Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Where do you go for a drink in the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Where do you go for a drink in the Philippines?

Postby Johnny1975 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Apart from girlie bars and sitting around on the street, where do you go for a drink? There doesn't seem to be any ordinary bars like you'd find in most places in the world. What's up with that? And no nice cafes either. I like the idea of grabbing a beer and a snack, and sitting and watching the world go by, but it doesn't seem possible there. Or is there something I'm missing?
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: Where do you go for a drink in the Philippines?

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:31 pm

People just drink at home with their friends and family.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby hammanta » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:07 am

Johnny1975 wrote:Apart from girlie bars and sitting around on the street, where do you go for a drink? There doesn't seem to be any ordinary bars like you'd find in most places in the world. What's up with that? And no nice cafes either. I like the idea of grabbing a beer and a snack, and sitting and watching the world go by, but it doesn't seem possible there. Or is there something I'm missing?

Where are you at? Big cities like Manila and Cebu have a bunch of regular bars to go to. High end bars in Manila can be found in Greenbelt and Resorts world as well as BGC. I personally prefer to go and sit and listen to live cover bands. I was in Manila 2 weeks ago and went to the Mall of Asia (behind it) and found a few nice spots to sit by the bay, have a meal and beers while listening to some quality music. Malate has some regular bars but is really seedy for the most part. Makati has bars around Glorietta and Greenbelt. Quezon City has some good spots but can't remember the name of the area.

If you are in Cebu, Mango Square is where the nightlife is. Expect a lot of whores to be around though. Checkout Howling Wolves I think it is. Owned by an American I believe and has a lot of foreigners. Kinda a girly bar but they aren't forceful. Also check out MO2 club for live music and cheap alcohol or LIV (dance club though).
hammanta
Junior Poster

Postby davewe » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:Apart from girlie bars and sitting around on the street, where do you go for a drink? There doesn't seem to be any ordinary bars like you'd find in most places in the world. What's up with that? And no nice cafes either. I like the idea of grabbing a beer and a snack, and sitting and watching the world go by, but it doesn't seem possible there. Or is there something I'm missing?

Every city I have been to in the Philippines have plenty of bars, restaurant/bars, taverns - whatever you want to call them.

People love to drink in the Philippines and there is no limit as to where to go to get what you want.

And best of all - San Miguel is cheap!
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby Zambales » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Hotels/resorts/restaurants. Especially in the beachy area's.

Never had a problem. You don't even have to stay overnight in a lot of the hotels and resorts to grab a meal and a drink providing they have the facilities. If they've got a swimming pool, you can use that too albeit for a small fee.
Zambales
Junior Poster

Postby Mr S » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:21 am

You can drink pretty much anywhere in PI, it's more about where and what kind of people you want to surround yourself with. The typical Western style bar isn't really popular in this country, but if you're in one of the major cities usually there are a few that foreigners have opened up. Generally the "resto-bar' is what is in vogue, it varies from a shithole to highend depending on location and clientele. Basically tables and chairs out in the open where people order buckets of beer while listening to live music or Karaoke. I don't really like it but that's what the local prefer rather than what is considered a proper bar or pub environment that a Westerner would prefer.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby filousophe » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:30 am

Filipino here.

you can check places in Makati or Bonifacio Global City. good stuff in there.
filousophe
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand