Thai Women vs Filipina Women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Thais vs Filipinas

Post by Taco »

drronnie wrote:
Yohan wrote:
firahs75 wrote:I know that I am kind of beating a dead horse, but I am wondering if anyone thinks Thai women have any redeeming qualities, especially compared to Filipinas?
Seems like heaven would be a Thailand full of Filipinas....any comments?
Both countries and women from both countries have advantages and disadvantages.

A Thailand full of Filipinas?

Yes, it makes sense to look for a Filipina and bring her over to Thailand. Some Western foreign men in Thailand are doing this, however I never heard about a foreign man bringing a Thai girl over to Philippines.

It does not make sense to see only the legal/economic situation of a country or only how the women are etc. You have to consider it in a summery and pick out - case by case - which fits you best.

In my case, I live in Tokyo with a Japanese wife, I have a Filipina fosterdaughter, my working contract is from Europe, and my place for holiday/future retirement is Thailand. And if it is getting too boring, I move over for a short while to Malaysia and Cambodia.
I have to say, I am quite happy with my present situation.
I am trying to date Filipina women in Thailand. From the ones I meet they are more opne and not so materialistic like their Thai counterparts.
There's nothing worse than an arrogant woman. Thai women do not make good wives.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Taco wrote:
drronnie wrote:
Yohan wrote:
firahs75 wrote:I know that I am kind of beating a dead horse, but I am wondering if anyone thinks Thai women have any redeeming qualities, especially compared to Filipinas?

Yes, it makes sense to look for a Filipina and bring her over to Thailand. Some Western foreign men in Thailand are doing this, however I never heard about a foreign man bringing a Thai girl over to Philippines.

It does not make sense to see only the legal/economic situation of a country or only how the women are etc. You have to consider it in a summery and pick out - case by case - which fits you best.

In my case, I live in Tokyo with a Japanese wife, I have a Filipina fosterdaughter, my working contract is from Europe, and my place for holiday/future retirement is Thailand. And if it is getting too boring, I move over for a short while to Malaysia and Cambodia.
I am trying to date Filipina women in Thailand. From the ones I meet they are more opne and not so materialistic like their Thai counterparts.
There's nothing worse than an arrogant woman. Thai women do not make good wives.
There are good and hard working Thai women out there but they are usually already taken. What is left are these women who like to party but the men are not much better either. The fact that I do not like to party makes me "strange" eventhough I speak Thai flunetly. I dont mind going out with women to movies, fairs and even clubbing at some times. But when I see that Thai women liek to go clubbing alone with their female friends that will raise hundred red flags
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

drronnie wrote:
Taco wrote:
drronnie wrote:
Yohan wrote:

There are good and hard working Thai women out there but they are usually already taken. What is left are these women who like to party but the men are not much better either. The fact that I do not like to party makes me "strange" eventhough I speak Thai flunetly. I dont mind going out with women to movies, fairs and even clubbing at some times. But when I see that Thai women liek to go clubbing alone with their female friends that will raise hundred red flags
What Thai women are good at is shaking their money makers and what there not good at is everything else.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Thai Women vs Filipina Women

Post by Winston »

I asked Rock why there aren't as many Thai women in relationships with Western men as there are Filipinas with Western men. Here's his long reply:

Winston:

I mean there are many relationships between filipino women and western men. But not as many between thai women and western men. Why is that? Is there a reason? I been wondering about it.
I mean serious relationships or marriages. Not just short term relationship.
Do u know the reason? Do u wonder the same thing? Why not many marriages between thai women and western men?
Is it because thai women only want thai men? And they just use western men for money?
I asked some thai girls about this. They have no answer. Why? Lol. Do they only react on instinct like animals and cannot think or reason? Lol

Rock:

Don't expect a Thai girl to give you a big-picture type answer because they mainly know Thailand but not what things are like in other countries.

First of all, there are quite a few marriages between Thai women and western men. A high percentage of Thai women in those marriages are from poor farm backgrounds and grew up in the relatively backward Issan region of Thailand. Many of them were already single moms when they started dating western guys and many also came from foreigner oriented P4P industry. So most of the Thai girls who pair up with western guys are not exactly mainstream central Thais but rather damaged goods in the eyes of the Thais. So why is it less common for Thai women to marry western men than it is for Filipinas? I can think of a few logical reasons. Filipinas are, on average, poorer than Thais so are more motivated to marry a guy from the first world. Moreover, the general living environment in Philippines is much less pleasant than that in Thailand given all the pollution, crowding, substandard infrastructure and housing, and poor government services, etc. So a large percentage of Filipinos would like to settle in a new country whereas overwhelming majority of Thais love their country and would prefer to stay put. Filipinos have a much easier time relating to western culture and lifestyles than Thais do. Of course, Filipinos tend to have much better English language skills than do Thais and communication is practically important in long term cross culture relationships. Thais love themselves and then other E/NE Asians more than they other people and cultures, no matter white, black, Latin, Middle Eastern, Indian, or whatever else. Filipinos historically have looked up to the USA and liked Americans and other westerners. Most Filipino families have connections to the west through relatives who have settled in those countries. Pop culture heartthrobs and icons the local youth look up to are mostly of Asian origin in Thailand whereas for Philippines, a lot of westerners and western looking mixed Pinoys are among those the young girls go crazy over. Also remember, Thailand has been flooded over the decades by ho monger western men and dirty western hippies and backpackers into drugs and habits that insult polite Thai sensibilities. Thais are taught from an early age to be proud of their identity and see themselves as superior to foreigners, especially non-Asian foreigners. So many Thais, deeper down, hold westerners in contempt. Does all of that make sense?

Winston:

Yes it does. But do Thai girls even like foreigners? Can I post that long reply in the forum?

Rock:

You can post it. As for do Thai girls even like foreigners, my answer is: Most prefer Thai guys but there are always some oddball types who don't fit in so well w their own culture. A lot of girls will still be open to non-Thais, especially other Asians but also to certain western guys. There are subsets of girls w niche tastes who may be into attractive Scandinavian guys or romantic latin guys, sweet talking Nigerian guys, etc. Also, a lot of Thai girls are open to other NE Asians, especially Korean guys due to the popularity boost K-Pop has given them all around Asia. And there are some girls, especially from Issan, who gravitate towards western guys for security reasons combined with their relatively low status in Thai society.

Also remember, even if a girl prefers one type (say she wants a local Thai guy), the right foreign guy may still be able to win her over. Sure there are some who will only go with other Thais no matter what but others who prefer Thais will be open to non-Thais if the guy is good enough at winner her over.

Winston:

So my chances in Thailand are decent then? Even with non p4p girls? But it isnt easy right? Still takes time and effort. But achievable right? Are my chances there better than China? But not as good as Philippines right? I think Thai girls are a lot classier. Dont u wanna find a Thai equivalent of Allara? Lol

Yeah it seems asian women, especially uneducated ones, are not good at giving explanations or reasons. they just say "well if i like him then i like him". Very simple. Lol

Rock:

From life experience, don't you get the impression that whether or not you meet a girl and what type of girl may like you is at least in part up to destiny? I think someone like you might not appeal to Thais who originate from central region within 2-3 hours of Bangkok. You are an anti-materialism guy who grew up in a western culture. You don't have much common ground with Thais other than your appearance. I remember Man-In-Siam from your forum stayed in Bangkok at least for several months back in 2013 I think. He is a Korean American, 40ish, tall and slim, serious and quiet demeanor, and decent looking. He got some dates from dating sites but couldn't seem to establish any sort of bond with any of the girls he met. So my guess is that you would have better chances with poor rural Thai girls from the northeast. But usually, these girls have a practical side when it comes to relationships and they will likely expect financial help from you to consider you as a serious partner. Also, I think that on average, Thai women, as compared to Filipinas, may be more calculating and shrewd when it comes to extracting help from foreigners.

Thais generally have higher expectations and are used to a better quality of life than are Filipinas. The Catholic and Christian faith so prevalent in Philippines at least reminds people to be humble, forgiving, accepting, and not to sell their souls for materialism. On the other hand, Thais seem very material and image focused. Many longer term expats go so far to say they tend to be anti-intellectual and superficially focused. Apparent form is what matters to them, not substance. And Thais tend to strongly self-repress. So when they finally cannot hold back their anger, it can explode and shock you. So if you date a Thai girl, test her to make sure she is very easygoing by nature, is not obsessed with money and status, and genuinely likes you (your way of communicating, your values, sense of humor, and lifestyle).

Winston:

But what country has girls that are nonmaterialistic? All asian girls are materialistic right?

Btw check out this hot asian girl who is a minimalist. Shes obviously not materialistic. How do i get a girl like this? Doesnt she look like shed either be into white guys or independent and not need any guy at all? Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTLd_MVD4cA

Why cant god just let me date someone like that that's more like me? Lol. In a fair and just world thats what I'd do. Lol

Yes it seems to be about mostly destiny. No one makes it happen. If u ask your parents their relationship came naturally, they didnt make it happen or do something special or use PUA etc.

Rock:

The conundrum is that less materialistic girls are easier to find in more developed, hence more difficult countries. In my personal experience, Taiwan seems to have a much higher percentage of non materialistic girls than say Thailand. People who grow up comfortable in an environment that has a high percentage of middle class people tend not to be as obsessed with money. Thailand has had a lot of poverty and the rich poor gap was extreme until Thaksin helped develop more middle class opportunities. Also, not all materialism is the same. Even though Filipinas seem materialistic to you, a material oriented one might be satisfied with a lot less money than her Thai equivalent. Gold diggers in Thailand are probably colder and more dangerous than the ones in Philippines on average. Why don't you start a thread on this topic on Happier Abroad forum?

Winston:

But why cant the universe let me get a girl like this? I have more in common with her than a thai or filipina right? Arent nonmaterialistic girls more open? They dont need us though and will most likely be platonic if i met her.
Doesnt make sense. I can only get girls i have less in common with but not girls i have more in common with? Thats a paradox. Why does God seem to f**k up so much? Lol

Rock:

Read and re-read Job. Some people get everything they want, a lot of others get mixed bag, and then plenty are very disappointed with the results of their life in some or all areas. In Taiwan, when I was younger and had a great job, I did just fine with a lot of Taiwan women who I was attracted to both physically and for their personality/values/style/etc. So our cases on that are different. After you get to middle age, you need to remember that your taste may still be the same as when you were younger so you may not find girls your own age attractive. That means that to achieve any success (with the more alluring younger women), you may need to offer yourself as a provider type instead of a lethario type. A different energy exudes from the young so you probably don't have nearly as much material to elicit some sort of attraction from the opposite sex as you did when you were in Russia or before. Why not accept that a woman ready to bond and settle down with a man will want to feel the man is stable, mature, and financially secure? If she wants pure carefree romance, she will look for a charming younger man or else perhaps an uber wealthy guy who can surprise her with exciting adventures such as helicopter rides on spur of moment, meeting high level VIPs in an industry she's into (perhaps fashion), spur of the moment expensive getaways to exotic places living it up first class, etc. The time in life to attract a girl mostly on personal attractiveness and charm is high school through starting phase of your career life up through late 20s or so. That window for older guys is closed. You have to compensate in other ways. And yes, destiny plays a roll too as we know. But luck tends to favor the persistent and those who adjust their expectations and skills to fit their reality (location, age, financial ability, social circle, and general status). It's so important to put yourself in the shoes of the opposite sex and imagine what it is you could do to attract some of them. You shouldn't expect a woman to blindly fall in love with you as a middle aged guy. You need to show her that you are a good catch and at the same time, gauge whether or not she might be willing to accept you as a partner. Only continue with girls who do have some sort of affinity for you as the others are time wasters. The older you get, the more difficult it is to adjust to new cultures. The cultures you are already have some instincts about dominate Philippines, China, Taiwan, and perhaps parts of Russia/E. Europe. It might be possible for you to find someone in Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, or even Vietnam. But the cultural challenges for you would be high, especially in Cambodia and Thailand. Have you given up on the Philippines?

Winston:

No i do like Philippines but i find thais more attractive and classy and yummy. lol

But rock why cant i get her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTLd_MVD4cA

She and i would have a lot in common right? She seems like a freespirit too.

Rock:

You've posted this at least 3 times. I watched it once and yea it's ok. But so what. She's just some random girl who communicates well and enjoys simple pleasures of life. But cherry picking a few people on Youtube is not going to change the parameters discussed above and anyway, my interests are not like this girls so it was kinda boring for me and I had to stop it in middle.

Winston:

Yeah shes boring. But shes a freespirit and hippie at heart. Rare for Asian girl. Seems independent too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

There are some good points there from Rock - especially altering your priorities the older you get.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah but yick. Age hasnt made much difference to me. Even when i was 20 every girl said i wasnt her type or friend zoned me or used me. I never noticed any different. When youre unlucky or cursed in love, its all the same. Age doesnt change that. Perhaps some of us are sent here to earth as an observer only and not to partake in the birth, death, and sex process of life which creates karma cycles? Lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I have never been to the Philippines, so my knowledge of the country comes from Filipinos in the US and in Indonesia and from reading.

I get the impression that for many Filipinas, marrying a foreigner is a high status thing, or maybe neutral if they are high status. It is generally high status in Indonesia also. Think about the history. Both countries were colonized by Europeans, and for hundreds of years, European-looking people were the ruling class. I asked my an Indonesian if marrying Asian foreigners was higher status and she said if they were from a more developed country.

The US also took the Philippines in a settlement with Spain after the Spanish American War, so the US was in charge of the Philippines for a while. We had a military base there, so a lot of American soldiers brought back Filipinas to the US. This made marrying a Filipina a bit of 'a thing' in the US. It brought Filipinas to the US, creating Filipino communities, which could attract other Filipinos.

Indonesia's historical ties with western powers is with the Dutch, but they kicked the Dutch out after a revolution and the Dutch receiving some pressure to pull out. Americans tend to know little about Indonesia or how good the food is. We don't have a lot of historical English-language literature on it, like the English left us about India.

Now consider Thailand. It was an Asian power with a king that avoided being colonized. One of the kings shifted governmental power over to a more Democratic form of government which made it seem 'legitimate' to the west as time passed.

If the low economic class girls and sex workers in Thailand tend to marry foreigners, it is likely not perceived as high status to marry foreigners in Thailand. So why would it be a popular thing in society as a whole.

I was in South Korea for a year in the 1990's. They would talk about 'international marriage' in TV interviews. It was a kind of unusual thing. An expat friend of mine married a pretty Indonesian girl in her early 20's. He said some Koreans would see a mixed couple like that and say, "She must have been a prostitute." They think a soldier married a prostitute, because that may have happened some around military bases. If the Korean hears that the man was an English teacher, they might say, "She just wanted to learn English really badly." Koreans really wanted to learn English at the time, so they'd attribute her marrying a foreigner to her excessive enthusiasm for studying English. The underlying assumption was that marrying a foreigner was not desirable, I suppose. At that time, I heard farmers, a poorer segment of Korean society, had difficulty finding wives, so some were importing mail-order brides from Korean communities in northern China.

China's economic situation has improved, and I have read about Korean farmers importing wives from Vietnam and the Philippines. Korea is a rich country compared to these countries. Some Koreans are Buddhists, and so have a cultural similarity to Vietnamese. Some of the Vietnamese women may produce somewhat--Korean looking kids, too, since depending on the woman, they may not be all that different for looks from Koreans.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
July 9th, 2021, 7:24 am
Yeah but yick. Age hasnt made much difference to me. Even when i was 20 every girl said i wasnt her type or friend zoned me or used me. I never noticed any different. When youre unlucky or cursed in love, its all the same. Age doesnt change that. Perhaps some of us are sent here to earth as an observer only and not to partake in the birth, death, and sex process of life which creates karma cycles? Lol
I am wondering if this is just a case of nothing coming your way or life choices. Didn't you have a relationship with a woman and have a child? Would she have turned down marriage with you? Could it be a case of not following up on opportunities that presented themselves earlier?

I don't believe in 'karma cycles.' I prayed and asked God for a wife. After a season of intense prayer, I met her. She told me later God told her I was to be her husband before that first conversation. I went home with a sense of it, praying about whether this would be my wife. Each of us were 'fishing' for whether the other knew during our early telephone conversations, but did not want to show all our cards at first.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
Well, most men are in your boat. I am in the same boat as you - I have something that repels women - I know some men who have had lots of women and have had no trouble - I am tall, not bad looking, intelligent with a decent job and qualifications, do a lot of sport and funny but I have no better luck than you - some countries I do better than others but that's about it.

What do you want out of this life? Is it to be happy? Will having lots of women make you happy? Is it to get married and have one woman that you can share your life with? Most men - though through no real choice of their own but because like us, they can't command the attraction of lots of women - go for the second option.

The Universe gives its gifts out randomly, I can run up and down the street 100 meters long for the next ten years but I will never ever get a time under 10 seconds and will be lucky to get something like 12 seconds - however hard I try - whereas Usain Bolt can get out of bed and do sub-10 even now.

What do you want out of this? Thats the question and that is where your answer lies.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I can't help but say that Winston is looking for that perfect soul mate but also wants to eat his cake too. I think allot of guys who end up in South East Asia is like that. With the large red light district the illusion of easy access to girls make most men want to stay.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow Yick. You mean you experience the same too, like women always saying you're not her type, whether you are young or not? Do most guys experience that? It seems that the universe gives most guys a wife or soulmate at some point, whoever they are meant to be with right? Do most guys settle?

What do I want out of life? Well of course I want romance, adventure and freedom to travel. Isn't that what we all want? Some guys are not adventurous of course, they like a stable routine and home life. But all guys want romance or female companionship right? The thing is, just because you want something doesn't mean the universe will give it to you. There's a saying, "We get what we need, not what we want."

