Are women in the Phillippines really that much better?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Re: Are women in the Phillippines really that much better?

Post by cdnFA »

Based on your latest post. I think I will have to respect your opinion and point of view. It seems balanced and reasonable.

However when asked about the chances of a forever alone going on almost 5 decades whose only real friends are fellow neckbeards these are all the responses.

"You're white. Go to Asia."
"Go to a poor country. A genuinely poor one. Find any given poor, rural family in the Philippines and talk to one of the daughters. Millions of them can be found online. You literally CANNOT fail'
"It's more fun in the Philippines"
"So you've got an income without working and are wondering if going abroad can help you. If you can't figure out the next step, then you are hopeless."

Considering I am bottom of the barrel, not good enough to get married and raped in divorce court like many HAers let alone something more. Hell not even able to get a relationship, or even a male friend who is currently dating someone [with one exception]. If I am not an unskilled mope, although extroverted than who is.

They all pretty much sound can't fail to me.

Granted the second response sounds like it could work or at least it would be realistic but what sort of future could I look forward to with some half literate farm girl from an impoverished family. What would we talk about. What would we have in common. I have enough trouble carrying on a conversation with similar people in my own country. I also would have to wonder when the case is so obvious that she is just with me to escape poverty, if she ever had the financial ability to leave what are the odds she would stay. Ditto for getting some more desirable D on the side. Sadly I'd consider it. Being with someone I have nothing in common with is better than being alone and that seems to be my only 2 options.
davewe wrote:
cdnFA wrote:
But hey, what do I know, it is just something I've read right?
No one would suggest that you not read before you travel. Of course you should. But that's only going to get you so far.

My point was that when you read HA for a length of time you'll see that the vast majority of members here either do not travel abroad, or if they do they're certainly not happy about it. Their success is limited and complaints are many.

I have been a member here for years and know no member that says that any unskilled mope can go there and do incredibly well with women. You don't have to be super skilled but you have to have something going for you. That being said it is true that many men who had limited success in their Western countries have had more success in the Philippines.

My view is that many guys can have a fun vacation in the Philippines. I would encourage most single guys to check it out. Now marriage is a different story. I do believe that the Philippines is a fine place to meet a certain kind of woman. But the percentages of men and women able to make that cultural leap is smaller. Contrary to most opinions here and elsewhere, while there are Filipinas willing to meet and have relationships with foreigners, they are in the minority.

Smallest still are the guys who want to move abroad. It can be done successfully but the percentages are smaller and for most Americans it's not the right move to make. 3rd world cultures are simply too different and most Americans can't make the adjustment. Of the 100+ Fil-Am couples I know in my city, very few will ever make that move.

As to finding examples of failures - in any human endeavor they are out there in droves. I know many guys who have failed in the Philippines, if by failure we mean having a relationship that goes bad. Hell, I had one that blew up before I met my wife, though the truth is it was lots of fun before the blow up :)

Quick story: As I've said before I relied on Pete for a lot of my encouragement way back when. But I also talked to Outwest a lot. At one point he told me (this is from memory). "Dave, 80% of the women in the Philippines are not right for marriage." I got depressed that a guy who lived in the Philippines was giving such a negative number. But he continued. "But that means that there are 20% who are - 10 times the number of women who would make a good wife compared to the U.S."

Now that I have a few more years under my belt I think those percentages are about right. 80+% of Filipinas won't make good wives for a Westerner. But the 20%? If you can find one of those (if they'll have you) you're golden.
MR2
Freshman Poster

Post by MR2 »

You are basically trading one set of pros and cons for another.

Philippines;

You will have a wide selection of younger women who want to be in a relationship with you. You will have to deal with the drama, and insanely jealous mind of a Filipina who knows she can easily be replaced.

Western Country;

You will have a narrow selection of older women that want to be in a relationship with you. You will have to deal with the fact that you can easily be replaced.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

It's not that Filipinas are better as a group; it's that the quality Filipinas are accessible to guys who are considered just average in the USA.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Hero wrote:It's not that Filipinas are better as a group; it's that the quality Filipinas are accessible to guys who are considered just average in the USA.
It's about quantity too. - There are more quality Filipinas accessible than quality US-grrls - just my opinion.