Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Temperate (comfortable) places/times of year for SE Asia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Temperate (comfortable) places/times of year for SE Asia

Postby Boxman » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:30 pm

I've finally saved up enough money and setup enough cash flow from my rentals that I can quit my day job and start traveling. I plan to explore SE Asia first (southern China, Phillipines, hopefully Vietnam & Malaysia also, depending on circumstances). Like everyone else, I enjoy temperate, moderate weather without overwhelming humidity and temps below 85 F or 30 C. I'm guessing this dictates travel from October thru March. What regions of these countries do you recommend? Don't need huge cities just decent #'s of the opposite sex to be present, so remote villages are probably out.

Anyway, the adventure begins soon!

Any suggestions? Any and all advice (and not necessarily just about the weather) are appreciated!
Freshman Poster

Re: Temperate (comfortable) places/times of year for SE Asia

Postby Ghost » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Countries in the tropical zone are always hot and humid year round, though you can find a few cool places (such as towns or cities in the mountains.) Tropical countries just have dry and wet seasons - and you'll want to avoid the rainy seasons for sure. I've made that mistake before, and it will turn your travels into a clusterfuck.
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand