Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Skin color in Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Skin color in Filipinas

Postby mentor » February 2nd, 2016, 7:39 am

Black, darker brown, morena, white, else.

Can we give some practical advice of how is actually looking the body of a filipina , in each skin color?

It is the first time that I am dealing with it, and giving the fact that most of them try to be 'white'(face creams, 'umbrella girls') and digital image process is in everyone's hands (photo filters), for some girls I still try to 'understand' their initial skin color.

Maybe I forgot to mention more skin colors above.
And the most 'difficult' color to understand, and they seem to have it a lot of girls, is morena skin color.
Does this color 'change' during the several seasons of the year?
Some girls seem so brown in summer photos, and so white in winter's photos! And no relation with western women summer tanning!

Give your information about the body colors from your experience.
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby Hero » February 2nd, 2016, 12:50 pm

You can get a light-skinned Filipina if you want one. That's what I prefer.

Actually, you can choose from a big range of appearances in the Philippines. The only things you can't get are blonde hair, blue eyes, and tall stature.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby mentor » February 2nd, 2016, 1:29 pm

Of course I can do.
The problem is that I do not want to reject from the start, a filipina that as I can see from her photos, some photos are like morena, and other photos super white!
I am not so absolute, but I don't want to wait to see her to decide about it!
I thought I could have a good clue from photos, nowadays!
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby Hero » February 2nd, 2016, 1:31 pm

mentor wrote:Of course I can do.
The problem is that I do not want to reject from the start, a filipina that as I can see from her photos, some photos are like morena, and other photos super white!
I am not so absolute, but I don't want to wait to see her to decide about it!
I thought I could have a good clue from photos, nowadays!

Good point. You can't always tell from photos. There are lots of ways to alter skin tone in photos.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby mentor » February 2nd, 2016, 1:36 pm

I will ask her to tell me directly.After all, it is not something strange. It is like asking me to tell her the color of my eyes.

But I hoped to have my own opinion about her, after seeing a dozen of her photos. But it seems difficult task to me.
To be more precise, she seems to be more 'morena' when she was a little bit younger (early 20's) and more 'white' now (mid 20's).
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby davewe » February 5th, 2016, 5:38 pm

mentor wrote:
Does this color 'change' during the several seasons of the year?
Some girls seem so brown in summer photos, and so white in winter's photos! And no relation with western women summer tanning!


There are no "several seasons" of the year in the Philippines. There are 2 seasons: wet season and dry season - and both are hot. Therefore it's not true that the girls naturally get darker during the summer, unless she works outdoors during certain parts of the year or hits the beach with her Filipino bf :)

Yes, Filipinas buy up whitening cream but it doesn't do much good. And there is only so much a cheap umbrella can do to block out the sun.
My wife had never used sun block until she saw me using it. Now she puts it on to go to the beach but still she gets tan.

Most (though not all) of the girls are dark. It's genetic. Hell both my parents were dark skinned and got very tan in the summer. Me? Pasty white.

The issue bigger than what her actual color is, is how does she feel about herself. Most Filipinas believe white = good and dark = bad. They judge themselves that way. There's no sense in telling my wife (as I have done dozens of times) that I love tanned dark skin; she "knows" that dark is bad. We will be returning to the Philippines in April and I know that at some point during the trip she will complain that she is getting too dark. And I will smile happily.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 3:21 am

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby mentor » February 8th, 2016, 11:28 am

davewe, morena girls how do they usually feel about their skin color?
I ask because you told about dark/white, and this something between the two.
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby davewe » February 8th, 2016, 4:54 pm

mentor wrote:davewe, morena girls how do they usually feel about their skin color?
I ask because you told about dark/white, and this something between the two.


Read my response above. Most Filipinas believe they are too dark or would be prettier if they were lighter. They also tend to believe that white guys are handsome, based on their skin color and long nose.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 3:21 am

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby mentor » February 9th, 2016, 12:52 pm

davewe wrote:
mentor wrote:davewe, morena girls how do they usually feel about their skin color?
I ask because you told about dark/white, and this something between the two.


Read my response above. Most Filipinas believe they are too dark or would be prettier if they were lighter. They also tend to believe that white guys are handsome, based on their skin color and long nose.


Ok, I think you did not mentioned 'morenas', but after your last comment I will know that even the medium-lighted morenas, consider themselves like the black ones, and wishing to be whiter.
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby mentor » June 1st, 2016, 11:50 am

Do we have any statistics about the percentage of filipinas that have each color skin?
Or even an estimation by experience?
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby mentor » July 10th, 2016, 7:57 pm

I talk with a filipina this period, and her answer in my question about her skin color, it is that it is 'fair'.
I saw this 'fair' skin in other filipina profiles too.
What does this means?
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby drealm » July 10th, 2016, 10:12 pm

If skin color is important to you then why are you going to a dark country?
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 936
Joined: November 10th, 2010, 6:23 pm

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby mentor » July 11th, 2016, 5:07 pm

drealm wrote:If skin color is important to you then why are you going to a dark country?


Because I want all the other qualities first, but for sure I have to take a look at attraction too!
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby Mr S » July 11th, 2016, 5:33 pm

mentor wrote:I talk with a filipina this period, and her answer in my question about her skin color, it is that it is 'fair'.
I saw this 'fair' skin in other filipina profiles too.
What does this means?


It means they're trying to look like they have white skin, so their skin will be light brown to white depending on their genetics and what whitening products they use.

Majority of Filipinos are medium to dark brown color. The darker ones tend to be from the poorer socio-economic provinces/families and are usually pure Malay.
The lighter skinned Filipinos usually have some percentage of Chinese/Spanish or Arab mixed with Malay due to past trading and colonization. If a Filipina isn't mixed and has light to white skin, she probably has money and goes to the plastic surgeons here to get whitening skin treatments.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2398
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 11:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Re: Skin color in Filipinas

Postby mentor » July 12th, 2016, 8:14 am

Mr S wrote:
mentor wrote:I talk with a filipina this period, and her answer in my question about her skin color, it is that it is 'fair'.
I saw this 'fair' skin in other filipina profiles too.
What does this means?


It means they're trying to look like they have white skin, so their skin will be light brown to white depending on their genetics and what whitening products they use.

Majority of Filipinos are medium to dark brown color. The darker ones tend to be from the poorer socio-economic provinces/families and are usually pure Malay.
The lighter skinned Filipinos usually have some percentage of Chinese/Spanish or Arab mixed with Malay due to past trading and colonization. If a Filipina isn't mixed and has light to white skin, she probably has money and goes to the plastic surgeons here to get whitening skin treatments.


Absolute clarification, thank you!
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm


Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests