Decoding Filipina online dating lingo

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Decoding Filipina online dating lingo

Post by firahs75 »

So when a girl states in her profile that she is looking for a guy that will love and/or accept her family, am I correct in assuming that the translation is: "Looking for a man who will support all of my deadbeat relatives"

Also, when she says she is looking for a generous man, is it code for "I am looking for a walking ATM machine" ?

I just love how in all these dating profiles (especially here in the USA), everyone has a whole laundry list of demands of what they want from a partner, but they never state what it is that they have to offer a prospective partner. Of course, the American women's profiles are the worst....God, they make me just want to barf.
Last edited by firahs75 on November 9th, 2015, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Decoding Filipina online dating lingo

Post by davewe »

firahs75 wrote:So when a girl states in her profile that she is looking for a guy that will love and/or accept her family, am I correct in assuming that the translation is: "Looking for a man who will support all of my deadbeat relatives"

Also, when she says she is looking for a generous man, it is code for "I am looking for a walking ATM machine", right?

I just love how in all these dating profiles (especially here in the USA), everyone has a whole laundry list of demands of what they want from a partner, but they never state what it is that they have to offer a prospective partner. Of course, the American women's profiles are the worst....God, they make me just want to barf.
I think the word "generous" would be a complete red flag. I don't remember anyone (even the bad girls) using that word in a profile when I was online. But several girls used it in early conversations and it was obvious what they meant.

You may also be correct about the "family" statement but it is also possible that a girl wants to tell you that she has a large family or a very poor family or just that her family is important to her.

When I was preparing to meet my wife's family for the first time, my wife was terrified, believing I would be horrified. At first we proposed that we meet at a local restaurant. Her mother said no to that; "bring him here." I think she wanted everyone to meet me and wanted me to know the kind of environment my wife had grown up in.

Ultimately what's in the profile is not as important as what she says in those first few conversations. That will tell you where she is at.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

firahs75 wrote:So when a girl states in her profile that she is looking for a guy that will love and/or accept her family, am I correct in assuming that the translation is: "Looking for a man who will support all of my deadbeat relatives"
Not necessarily. Family is a big thing in the Phils.

Best to tell her early on that under no circumstances will you support the family. You need her to want you as a person, not what you can provide for her or her family. And never send any money even it is a small amount. Very important.

As for the 'generous' comment. Yup, most definitely a red flag. Stay clear.

Look for women who see security in love not money, the ones who specifically want romantic guys who are faithful & honest.
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Post by firahs75 »

davewe wrote:

Also, when she says she is looking for a generous man, it is code for "I am looking for a walking ATM machine", right?

Ultimately what's in the profile is not as important as what she says in those first few conversations. That will tell you where she is at.
Yeah, I learned early on to run for the hills when during that first conversation you ask the girl how she is doing and she responds "Not good..."
Now when I hear that I may toy with them, depending on my mood (because f*** them, they shouldn't be scamming people).

I have never sent any money to anyone though. I learned the ropes from having a few Khmer gf's when I lived in Cambo...met some older and wiser expats who schooled me before the damage$ exceeded the high three figures :)
Last edited by firahs75 on November 9th, 2015, 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Post by firahs75 »

Zambales wrote:
Look for women who see security in love not money, the ones who specifically want romantic guys who are faithful & honest.
But don't they all state in their profile that they want a guy that is "not lier (sic), is romantic, faithful, and GOD fearing" :D

Its funny when the girls that are obviously hookers or ladyboy's go on with that bit.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

firahs75 wrote:But don't they all state in their profile that they want a guy that is "not lier (sic), is romantic, faithful, and GOD fearing" :D

Its funny when the girls that are obviously hookers or ladyboy's go on with that bit.
But who would fear God more then a hooker or a ladyboy? :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

I find they tend to describe themselves rather than what they're looking for in a man, but it usually only consists of a few words. "God fearing" and "simple" are the most popular I think.
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Post by firahs75 »

Zambales wrote:I find they tend to describe themselves rather than what they're looking for in a man, but it usually only consists of a few words. "God fearing" and "simple" are the most popular I think.
I hope by simple they mean "low maintenance" because where I am from it means borderline retarded :D
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Post by firahs75 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
firahs75 wrote:But don't they all state in their profile that they want a guy that is "not lier (sic), is romantic, faithful, and GOD fearing" :D

But who would fear God more then a hooker or a ladyboy? :lol:
Good point haha
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

firahs75 wrote:
Zambales wrote:I find they tend to describe themselves rather than what they're looking for in a man, but it usually only consists of a few words. "God fearing" and "simple" are the most popular I think.
I hope by simple they mean "low maintenance" because where I am from it means borderline retarded :D

Same here but yeah they do mean "low maintenance". I noticed on one girl's profile her favourite food was something we in the west take for granted. Bread.

When you read something like that it strikes home how fortunate we are.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

firahs75 wrote:
"Simple" has a completely different connotation in the Philippines and I asked many girls what they meant by it - you should ask also - it will explain lots about their thinking.

For many Filipinas the height of ethics and morality is saying that she is a simple Pinay.
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Post by firahs75 »

Wow...online really is bullshit...turns out to be a huge waste of time each and every time.....what did they say about repeating the same mistakes over and over and expecting different results?

To those that found the diamond amidst the coal, more power to ya....but now I am beginning to see why almost everyone says to forget online and just meet girls on the ground.
Balmung
Freshman Poster

Post by Balmung »

firahs75 wrote:Wow...online really is bullshit...turns out to be a huge waste of time each and every time.....what did they say about repeating the same mistakes over and over and expecting different results?

To those that found the diamond amidst the coal, more power to ya....but now I am beginning to see why almost everyone says to forget online and just meet girls on the ground.
I found a woman that's really top-shelf via online... did I just get lucky? Made contact in early April, lots of facebook chat, and then went to visit her in August. Chemistry in person was even better than online. She cried when we were saying goodbye. I've already bought my plane ticket to visit her during the time off I have for Christmas. We chat every day, and every day we feel a little bit closer. I'll probably relocate more or less permanently to the Philippines sometime in 2016. She's educated (BS degree), smart, kind, caring, easy going... and also super good looking. She's a great prize.

So how did I find her? On filipinocupid I used their search filters to search for EXACTLY what I wanted. Sure, some of the good traits I listed above can't be searched for directly, but some can be indirectly, or via careful reading of their profile. Search out what you want, and you're more likely to get it. How have you been going about your online searching? The ground game can work to be sure, but online I think can be good, especially for guys that want to meet women before they go over there*, or women they wouldn't normally come into contact with.

*Note: only works if you do eventually go over to visit her.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Many girls mention 'accept me of who I am'.
What does this means?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

mentor wrote:Many girls mention 'accept me of who I am'.
What does this means?
She's a single mother, something that a Filipino man would likely not put up with, but a Western man may be suckered into accepting. Or she currently has, or at some point was the owner of, a penis.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144