Thai Women vs Filipina Women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Thai Women vs Filipina Women

Post by firahs75 »

I know that I am kind of beating a dead horse, but I am wondering if anyone thinks Thai women have any redeeming qualities, especially compared to Filipinas?

I have done a lot of research online and it seems that while there are a lot of horror stories regarding Filipina wives, most accounts are positive (like 70% positive, 30% negative). With Thai ladies on the other hand, it seems like the exact opposite. In fact, I have heard and read so much negativity regarding Thais that I now have a skewed perception of them. I lived in Cambodia for a year, where many expat refugees from LOS (Land of Smiles), and they almost all uniformly condemn Thailand and Thais. Now I know that there is a good deal of selection bias in that sample of expats, but also online you hear mostly negative accounts of Thai women. I have been to Thailand 4 or 5 times, but for less than a month each time so I did not have the chance to get romantically involved with regular Thai women. To me, Thai people for the most part seemed ok...many are nice, many are indifferent, and some are jerks (like BKK cab drivers...f*** those guys)...The food, infrastructure, natural attractions, and value are fantastic.

I am visiting Phil for the first time in two weeks and I am really prepared for the worst in terms of food (I am a pescatarian and somewhat health conscious), infrastructure, and crime, based on what I have heard and read. TBH, I am going primarily to meet a nice woman (since I hear how sweet they are), and secondarily for the natural attractions.

Seems like heaven would be a Thailand full of Filipinas....any comments?
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: Thais vs Filipinas

Post by WorldTraveler »

firahs75 wrote:I know that I am kind of beating a dead horse, but I am wondering if anyone thinks Thai women have any redeeming qualities, especially compared to Filipinas?

I have done a lot of research online and it seems that while there are a lot of horror stories regarding Filipina wives, most accounts are positive (like 70% positive, 30% negative). With Thai ladies on the other hand, it seems like the exact opposite. In fact, I have heard and read so much negativity regarding Thais that I now have a skewed perception of them. I lived in Cambodia for a year, where many expat refugees from LOS (Land of Smiles), and they almost all uniformly condemn Thailand and Thais. Now I know that there is a good deal of selection bias in that sample of expats, but also online you hear mostly negative accounts of Thai women. I have been to Thailand 4 or 5 times, but for less than a month each time so I did not have the chance to get romantically involved with regular Thai women. To me, Thai people for the most part seemed ok...many are nice, many are indifferent, and some are jerks (like BKK cab drivers...f*** those guys)...The food, infrastructure, natural attractions, and value are fantastic.

I am visiting Phil for the first time in two weeks and I am really prepared for the worst in terms of food (I am a pescatarian and somewhat health conscious), infrastructure, and crime, based on what I have heard and read. TBH, I am going primarily to meet a nice woman (since I hear how sweet they are), and secondarily for the natural attractions.

What is better about Thais than Filipinas? Thais overall look better. They age better. As you said the food is better there. Housing is cheaper in Thailand.

What's better about Phil? I'd say: they speak English. They are more conservative. They are sweeter. I think it's less developed. Manila is a hell hole compared to Bangkok.

You were in Cambodia for a year? What did you like about it? What didn't you like about it? Did you have a girlfriend while you lived there. I think you have sampling bias because most of the men left Thailand to live in Cambodia, because they weren't successful there. If they had been successful, they'd have stayed. I see this all the time, loser guys dating girls 3 or 4 points higher than themselves and wonder why the girls used them. You will find your share of expat loser drunks in the Philippines too. I think you can find a nice girl, probably in any of the 3 SEA countries. I just wouldn't bring them back to the West. I'm "friends" with two Filipinas who dumped their husbands after 2 years and are now loving life in the West single. Please give us a report on Cambodia. :D
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Post by firahs75 »

WorldTraveler wrote:
firahs75 wrote:I know that I am kind of beating a dead horse, but I am wondering if anyone thinks Thai women have any redeeming qualities, especially compared to Filipinas?

