:51 pm

mentor wrote:Christianity spreads. I am not telling it by myself.

"China is on course, over the next 15 years, to become the world’s most populous Christian nation. "
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/30/china-christianity-removal-crosses-communist-party-churches

''2 Million Indonesian Muslims Find Jesus Per Year'
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/49079-can-this-be-true-2-million-indonesian-muslims-find-jesus-per-year

Bad news then.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Re: Non christians - become christians?

Postby Adama » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:43 pm

When Nicki Minaj admits that she is possessed by a demon named Roman, who won't go away, because "people conjured him up," do you think she is joking? When Denzel Washington says that he had to commune with the spirits in order to do a scene in the film Glory, do you think he was speaking figuratively? When Bob Dylan tells 60 minutes that he made a deal with the captain of this world and the world we can not see in order to become rich and famous, do you think he was speaking in a metaphor? When Beyonce says that Sasha Fierce enters her body, takes over, and that she can not sing or dance without her demon, do you think she's just talking about another aspect of her own personality?

When you can see Katy Perry's eyes go into a trance state, and someone else take over her, live on stage, do you disbelieve your own eyes?

When Winston talks about how he was able to cast spells and do other sorcery, do you think that was just his imagination, or that he was lying?

Demons are real. That means Satan is real. That is supernatural proof that we are in a spiritual war over our very own souls. Without Jesus Christ, you will not prevail in this war. Satan will win by default if a person doesnt accept Christ as their Savior (by belief, not by works).
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Non christians - become christians?

Postby Adama » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:46 pm

Eightfold Path wrote:
mentor wrote:Christianity spreads. I am not telling it by myself.

"China is on course, over the next 15 years, to become the world’s most populous Christian nation. "
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/30/china-christianity-removal-crosses-communist-party-churches

''2 Million Indonesian Muslims Find Jesus Per Year'
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/49079-can-this-be-true-2-million-indonesian-muslims-find-jesus-per-year

Bad news then.


No, the gospel of Christ is THE GOOD NEWS. Not Bad News. Bad News would be meditating to open your third eye; practicing yoga; and chanting, which are all disguised ways of worshiping demons and opening the door to demonic possession.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Non christians - become christians?

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Adama wrote:No, the gospel of Christ is THE GOOD NEWS. Not Bad News. Bad News would be meditating to open your third eye; practicing yoga; and chanting, which are all disguised ways of worshiping demons and opening the door to demonic possession.


I don't know man, I think you are taking your un-Biblical superstitions a bit too far. Nowhere in the Bible have I found a mention of yoga, and how a bunch of new-age ladies in tight spandex pants pretending to be a swan doing stretching exercises invites Satan, eludes me.

I would prefer living next to a peaceful family of Buddhists, then an Evangelical preacher who hits his wife and sleeps with a woman in his church. Or a priest who steals money from his community. There are individual people who are the "spiritual type", who are not Christians but act far more Christian then some Christians I know. So many self-proclaimed men and women of God abuse their children, lie, steal, cheat and sin day in, day out, so a few Buddhists and their new age mumbo-jumbo should be the least of your concerns. First, look at those among your own ranks who misbehave. It's better to have a small group that is truly righteous, then a large group full of rotten apples. Quality over quantity.

It seems to me like the continent of Asia has done just fine without Christianity.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Non christians - become christians?

Postby Adama » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:27 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Adama wrote:No, the gospel of Christ is THE GOOD NEWS. Not Bad News. Bad News would be meditating to open your third eye; practicing yoga; and chanting, which are all disguised ways of worshiping demons and opening the door to demonic possession.


I don't know man, I think you are taking your un-Biblical superstitions a bit too far. Nowhere in the Bible have I found a mention of yoga, and how a bunch of new-age ladies in tight spandex pants pretending to be a swan doing stretching exercises invites Satan, eludes me.

I would prefer living next to a peaceful family of Buddhists, then an Evangelical preacher who hits his wife and sleeps with a woman in his church. Or a priest who steals money from his community. There are individual people who are the "spiritual type", who are not Christians but act far more Christian then some Christians I know. So many self-proclaimed men and women of God abuse their children, lie, steal, cheat and sin day in, day out, so a few Buddhists and their new age mumbo-jumbo should be the least of your concerns. First, look at those among your own ranks who misbehave. It's better to have a small group that is truly righteous, then a large group full of rotten apples. Quality over quantity.

It seems to me like the continent of Asia has done just fine without Christianity.



Sure the Bible says that. It says not to worship any other gods. You're not even supposed to be a buddhist or a hindu, because that is worshiping other gods. Yoga, chanting and meditation are different ways of summoning demons. Of course their religions do not say that, because they are deceived.

Since you do not believe that heaven and hell are real, you can not understand this. That is why you think the way you do. That's why you believe that Buddhism is just another alternate religion. It couldnt possibly be that Satan has found another way to divert worship onto himself and away from God. Once you realize demonic spirits are real, that should lead you to Jesus Christ by itself, unless you are like Winston.

Demonic possession is real. Meditation, chanting, yoga each summon demons. Does the Bible list every single last thing about every other religious practice that we are supposed to avoid? Of course it doesnt it. He does tell us not to worship other gods. Who meditates? Who does yoga? Who chants?

Jesus did warn us to avoid vain repetitions, which is chanting, though.

Yoga is a specific way the Hindus practice their religion (the worship of demons). The practice of Yoga was extracted from there, taught as wellness exercise, and now millions of women unwittingly worship and summon demons on a daily basis because they've been deceived into practicing a part of a foreign religion which people told them is simply exercise.

As for those Christians, I used to feel the same way. The issue is that many people claim the name Christian, but most of them do not even really believe in Christ, and of those who claim to believe in Christ, they often put their trust in their own works rather than trusting on the work Jesus did on the cross. So there are those who say they are Christian and are not, and then there are those who are Christian and actually are because they believe. The true Christians are a very tiny minority of those who claim the name Christian. So the bad Christians you see, who are the unbelievers usually, probably comprise 80% or more of Christians, and more or less embarrass true Christians. Especially since these are the same people who will defend homosexuality, abortion, etc.

Keep in mind also that many preachers are in it just for the money. They are not in it to get people into heaven or to save them from hell. Many are in it for the money, and these people will face a harsher punishment in hell than the average unbeliever will. They do give the unbelievers a reason to commit blasphemy against God, just as you may have come close to doing because of this same rationale.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Non christians - become christians?

Postby Adama » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:53 pm

I met this muslim guy once. He told me that he memorized their list of over 100 different names for Allah. He said that as he prays and begins to recite this list of 100 names for Allah, he goes into a trance state effortlessly by about the 20th name.

Why do I bring this up? Because he basically admitted that he summons a demon, and by the time he gets to the 20th name, the demon takes over his body.

All this while he is facing east, worshiping the black cube in Mecca.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Can Non-Christians in Asia become Christians?

Postby Winston » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:10 pm

Where did this assumption come from that Christianity is increasing in Asia? Christianity has been dwindling the last few decades all over the world as more and more people become Atheist or turn to New Age or Buddhist/Eastern Religions. Church membership has been dwindling. That's what I've heard and it seems to be true.

Christianity was meant to dominate the last 2000 years because it was meant to govern the Age of Pisces, which is coming to an end. Now that we are entering the Age of Aquarius, the new dominant religion will be technology and transhumanism. That's why Christianity has been dwindling in popularity the last few decades. Listen to Michael Tsarion and Jordan Maxwell's podcasts and lectures on YouTube about Astrotheology. They have gone into this many times. For example, the reason why Jesus was depicted with the symbol of the fish, was because he was meant to open the era of the Age of Pisces. And in the book of Exodus, when Moses came down from Mt Sinai and the Israelites were worshipping a golden calf, it was because the calf represented the Age of Aries the ram, which was the period they were in. Also, the Judaic tradition of blowing the ram horn was also due to the Age of Aries since Aries is a ram. Etc. Etc. You guys need to look up "Astrotheology". It's even explained in the first part of the popular internet movie "Zeitgeist".

Plus, Christianity is anti-thinking in that the more you think about it and ask questions about it, the less Christianity makes sense and the less you believe, because it's premises don't make any sense. For example, why would God allow Satan to come into the Garden of Eden and ruin his whole creation like that? And why would God punish mankind but not Satan? Furthermore, Satan is never mentioned in Genesis so there is no reason to believe that the Serpent was Satan. That's just a Christian invention. Moreover, the notion that all evil and suffering in the world come from Adam and Eve biting into a fruit from a forbidden tree is totally ludicrous and nonsensical.

