Will N. Dowd Receives Death Threat For Turning Down Scam!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Will N. Dowd Receives Death Threat For Turning Down Scam!

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Yes it's true I got a death threat via text message, from someone I have never met, and who knows very little about me. All they know is the city I'm in, and my phone #, and they saw my pictures, but don't know my real name, or any other contact info.

It was a contact on FC I had turned down due to them being in a dangerous and different city than their profiles, and surprisingly having no fare to visit me, the oldest trick on the site I didn't fall for. When I asked them to please stop calling me, because they wouldn't come to meet me and I wouldn't go there, I was told I was in grave danger and a death threat was made against me twice by them. I sent screen shots to the dating site and the profile was deleted.

I'll assume this is just some typical Filipino nonsense and I'll never hear anything about it again. But...how common are these? Has anyone received a death threat for something so trivial or even just a death threat at all?

Is it worth reporting to local Police?

This is one those it's less fun in the Philippines moments.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Will N. Dowd Receives Death Threat For Turning Down Scam

Post by Zambales »

Once I had some abuse off a woman because I wouldn't send her money to see her dying father in Illigan. She said she hoped I got kidnapped & beheaded or words to that effect. I just laughed it off.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Depends. I would be wondering if God is giving me a warning of possible punishment if I didn't turn back now. That would be my first thought.

Since you are a non-believer, I have received one death threat in my life from a man who's girlfriend I knew. Later on he and I became friends.

I've never had anyone try to scam me and then threaten to kill me.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

You white guys are such ridiculously big targets for the sociopathic brown whores and dirty monkey men. The least you can do is try to meet/approach women in real life and not depend on shady internet sites.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Dragon wrote:The least you can do is try to meet/approach women in real life and not depend on shady internet sites.
Whose depending on internet sites? Believe it or not approaching women for real and using dating sites can both be done simultaneously. The internet is just another option.