What is better about Thais than Filipinas? Thais overall look better. They age better. As you said the food is better there. Housing is cheaper in Thailand.

What's better about Phil? I'd say: they speak English. They are more conservative. They are sweeter. I think it's less developed. Manila is a hell hole compared to Bangkok.

You were in Cambodia for a year? What did you like about it? What didn't you like about it? Did you have a girlfriend while you lived there. I think you have sampling bias because most of the men left Thailand to live in Cambodia, because they weren't successful there. If they had been successful, they'd have stayed. I see this all the time, loser guys dating girls 3 or 4 points higher than themselves and wonder why the girls used them. You will find your share of expat loser drunks in the Philippines too. I think you can find a nice girl, probably in any of the 3 SEA countries. I just wouldn't bring them back to the West. I'm "friends" with two Filipinas who dumped their husbands after 2 years and are now loving life in the West single. Please give us a report on Cambodia. :D
There is a saying about Cambodia that goes like this: "In Cambodia, there are three types of women: virgins, wives, and hookers."

That is pretty much the truth. Not much of a casual dating scene and unless you are a young, very handsome blonde hair/blue eyed white male, you won't be able to get laid with a non-pro during a short 2-3 week visit. Really, the only way you are gonna find a regular girlfriend (that will sleep with you) is if you are there long-term and you happen to find a girl that is mid 20's or older that has already been deflowered (Khmer guys generally won't marry girls that are not virgins). That takes time....plus there is the language barrier.

Now that being said I did find a girlfriend after about two months. She did genuinely care for me and took good care of me. I did give her a small monthly stipend to help out her family ($250) and explained up front that I didn't ever want to hear about a sick water buffalo, or a sibling's tuition etc... Family is everything, so if the family is happy, they will pressure the girl to treat you like a king even if you are a total piece of shit (I'm a nice guy, but just sayin...).

As long as the girl is not a bar girl, she most likely will not cheat on you. And if she does and the family finds out, they will probably beat the living crap out of her at the very least. They do have their share of cultural baggage and have no qualms at all about lying. Having a Cambodian gf was the first and only time I have ever struck a woman (that is a whole other story), but believe me she had it coming (no she didn't cheat on me). I know it sounds terrible but you dont know the whole story. Funny thing is, I met several other expats who said the same thing about never having struck a woman until they had a Khmer gf. Furthermore, she really loved sex and would give it to me anytime as many times as I wanted (the women there are pretty repressed sexually, so maybe that is why). We lived together for several months (needed family's permission for this) and she waited on me hand and foot, pampered me, and took complete care of the household, which was really nice.

Positives:
Cheap cost of living
Hassle free visa for infinite stay
Very good internet in PP
Decent food
$20 poon
Close proximity to other SEA capitals
Relatively safe

Negatives:
Dating scene sucks
Limited nightlife
Little in the way of attractions (Angkor is spectacular, but Sihanoukville is a cesspool of backpackers, pedophiles, meth-addicted hookers, trannies, and filthy beaches)
Provincial feel--not very cosmopolitan (you will get sick of living there after a year, trust me)
Some really creepy expats
Many products are of shabby quality
Last edited by firahs75 on November 13th, 2015, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Post by firahs75 »

WorldTraveler wrote:

I'm "friends" with two Filipinas who dumped their husbands after 2 years and are now loving life in the West single.
God...women suck. The majority are just heartless opportunists...at least a dog is loyal...
Last edited by firahs75 on November 13th, 2015, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Thai women - generally very promiscuous which has caused Thailand's birth rate to drop below 2 children/woman. They used to make good wives, they don't any more.

Filipinas - about 1 out of 3 are marriage material in the Visayas. Don't waste your time with Luzon women, a mistake many men make. Philippines birth rate is quite high at around 3 births per woman which means men are still marrying them.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Post by firahs75 »

Taco wrote:Thai women - generally very promiscuous which has caused Thailand's birth rate to drop below 2 children/woman. They used to make good wives, they don't any more.