I don't agree that the universe is random. If it were random then it wouldn't be so orderly. There would be no structure, design, form or patterns. The universe would just be a swirl of atoms and particles moving about like a windstorm with no pattern or structure or form or life. You also seem impossible coincidences like the Sun and the Moon being the exact same size during an eclipse. Astronomers say that's the most unlikely coincidence in the universe. Also look up the Anthropic Principle. There are many variables which if slightly off would make life imposssible to exist. Also keep in mind that no one has ever observed macro-evolution. It's entirely theoretical yet masqueraded as "proven". Many wise people do conclude that there is a higher order. Even Einstein did. As you get higher in consciousness, you realize that "everything happens for a reason" and that "there are no coincidences".

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

chanta76 wrote:
July 11th, 2021, 10:19 pm
I can't help but say that Winston is looking for that perfect soul mate but also wants to eat his cake too. I think allot of guys who end up in South East Asia is like that. With the large red light district the illusion of easy access to girls make most men want to stay.
Maybe. But I don't want a perfect soulmate. Just someone I have chemistry with an am attracted to and good at making love, like women are in the movies. lol. I need passion and romance. It has to feel special. I've experienced that a few times, but it never lasted because it wasn't meant to be.

The problem with SE Asia is that yes, you can get women and sex for a low price. However, there's no soulmate connection, and the chemistry is physical only. It feels like a transaction. It doesn't have that special feeling you get when an American woman falls for you and lets you make love to her, which feels like winning the lottery or hitting a jackpot. That feels so special and exhilarating. You don't get that in SE Asia. Sure you can get great sex and feel high about it. But it doesn't feel meaningful as when you have an equal partner in a first world country. The women you get in SE Asia feel like they are there for rent, not own. You know what I mean? It feels too transactional. And they are way too practical and always think about money. I hate that.

Rock told me something interesting. Only middle class girls in first world country who grew up around money can appreciate being a freespirit and not caring about money. But those girls are independent and don't need you. That's the conundrum.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
July 9th, 2021, 8:00 am
Winston wrote:
I am wondering if this is just a case of nothing coming your way or life choices. Didn't you have a relationship with a woman and have a child? Would she have turned down marriage with you? Could it be a case of not following up on opportunities that presented themselves earlier?

I don't believe in 'karma cycles.' I prayed and asked God for a wife. After a season of intense prayer, I met her. She told me later God told her I was to be her husband before that first conversation. I went home with a sense of it, praying about whether this would be my wife. Each of us were 'fishing' for whether the other knew during our early telephone conversations, but did not want to show all our cards at first.
Yeah but the thing is, if your partner doesn't like sex and has no passion and doesn't look like she's in a trance or ecstasy when making love, what's the point of marrying? You'd have zero sex life in that marriage anyway.

It could be that the universe has destined me to marry my son's mom. But the universe is a dick, because it destines me to marry someone I don't have a passionate soulmate connection with. So you see, God can be a dick sometimes and not make sense and contradict himself. He's not perfect.

When I say God, I don't necessarily mean the Christian God. I mean the AI program that runs the matrix or the group of ETs that is running our world as an experiment, etc. It doesn't have to be the Christian God. Your problem, like other Christians, is that you see the Bible and God as one and the same, and you worship the Bible as if it were God himself. Big fallacy. That's why you are not free, because you are attached to that belief no matter if its true or false.

Of course you don't believe in karma cycles. Because your religion teaches all other religions are false except for Christianity. So you cannot appreciate any truth or wisdom outside of Christianity or the Bible. That's the downside. But you don't realize it. Your mind is fixated on there being "one truth only". You can't see anything else. That's why you are in a mental prison and not free.

Suppose you ruled the world. Would you make it so that all other religions are outlawed and their books burned, and that only Christianity is allowed? As if everyone on Earth is meant to be Christian only? lol. If not, you would at least encourage everyone on Earth to be Christian only right? lol. It's too bad you can't see how foolish and crazy that is.

Yes I have heard other Christians say that they prayed to God for a wife and then met her. That happens it seems. How do you know your higher self or spirit guides didn't answer it? God is too busy to personally hear prayers. Even Einstein said a personal God probably doesn't exist. Only an impersonal God. I have found that prayers asking you to be connected with someone that will help you, often do get answered. That's kind of like the law of attraction bringing people together. As long as you don't ask God to bend the laws of physics or upset the balance of things, he will answer most prayers if they are good for you and easy to arrange without altering destiny or free will or the laws of physics.

However, I'm sure many guys here have prayed for such things too and it never got answered.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Do you all agree that Thai women are better looking? Or do you guys think SE Asian women all look the same? lol. Why do Thais look better?

@ladislav what you think?

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Thai women eat a healthier diet which is why they look better.

Filipinas are more likely to have Christian values so they make better wives.