There are thousands of things like that that don't make sense and don't add up in Christianity. So the more people think and ask questions, the less they believe. That's another reason why Christianity is losing converts. There is too much anti-Christian stuff on the net that is too easy to find that probably dissuades people from turning Christian. Before the internet, it was harder to find information and required legwork at the library to do so. Nowadays with information being more easy to access, people who research both Christian and anti-Christian material to hear from both sides are likely to not buy into its claims anymore.

Furthermore, Christianity has lost a lot of credibility in that for 2000 years, Christians have kept prophesizing the End Times as coming within their generation and it has failed every time, 100 percent of the time. With each failed prophecy of "the end times coming soon", more and more of its credibility gets lost. When that happens thousands of times over the course of 2000 years, its credibility is heavily damaged to a thinking person. So the religion looks like a sham full of obvious failures. This probably affects the dwindling popularity of Christianity as well.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Can Non-Christians in Asia become Christians?

Postby Adama » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:47 pm

Winston wrote:Where did this assumption come from that Christianity is increasing in Asia? Christianity has been dwindling the last few decades all over the world as more and more people become Atheist or turn to New Age or Buddhist/Eastern Religions. Church membership has been dwindling. That's what I've heard and it seems to be true.

Christianity was meant to dominate the last 2000 years because it was meant to govern the Age of Pisces, which is coming to an end. Now that we are entering the Age of Aquarius, the new dominant religion will be technology and transhumanism. That's why Christianity has been dwindling in popularity the last few decades. Listen to Michael Tsarion and Jordan Maxwell's podcasts and lectures on YouTube about Astrotheology. They have gone into this many times. For example, the reason why Jesus was depicted with the symbol of the fish, was because he was meant to open the era of the Age of Pisces. And in the book of Exodus, when Moses came down from Mt Sinai and the Israelites were worshipping a golden calf, it was because the calf represented the Age of Aries the ram, which was the period they were in. Also, the Judaic tradition of blowing the ram horn was also due to the Age of Aries since Aries is a ram. Etc. Etc. You guys need to look up "Astrotheology". It's even explained in the first part of the popular internet movie "Zeitgeist".

Plus, Christianity is anti-thinking in that the more you think about it and ask questions about it, the less Christianity makes sense and the less you believe, because it's premises don't make any sense. For example, why would God allow Satan to come into the Garden of Eden and ruin his whole creation like that? And why would God punish mankind but not Satan? Furthermore, Satan is never mentioned in Genesis so there is no reason to believe that the Serpent was Satan. That's just a Christian invention. Moreover, the notion that all evil and suffering in the world come from Adam and Eve biting into a fruit from a forbidden tree is totally ludicrous and nonsensical.

There are thousands of things like that that don't make sense and don't add up in Christianity. So the more people think and ask questions, the less they believe. That's another reason why Christianity is losing converts. There is too much anti-Christian stuff on the net that is too easy to find that probably dissuades people from turning Christian. Before the internet, it was harder to find information and required legwork at the library to do so. Nowadays with information being more easy to access, people who research both Christian and anti-Christian material to hear from both sides are likely to not buy into its claims anymore.

Furthermore, Christianity has lost a lot of credibility in that for 2000 years, Christians have kept prophesizing the End Times as coming within their generation and it has failed every time, 100 percent of the time. With each failed prophecy of "the end times coming soon", more and more of its credibility gets lost. When that happens thousands of times over the course of 2000 years, its credibility is heavily damaged to a thinking person. So the religion looks like a sham full of obvious failures. This probably affects the dwindling popularity of Christianity as well.


The serpent is another name for Satan. It says exactly that elsewhere in the Bible. The reason you don't understand the Bible is because you do not have the gift of the Holy Ghost living inside you. Only the Holy Ghost can interpret scripture. Every believer is given the gift of the Holy Ghost. If you don't understand, that means you do not have the Holy Ghost, which also means you do not have eternal life in heaven.

It seems you believe those two men you cited, who claim Jesus was real, but then you go on to reject the implications of what that really means. You come so close to the truth, only to reject the part that really matters, only skirting the very edges, but never wanting to get close enough to enjoy the true meat of it, because you already know it would mean you'd eventually have to stop doing whatever it is wrong that you are doing and live for God.

If Satan is real, and he is, then it makes sense that he would create apostate Christianity, in order to deceive those who are looking for Jesus, to take them off course and to damn them to hell. The Bible states clearly that no man can know the day or the hour of the Lord's second coming. If those Christians are predicting the time of Christ's return, then they are not true believers, because the Bible clearly states that no man can know exactly when. Therefore they are false versions of Christianity; the kind that does not believe the Bible.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Can Non-Christians in Asia become Christians?

Postby Winston » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:02 pm

Adama wrote:The serpent is another name for Satan. It says exactly that elsewhere in the Bible. The reason you don't understand the Bible is because you do not have the gift of the Holy Ghost living inside you. Only the Holy Ghost can interpret scripture. Every believer is given the gift of the Holy Ghost. If you don't understand, that means you do not have the Holy Ghost, which also means you do not have eternal life in heaven.

It seems you believe those two men you cited, who claim Jesus was real, but then you go on to reject the implications of what that really means. You come so close to the truth, only to reject the part that really matters, only skirting the very edges, but never wanting to get close enough to enjoy the true meat of it, because you already know it would mean you'd eventually have to stop doing whatever it is wrong that you are doing and live for God.

If Satan is real, and he is, then it makes sense that he would create apostate Christianity, in order to deceive those who are looking for Jesus, to take them off course and to damn them to hell. The Bible states clearly that no man can know the day or the hour of the Lord's second coming. If those Christians are predicting the time of Christ's return, then they are not true believers, because the Bible clearly states that no man can know exactly when. Therefore they are false versions of Christianity; the kind that does not believe the Bible.


Christians may claim that the Serpent was Satan. Yes the NT refers to the Serpent as Satan. But the OT does not. In fact, the OT refers to Satan as "the opposer" not as a devil. Why do you think Satan was sitting in God's court in the book of Job like he was part of his entourage of advisors? The point is, whoever wrote the book of Genesis NEVER said that the Serpent was Satan or even a devil. Christians created that concept and connection. Anyone can write anything in a book.

The Holy Ghost thing makes no sense. There are many devout sincere Christians who claim to be filled with the Holy Spirit, yet they all differ on their interpretation of the Bible. How do you explain that? There are thousands of denominations in Christianity. Sorry but even very SINCERE Christians have different interpretations of the Bible. You can't deny that. So why would the Holy Spirit give everyone a different interpretation? That makes no sense. You've lost this one.

Those two men I cited -- Michael Tsarion and Jordan Maxell -- did not say that Jesus was real. They only said that the religion of Christianity is meant to govern the Age of Pisces. They say that Jesus could very well have been made up, but not necessarily. There could have been a historical Jesus, but that person most likely was different than the Jesus of the Gospels. That's what non-religious historians think too. And that's the conclusion of the Jesus Seminar as well.

You treat Satan like a boogeyman. Even if Satan and God are real, it doesn't mean that the Bible is perfect or true or even honest. Like any religion, it contains truths, falsehoods, good advice, bad advice, crazy ideas,dangerous teachings, wisdom, etc. It's good in small doses, because it provides you with a moral compass, but not good to take too seriously lest you become a fanatic with a closed mind and warped sense of reality, thus preventing you from learning new things as a truth seeker.

There is a saying, "The Bible is a good book for good people, and a dangerous book for dangerous people."
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Can Non-Christians in Asia become Christians?

Postby Adama » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:16 pm

The obvious answer is that Satan had multiple jobs while in heaven. He was the head of music, the light bearer, son of the morning, the adversary. By adversary and opponent, they mean something similar to a district attorney, or prosecutor. He is the one who brings forth your sins to God. He is the one trying to seal your damnation.

The Old Testament is meant to point us toward the New Testament. Together they make the Bible whole. Because each author possessed the Holy Spirit of God, and it was inspired by God, we know the Bible is the truth.

How is it you know which Christians have the Holy Ghost and which do not? I am telling you that most people who claim to be Christian are not true believers and therefore do not possess the Holy Ghost. Therefore you are probably led astray by the great many Christians who call Jesus Lord but whose hearts are separated far from Him. In other words, just as I keep saying, just because a person says they are a Christian, it does not mean they actually are one as far as God is concerned.

Satan is not a boogeyman. The boogeyman is not real. There are no falsehoods in the Bible. You simply do not understand. That is the difference.

How dangerous and extreme can the Bible be compared to practicing witchcraft, sorcery, casting spells, communing with spirits, and playing with tarot cards?

The warped sense of reality is the veil that Satan has blinded unbelievers with. I am definitely a truth seeker. You know this.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], momopi and 5 guests