Filipinas - about 1 out of 3 are marriage material in the Visayas. Don't waste your time with Luzon women, a mistake many men make. Philippines birth rate is quite high at around 3 births per woman which means men are still marrying them.
What is the problem with Luzon women? Are they all bad or just the ones from Manila?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

firahs75 wrote:
Taco wrote:Thai women - generally very promiscuous which has caused Thailand's birth rate to drop below 2 children/woman. They used to make good wives, they don't any more.

What is the problem with Luzon women? Are they all bad or just the ones from Manila?
Luzon women are more arrogant, opinionated and demanding. Some expats have even compared them to American women. Filipino men from the poorer provinces won't go near them.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Both countries and women from both countries have advantages and disadvantages.

A Thailand full of Filipinas?

Yes, it makes sense to look for a Filipina and bring her over to Thailand. Some Western foreign men in Thailand are doing this, however I never heard about a foreign man bringing a Thai girl over to Philippines.

It does not make sense to see only the legal/economic situation of a country or only how the women are etc. You have to consider it in a summery and pick out - case by case - which fits you best.

In my case, I live in Tokyo with a Japanese wife, I have a Filipina fosterdaughter, my working contract is from Europe, and my place for holiday/future retirement is Thailand. And if it is getting too boring, I move over for a short while to Malaysia and Cambodia.
I have to say, I am quite happy with my present situation.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Yohan wrote:Yes, it makes sense to look for a Filipina and bring her over to Thailand.
That's my plan :)
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:Random comments from the article:

"I know some of the girls in the photograph above, who are clearly recognizable. None of them truly support "poor" parents. That is BS. They often waste more in a day than most Thais spend in a month. Most of the money is wasted on clothes, shoes, jewellery, boyfriends, alcohol, drugs, cosmetics, gambling, and the lottery.

It is quite true that most of them have Thai boyfriends or husbands. They actually stand around in the street nearby drinking beer, while their wives have sex with customers. You can go see this for yourself between Sois 3 and 7 at any time.

The majority of these street girls claim they do it for aging parents and family. This is not commonly true. All of the ones that I know do not send more than the occasional thousand baht home. Many have actually received cash assistance for their family from sympathetic foreigners, but have stolen it and used the money for themselves. Most of them rent quite expensive apartments and spend money as if it grew on trees. Their lifestyle perpetuates itself, requiring more and more money.

I am not particularly sympathetic to these girls because I have always had difficulty in employing staff in my businesses, and I and my managers have offered hundreds of them a job. The problem is that they don't want to do honest work. There are, for example, millions of Thai people raising a family on 7500 baht or less - but these girls have nothing but contempt for decent people who work honestly to support themselves.

Over the years I have seen so many of these girls succumb to HIV. The percentage figure is high. Most of them have several other STD's as well. They rarely ever take a full course of antibiotics. It is common to see the diseases spread rapidly amongst their circle of friends. They do not seem to care very much, just go ahead and pretend everything is normal until one day they vanish from sight, and go back to their village to die.

As for their families, I have visited many over the years. A great many. Few that I have seen I would consider to be really poor. Most are actually farmers who could easily live very well, and do not really need much. Previously, they were pretty much self - sufficient. But nowadays they want mobile phones, beer to drink, new televisions, pickups, new houses - which they think they are entitled to. They dump this huge responsibility on their female children and sit on their backsides waiting for the cash to arrive. I usually find many young male members of the family sitting around doing nothing, the parents are indeed ignored while they drink and sleep. I do not see much support for aged parents here. And the kids are generally still going to the free village school.

How many Thai women in the villages have engaged in this occupation? Well, almost all women in most villages I have stayedd in speak rough bargirl English. They sure did not learn it in the village school.

Now most villages are getting telephones, and with it, cheap ADSL internet. Internet shops are sprouting quickly in rural villages. The owners usually also have a very profitable business arranging contacts for parents to sell their kids for sex via the social networking websites. They arrange retouched photos of the village kids by professional photographers. A search on any hard disk will also turn up hundreds of photos and pictures of their kids in revealing clothes, and sometimes no clothes at all. Regular songthaews are provided to ship the kids down to Bangkok for sex sessions with both Thais and foreigners. Many kids are sold to Thai families who want both a maid and some girl to service the men in the house. Many of these kids are very young. And what kid can refuse to have unprotected sex?

The kids become accustomed to working as prostitutes, and the cycle continues. The situation is getting worse, not better."
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

firahs75 wrote:

A couple of my friends are married to women from Manila and they're top notch. Makati girls however.....hmmm.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Thailand and the Philippines are like night and day. We're talking about totally different planets here, with so many polar opposites (infrastructure, customs, local attitudes, history, behavior of people, and so on). I have been to both countries and have dealt quite a bit with women from both countries.

Thailand is definitely more "Asian," whereas the Philippines is culturally much more Western. Whereas the Philippines has been influenced by many foreign countries, Thailand has its own sphere of influence extending into Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar.

Filipinas win hands down. Of course there are plenty of exceptions everywhere, but these are countries where people tend to follow the herd more, so clear general patterns and trends do exist among people.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Taco wrote:Luzon women are more arrogant, opinionated and demanding. Some expats have even compared them to American women. Filipino men from the poorer provinces won't go near them.
I married a Luzon woman, most of her family hailing from Ilocos in the the North. This observation of "Luzon women" could not be further from the truth. Now had she been born in Metro-Manila, perhaps there would have been some validity to this. Even then, I would apply some nuance here. At the end of the day, the island of Luzon is more then just its capital city. Thank God it is... would never in a million years want to live in Manila.

As for Thai women vs. Filipina women, from what I gather Thai women are on average more financially stable the Filipina women. Thailand as a whole has a somewhat higher standard of living, is more modernized and has a far lower birth rate indicating a far less traditional population. If you want bang for your buck and don't care much about gettin serious, I'd go for Thailand. If you want a loving and stable relationship with a traditionally minded woman, you would have a greater chance of success when you go for a Filipina.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Taco wrote:Luzon women are more arrogant, opinionated and demanding. Some expats have even compared them to American women. Filipino men from the poorer provinces won't go near them.
I married a Luzon woman, most of her family hailing from Ilocos in the the North. This observation of "Luzon women" could not be further from the truth. Now had she been born in Metro-Manila, perhaps there would have been some validity to this. Even then, I would apply some nuance here. At the end of the day, the island of Luzon is more then just its capital city. Thank God it is... would never in a million years want to live in Manila.
Yeah, I was uncomfortable with the entire lumping together of Luzon women. I don't particularly like Manila as a place to be and therefore mostly ignored women in metro Manila when I was searching (OK there was one very nice exception) but even then you can't make a blanket statement.

I married a woman from Cebu Island, so it's easy to say that's my preference. Also married a provincial girl so again I would say I prefer that. But the truth is you can go anywhere in the Philippines, city or provincial, and find sweet, attractive Filipinas.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Yohan wrote:
Both countries and women from both countries have advantages and disadvantages.

A Thailand full of Filipinas?

Yes, it makes sense to look for a Filipina and bring her over to Thailand. Some Western foreign men in Thailand are doing this, however I never heard about a foreign man bringing a Thai girl over to Philippines.

It does not make sense to see only the legal/economic situation of a country or only how the women are etc. You have to consider it in a summery and pick out - case by case - which fits you best.

In my case, I live in Tokyo with a Japanese wife, I have a Filipina fosterdaughter, my working contract is from Europe, and my place for holiday/future retirement is Thailand. And if it is getting too boring, I move over for a short while to Malaysia and Cambodia.
I have to say, I am quite happy with my present situation.
This is my plan too. I am trying to date Filipina women in Thailand. There are many here now since they are working in restaurants and in foreign companies. From the ones I meet they are more opne and not so materialistic like their Thai counterparts.

They also seem to have a better service attitude than THais