Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Ghost » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:02 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Dark Side of Pinays

Postby mentor » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:56 pm

pete98146 wrote:All the more reason to use the internet to SELECTIVELY find women that fit the bill. Much of what you are saying is true. My wife is from a small town in northern Mindanao. A few weeks before she signed onto Cherry Blossoms (at her sister's urging) she moved to Cebu for work.

But had I just hopped on a plane and headed over to Phils for vacation, the chances of meeting a "good girl" are slim. My wife even admitted such. She used to be approached by expats while walking around in Cebu and she would basically flee and not make eye contact whereas on the internet, she was much more willing to take a chance and chat enough to make a connection with a foreigner.

I don't think it's impossible to find a good girl in Phils but doing so in a short span is almost impossible. IMHO, you'd have to spend a minimum of 3 months over there to strike gold. That's why meeting them online is such a good door opener. Is it a pain in the butt? Yes! Do girls attempt to scam you? Yes! Are these sites filled to the brim with desperate/less desirable ladies/problematic women? Yes! But you just have to be patient and learn ways to filter these women out. Then you come up with a list of 5 or so good ones and THEN you go visit Phils.

Always wise advice, thanks Pete.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Postby Dragon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:57 pm

chanta76 wrote:Ghost,

Isn't that what allot of expat guys are doing already? Going to the Philippines for a good time without really investing in that country or caring about the country. If filipina decides to become hard to get and not want to date any expat guys do you think there be any discussion about the Philippines as a place to go?

I look at this way. People are exploiting each other. Guys with some money go there to play around. The filipina are not that dumb to know that or maybe they are but they play the field too. Why? Because its about getting something. A part of me admire the mongers because they can just sleep with any random girl and not really invest or care granted something is telling me that girls who sleep around are the same.

As I'm getting older I realize people just want to take for themselves and very rarely you meet genuine caring people. It makes you bitter and hate life but eventually you become like them ..just taking.

The genuineness may be an illusiion. I had a high school teacher who was happily married with children tell me that you can never 100% know if your wife truly cares about you or what she actually feels. It wasn't a statement of paranoia either. He was absolutely correct.

You can never really know anyone's feelings, especially a woman's. You can only understand your own. Relationships with women is an example of something that even though it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it may not be a duck at all, if that makes sense. You can have all the trappings of a wonderful relationship and it can be snuffed out the next day.

Being a man is a lonely path that you have to accept, and I am saying this as a person that is probably younger than you.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Postby Balmung » Tue May 03, 2016 6:33 pm

pete98146 wrote:All the more reason to use the internet to SELECTIVELY find women that fit the bill. Much of what you are saying is true. My wife is from a small town in northern Mindanao. A few weeks before she signed onto Cherry Blossoms (at her sister's urging) she moved to Cebu for work.

But had I just hopped on a plane and headed over to Phils for vacation, the chances of meeting a "good girl" are slim. My wife even admitted such. She used to be approached by expats while walking around in Cebu and she would basically flee and not make eye contact whereas on the internet, she was much more willing to take a chance and chat enough to make a connection with a foreigner.

I don't think it's impossible to find a good girl in Phils but doing so in a short span is almost impossible. IMHO, you'd have to spend a minimum of 3 months over there to strike gold. That's why meeting them online is such a good door opener. Is it a pain in the butt? Yes! Do girls attempt to scam you? Yes! Are these sites filled to the brim with desperate/less desirable ladies/problematic women? Yes! But you just have to be patient and learn ways to filter these women out. Then you come up with a list of 5 or so good ones and THEN you go visit Phils.

This is basically what I did. In fact, the first thing I did was decide which country I wanted to search in- lots of good women all over, but it helps to narrow your focus. The Philippines is number 1 for K-1 visas to the US, and unlike a few others (China, Mexico), I feel like for the Philippines it's not just Filipino-American men marrying women from the old country. Plus they're Catholic, as am I, which appealed to me. Then I looked at online sites for the Phils, there were a lot of women active on FilipinoCupid, so that's what I picked. Strong search filters (age, education, non-smoker, Catholic, English ability, plus my estimation of their looks), message the top choices, narrow down and discard scammy-types (rare if you've filtered well).

I visited just one last summer... that's all it took. Visited her again at Christmas, and it's been like a dream. I'm not sure I could have found a woman as good as her in the US, not in a lifetime of searching. Now I've got things in the works to be based in Asia permanently. I've just moved to China, where I'm seeking out freelance work. Much of that can be done remotely, or with only occasional trips to China, so then I'll be based in her home city. I'm going to make this "happier abroad" thing work out for me.
Balmung
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand