Dating women in South Korea

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Re: Dating women in South Korea

Post by cdnFA »

In my researches of various nationalities the one thing that seems to come up over and over with Koreans is crazy. Bat faeces crazy. Can't be reasoned with Terminator style crazy.
Considering the rate of plastic surgery I am not too surprised.

My father knows some dudes who married Koreans in the 60's or 70's and it worked out well for them but as mentioned above things have probably changed.

Chinese and Japanese girls can often be nutty also, but it seems to be a strong trait with Koreans. Of course there are nutters everywhere.
Chinese and Japanese girls have their own weaknesses that seem to be really good at also.

Sadly all three seem to be really good at being the perfect girlfriend and then changing once the ring gets on the finger.
gofishus
Freshman Poster

Post by gofishus »

cdnFA wrote:In my researches of various nationalities the one thing that seems to come up over and over with Koreans is crazy. Bat faeces crazy. Can't be reasoned with Terminator style crazy.
Considering the rate of plastic surgery I am not too surprised.

My father knows some dudes who married Koreans in the 60's or 70's and it worked out well for them but as mentioned above things have probably changed.

Chinese and Japanese girls can often be nutty also, but it seems to be a strong trait with Koreans. Of course there are nutters everywhere.
Chinese and Japanese girls have their own weaknesses that seem to be really good at also.

Sadly all three seem to be really good at being the perfect girlfriend and then changing once the ring gets on the finger.
The problem with Chinese women in my opinion, is that they really only care about their career, and making money. I know quite a few Chinese girls who are not really into their bfs at all and mostly only with them because they are businessmen or they can help further her career in some way. A lot of them are really selfish about themselves. This is just my experience though, I haven't met many Korean girls like this though. Maybe because most of my Chinese friends are from the "big cities"
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

cdnFA wrote:Sadly all three seem to be really good at being the perfect girlfriend and then changing once the ring gets on the finger.
THIS!
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

The_Adventurer wrote:
cdnFA wrote:Sadly all three seem to be really good at being the perfect girlfriend and then changing once the ring gets on the finger.
THIS!
:lol: Haha but isn't that universal?
The woman goes into marriage hoping the guy changes, but he doesn't. :D
The man goes into marriage hoping the girl doesn't change, but she metamorphs in every way. :cry:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Yohan wrote:

The phenomenon of men “ordering” wives from matchmaking services isn’t widespread in South Korea but the issue has sparked national controversy since 2010, when the domestic media began reporting multiple murders of foreign young wives by Korean husbands.

Bachelors, divorcees and widowers that struggle to find a South Korean wife have used services that find them a foreign match, often resulting in an unhappy marriage, domestic violence and a divorce. Women from China and Vietnam are the largest group to travel to the country for such unions, according to the immigration authorities.
When I was living in Korea, which was 2009, there was a big stink about this stuff on TV. Lots of documentaries featuring foreign, South East Asian, wives chained in the basement etc. One story often followed was of a woman abused so badly she literally lost her mind, running out into the streets naked etc. I think she eventually killed the husband, or their child, or something like that. If definitely seemed to me be an organised, dare I say, feminist, effort to destroy the concept of foreign brides.

Actual Korean men I talked to all seemed all for it. Some, older guys who were married to Korean women, who appeared, at least, to be angels in front of me, still had a great interest in foreign women. Didn't matter p4p or real relationships they thought foreign was better. They always wanted to go to Philippines with me, as they didn't speak English too well. For some reason, I no longer remember, we all went to Japan instead. Nobody got anything. :)

I had no idea about the Korean birth rate being so low, as shown in the second article, and I will add their their suicide rate has gone beyond Japan's as well. I wonder if we will start seeing phenomenon like hikikomori, NEETS and grass eaters in Korea soon. Either way, it seems that Korea is phucked. I was planning to return their. I might have to rethink those plans.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

gofishus wrote:
The problem with Chinese women in my opinion, is that they really only care about their career, and making money. I know quite a few Chinese girls who are not really into their bfs at all and mostly only with them because they are businessmen or they can help further her career in some way. A lot of them are really selfish about themselves. This is just my experience though, I haven't met many Korean girls like this though. Maybe because most of my Chinese friends are from the "big cities"
Chinese women are a bit nutty and unreasonable, but not at the Korean level.
They tend to be the most materialistic of the three because of relative poverty and too much of the to get rich is glorious. In Japan it seems the hyper materialism is tempered by the lost decade[s] to the point where the 3 highs are getting replaced by the 4 or 5 lows, low risk of losing job becoming more of a good thing. Again all materialistic but Chinese tend to be worse than others. At least the materialism is off set by frugality once the ring comes on.
I suspect that Chinese women are also strongest at pragmatism over love although the others tend to have it also once they hit 30+. Many/not all tend to be able to separate love from everything else even a bit better than their sisters.
Chinese woman also are champion naggers, the cultural idea is that you express love by pushing your partner to be their best. The others will nag but again best of class here.
Chinese as girlfriends seem to be even more demanding than Koreans who are more demanding than Japanese. I don't think even the most psycho Korean would expect her guy to split from the middle of his job to go shopping... after they broke up.

Japanese women are the best at the change, as are them men. Culturally speaking there seems to be a thing where they take on the identity of each stage of life from student to worker to girlfriend to wife to mother. It seems Japanese dudes do the same thing.
Japanese seem to win hands down on being sexless. Girls who complain about their boyfriends biweekly sexual demands to their gaijin female coworkers [and no doubt never say anything to the guy] many new homes being built with 2 master bedrooms, the whole culture of turning into almost brother and sister once the last child is born.

The Chinese will get in your face but usually only in private as face is important, the exceptions are pretty sad. Japanese won't let you know what they are thinking until they blow up at you, the whole inner vs outer mind thing. I don't know where Koreans are on this.

Again exceptions to everything.

Again, general impressions from being on the net too long.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

droid wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:
:lol: Haha but isn't that universal?
The woman goes into marriage hoping the guy changes, but he doesn't. :D
The man goes into marriage hoping the girl doesn't change, but she metamorphs in every way. :cry:
People change but with all of them, particularly the Japanese it is much more universal and in the latter case often on a dime depending on stage of life. Based on the explanations I've seen there is a deep seated cultural component to it. Strong enough that school kids have been known to warn their idiot gaijin teachers about it.

In the west it does happen, it seems the odds are less and if it does it will be because of some shock to the system, it doesn't come with the rations.
gofishus
Freshman Poster

Post by gofishus »

cdnFA wrote: Chinese women are a bit nutty and unreasonable, but not at the Korean level.
They tend to be the most materialistic of the three because of relative poverty and too much of the to get rich is glorious. In Japan it seems the hyper materialism is tempered by the lost decade[s] to the point where the 3 highs are getting replaced by the 4 or 5 lows, low risk of losing job becoming more of a good thing. Again all materialistic but Chinese tend to be worse than others. At least the materialism is off set by frugality once the ring comes on.
I suspect that Chinese women are also strongest at pragmatism over love although the others tend to have it also once they hit 30+. Many/not all tend to be able to separate love from everything else even a bit better than their sisters.
Chinese woman also are champion naggers, the cultural idea is that you express love by pushing your partner to be their best. The others will nag but again best of class here.
Chinese as girlfriends seem to be even more demanding than Koreans who are more demanding than Japanese. I don't think even the most psycho Korean would expect her guy to split from the middle of his job to go shopping... after they broke up.

Japanese women are the best at the change, as are them men. Culturally speaking there seems to be a thing where they take on the identity of each stage of life from student to worker to girlfriend to wife to mother. It seems Japanese dudes do the same thing.
Japanese seem to win hands down on being sexless. Girls who complain about their boyfriends biweekly sexual demands to their gaijin female coworkers [and no doubt never say anything to the guy] many new homes being built with 2 master bedrooms, the whole culture of turning into almost brother and sister once the last child is born.

The Chinese will get in your face but usually only in private as face is important, the exceptions are pretty sad. Japanese won't let you know what they are thinking until they blow up at you, the whole inner vs outer mind thing. I don't know where Koreans are on this.

Again exceptions to everything.

Again, general impressions from being on the net too long.
Chinese women are easily the strongest out of the three, don't even dispute it. I've seen times when Chinese girls were making their bfs beg and cry in front of them. Never ever seen that in Korea. Also, I'm sure 90% of the "asian tiger moms" are Chinese. My parents are Chinese and my mom is easily stronger than my dad and incredibly strict. They also put their appearance second priority after money compared to Korean/Japanese. I have not seen many exceptions to this, sadly.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

gofishus wrote:
Chinese women are easily the strongest out of the three, don't even dispute it. I've seen times when Chinese girls were making their bfs beg and cry in front of them. Never ever seen that in Korea. Also, I'm sure 90% of the "asian tiger moms" are Chinese. My parents are Chinese and my mom is easily stronger than my dad and incredibly strict. They also put their appearance second priority after money compared to Korean/Japanese. I have not seen many exceptions to this, sadly.
I half suspect that it is part domineering and part that Chinese guys are pussies. Not all, and no offence but really, leaving your job to go shopping because your ex girlfriend calls you up and demands it. That story being presented as an extreme but representative example.
I get the impression that white guys either divorce or put up with it because of the kids or happen to find one who isn't that way.

Tiger mom. Why you get stung by bee, why you no get stung by A. Or A+

I knew a Chinese single mother who wasn't all that Tiger Momish. Shame she bolted after an hour and a half of talking to me live to never contact me again. An exchange of 20 or so emails down the drain. Normally I wouldn't bother with a single mother but she would be an exception [there are always exceptions]

I think though a Chinese wife would be a pretty good choice if you have a decent job that is secure and with a smooth promotion path [Lawyer, Doctor, Accountant, Civil Servant] and one who is frugal by nature. Also if you find one similar to yourself in looks and age. I'd say in that case, your odds of ending up with a dud are less than with others. If you bring home a decent and increasing pay check with a job that brings face then she has little reason to go into bitch mode. The ones who don't care much about their appearance would make better wives than one who is decked out with fashion brands and fancy garb.
Bringing some tier 3 or 4 city girl who is hot and 20 years younger than you back to your home country where your income isn't overtly high or constant is very likely to explode on you, not always but likely. Of course that applies to any nationality.
gofishus
Freshman Poster

Post by gofishus »

Yeah Chinese guys are pussies. I wouldn't leave my job to go shopping even if it was my current gf, let alone my ex. I think part of the reason why girls have alot of power is because there's simply a gender balance in China, way more guys than girls. Gives girls way more options..
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

All in all, East Asian girls are a pain in the ass, to be honest. I'm becoming more and more into Filipinas, Vietnamese, Indonesian and Southeast Asian girls.

I would exclude Thai girls, as they're too much like East Asian girls, though.

Overall, let's be honest guys: NAWALT (Not all woman are like that) is bullshit, as all woman have an inherent evil quality to them. It's just that in some countries, woman show these qualities less than others.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

zboy1 wrote:As for Korean girls, uh, you guys can have them. There's a reason why Korean men (and other Asian men) avoid going after them. I even know foreigners who avoid Korean girls at all costs as well. Korean girls are some of the most spoiled, ball-busting, materialistic, narcissistic woman in the world.

Before the K-pop phenomenon and Westernization, Korean woman were known to be some of the best woman in the world. I have noticed the changes from the 80s to now. I can only imagine how much things were different before the 80s. I've also talked to expats and Koreans, who have told me countless stories of how great it was in Korea in the past. Sadly, that time has long ago passed.
Personally, I think other girls are better, possibly even Japanese girls.
All in all, East Asian girls are a pain in the a**, to be honest. I'm becoming more and more into Filipinas, Vietnamese, Indonesian and Southeast Asian girls.
I would exclude Thai girls, as they're too much like East Asian girls, though.
Ohh that's a shame man, I really was hoping to some day visit Korea and maybe meet some of the porcelain-doll types there, but I don't know if it's worth it now.
They look so cute, polite, and sweet in the Korean channels. But in real life they seem a lot colder, and not that cute in the average, and yeah they refuse to make eye contact, I'm confirming that now.
I mean i guess one could try some "game", or investing time in building "circle", but i'm not a shoulder-tapper, i hate that. If someone doesn't seem curious to look too i get turned off.

I think, from looking at the different attitudes, you could safely say that in a way Koreans are New Money, while the Japanese are Old Money, so to speak.

My original plan was to travel half the globe through China, Korea, Japan , Russia, and Ukraine, but honestly i don't think i could digest colder girls again, after spending time here in SEA.
They're so friendly and curious, it's real nice. Sometimes i find myself having nice conversations with three girls at a time on a restaurant or shop, even with the language hurdle. And a couple of times i've created like an actual commotion, especially in small towns where they haven't seen a 'beautiful foreigner' lol.

So I think even russians or the lazy latinas would feel like an annoying chore now...

Having said all this, "modernization" and "Smartphone" "culture" is rotting vietnamese girls' brains fast. I've seen some red flags.
Those of you planning to come here should make your move as soon as possible.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

It seemed to me that Korean females were always problematic because they were always domestically dominant. Korea avoided turning to complete shit with females taking over by keeping them in the private sphere, with the public sphere being solely men, and the lives of men and females were kept somewhat separate, but otherwise the females dominated to an unhealthy extent. Most Korean men supplicate to Oma. Most Korean men hand over their income to their wives and are put on an allowance, which makes me want to vomit blood. With the promotion of feminism by the globalists and the economic obsolescence of Korean men, I imagine Korean females will get much worse. Korea was a feminist scourge waiting to happen.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The other thing is that most Korean females look like (and are) nasty, aggressive battleaxes by middle age. This would not be the case, but for the underlying problems.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

A couple of things about korea. Its not a country for older men. Doesnt matter older asian or older white guys. There is lookism and ageism in that country which is sad.

White guys who are young like under 30 , tall and good looking can do ok but if you dont fit that it be allot harder. Same applies to asian american guys.

At the same time majority of korean girls more or less stick to local korean guys but there is some korean girls that date out. At the same time from my last visit to korea i notice a growing number of expats girls with korean guys.

Part of the reason why korea has a low birth rate is because its too expensive to raise a family in korea. This is a country where education is important and sending your kids to cram school is allot of money.

There is growing number of korean women being westernize. I hate to say it but korean girls who exclusively date western guys tend to be allot more westernize.

South korea is a wealthy country compare to let say vietnam or the philippines. There is correlation as the country gets more wealthy the girls become more stuck up.

I have a korean wife from korea....there is plus and minus with her.
I have to sometimes be really forcefull to keep her in line. Outside of that she is ok. Not perfect but no one is.